Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #43

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
The over the door towel racks I have to agree are just a waste of money. Also "Cheap Sewer Hoses"!!! For Full Timing I Really Blew That One, we have since remedied that! Thanking the Poop Gods as nothing 'BAD HAPPENED".
The worst of what we got, was ON ME, I saw in the Grocery Store, vent scents, when I got them home and went to put them up, turns out they are jelly mounted on cardboard and not made to be put in or on vent filters through the ceiling. They are supposed to be hung inside S&B type vents. Oh Well.
Now I Have To Be Honest, "The Dumbest Thing "I" Thought We Bought", turned out to be one of,"THE BEST & MOST USEFUL", things we bought. Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - Satin Finish
Originally our Pace Arrow had a shower stall, like a lot of shower stalls, people remove the door and side panel; 1. for easier access, 2. for safety (glass unexpectedly Breaks). Ours had a cheap plastic shower curtain, and when taking a shower there was NO ROOM!!! I mean, the curtain would stick to Ya, Your Elbows Are Hitting The Walls.
Now This Shower Rod "CONTRAPTION" is IMHO, GREAT. On ours it doubled our shower stall space, and at 6' 4", My Wife Loves It. Just Kidding, I Love It. Since I have installed it she has used it every day. I, Still Prefer The Bath House, but I have no problem with showering in the MH any more.
Note Correction: I am 6' 4", DW is Really 4' 6".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #44

What Was I Thinking?

I just bought a big square hanger to dry small items on:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seemed like a good idea at the time but there was only one problem--we don't have a shower rod! Our shower curtain is attached to a track. Doh!

JimnDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Jim and Dawn you can still use the hanger. Buy 2 plastic "c" channel brackets and mount them just above your shower panels. Cut a metal rod to length and attach your hanger to that. When not drying things the rod can be used like an extra clothes closet.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #46

Neal & Deb, what a perfect idea! Our TT is new & we've been nervous about making mods but this one makes a lot of sense--thank you so much!
JimnDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #47

We bought one of the RV covers that are advertised at CW. Since it is heavier then the DW, I was the one that had to install it. First attempt was a failure as I could not take it up the ladder by myself to install. The second try worked with some help from my friends, but due to heavy winds the tarp ended up taring to shreds. Sorry to say, our local landfill site took a heavy hit that day. An extra wash and waxing now and then will have to do, in order to prolong the appearance of our home on wheels.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We bought a coffee maker which somehow overnite would swing open a bit. And the coffee would brew on time and leak all over the kitchen, and down behind the cabinets to the floor under the cabinets. We let that happen twice before depositing it in nearest dumpster. It was a Delonghi, I even called them to complain and they offered no fix. We actually went and bought a newer model of Delonghi. Sometimes I wonder at our choices....gave it to Goodwill, as it was an expensive appliance. Hope the next owners had better luck.
One Delonghi was enough for us. Amazing how LOUSY that coffeemaker was. Bought a Cuisinart from Costco....best coffeemaker we've ever had!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Large patio mat. Seldom use. Hassle to store, especially when wet /dirty.
And heavy as can be to put back where they go then you have to wash it when you get home let it dry and go through the whole process again. Wife is the only one that uses it and says she will clean it.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #50

I usually purchase orange ratchet style tie downs but this time I was at an auto parts store and they had green tie downs. They were useless because the hooks were not 180 degrees from center and they would not grab, they kept slipping off. Total junk.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #51

Damm Ford

I bought a Ford Power Joker the gutless truck of all never a Ford again the found dead on the road says it all....The Dodge leads the way...
Old 11-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #52

The worst thing? The Oxygenics Shower Head. I have very long hair and trying to wash it was a real pain. What I hated about the Oxygenics is that it didn't fully shut off when you pushed the button, left a trickle of water to dribble into tub, I hate the splashing of cold water. Yuck. Went with aCamco 43712 RV Shower Head with On/Off Switch and have lots of pressure and no dribbling.

If anyone wants the Oxygenics Shower Head, PM with addy and I will send it to the first person to do so without charge. First come, first served. lol

Kaye

Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Kaye--If you liked the flow of that Oxygenics, and your only criticism is the instant on/off valve, you can replace just that part. When I connected my Oxygenics, I didn't even use the on/off valve that came with it--I used the one that was already in my coach. That valve works fine. Just a thought.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #54

Statgeek, thanks for the info but I didn't find the flow all that great either. The Camco has it beat hands down. I can go with the hard driving flow for washing my hair or a gentle flow for the body.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:51 AM   #55

Can you advise (size, brand, etc.) on the step ladder you like. I just bought a tiffin bus and already see a step ladder would be handy to have....thanks.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
LED replacement light bulbs for the interior lights. Could not get ones that were anything but bright, harsh white even though many are marked "warm". And they just don't produce enough lumens. $200 later I went back to my regular incandescent bulbs.
We were disappointed as well. We ended up getting some etched-glass type contact paper for the inside of the fixture lenses.

jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote