Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #57

Send a message via AIM to DonaandDon
Bumper Clamp

My cousin built a wood carrier rack for me. Being new to TVs I bought a rear bumper clamp. I took pictures after I got to the campground but will not post them. lol..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #58

Before I continue, know that I've owned a dozen or more GPS', for cars, boats and now, the RV. Garmin has not let me down until the 760LMT

Ordered the Dezl760, it led me way astray before and after installing the latest update. Called Garmin, they agreed with my analysis, and replaced it. Same thing; the replacement wouldn't accept proper routing if my weight was input over 3.86 tons.

OK, another call, and they said, "Sorry, we'll send you a new RV760LMT."

Since both the Dezl and the RV use the same platform, the RV version routed wrong, too. 3 strikes...they're out.

I sold the 760LMT and will use our old Garmin 2460 (without which we'd still be lost in the North Georgia mountains!)

Old 01-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
The worst thing? The Oxygenics Shower Head. I have very long hair and trying to wash it was a real pain. What I hated about the Oxygenics is that it didn't fully shut off when you pushed the button, left a trickle of water to dribble into tub Kaye
Actually, I believe they're designed that way to keep the flow warm so when you turn it on you don't get a blast of cold water.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplante4 View Post
Actually, I believe they're designed that way to keep the flow warm so when you turn it on you don't get a blast of cold water.
Yes, it is a safety thing to keep you from getting scalded, and the opposite also.
I love our oxygenics shower head, we didn't get one until a couple years ago. My husband thought it used more water, but then we were using the tank water and pump, and it had better pressure than the shore water. So it is a definite improvement.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #61

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Before I continue, know that I've owned a dozen or more GPS', for cars, boats and now, the RV. Garmin has not let me down until the 760LMT

Ordered the Dezl760, it led me way astray before and after installing the latest update. Called Garmin, they agreed with my analysis, and replaced it. Same thing; the replacement wouldn't accept proper routing if my weight was input over 3.86 tons.

OK, another call, and they said, "Sorry, we'll send you a new RV760LMT."

Since both the Dezl and the RV use the same platform, the RV version routed wrong, too. 3 strikes...they're out.

I sold the 760LMT and will use our old Garmin 2460 (without which we'd still be lost in the North Georgia mountains!)
I bought some gps's for the drivers where I used to work, and they really liked them for route planning. But I think they were Rand McNally brand.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #62

The worst?

I bought a TST tire pressure monitor system. The sensors add considerable effort to adjusting the tire pressure and the o-rings need to be replaced every few times. Intermittent reception from the sensors. Went back to no TPMS.

Also bought a CAMCO plastic sewer support ramp. It broke after one use and I'd lost the receipt so no return.

I also bought an ADCO RV cover. Much more of a challenge to use than anticipated, so it doesn't get used.

My tire covers blew in a windstorm. Didn't replace them either.
195pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We got 2 things, the first was a Tent patio Gazebo and the second was an 8 ton hydraulic jack. Still stuck with the gazebo (DW still thinks we will use it), but got a 20 ton hydraulic jack.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #64

Bought a Samlex SSW 1000 pure sine wave inverter. Found out it interfered with my surround sound system. Called customer support. Tech told me that model was not FCC approved. Poor service and bad product. 😁
Old 01-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought a thing you hooked up to the toilet that would put the chemical in every time you flushed it. The whole motor home stunk like black tank chemical. Got rid of that after the first trip with it.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #66

One of the stupidest things I've ever bought was a leveling pillow. It was huge (about 4ft long by 2ft wide), made of Kevlar and very heavy. One drove the trailer wheels onto it and blew it up until the trailer was level. It did come with a heavy-duty compressor. Problem was - since it was a pillow - it would move, a lot. Cost about $300. I still have it somewhere in the barn.

Another great idea that did not work.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #67

Eevelle RV cover for our 33-foot motor home. Nine months, the top was giving off fluff. Eleven months, the top was shedding 6-inch across pieces of plastic and tearing from the weight of the cover. Manufacturer insisted I deal with the distributor, and distributor said I had to deal with the manufacturer. Neither offered ANYTHING.

Less than a year after purchase, it was too compromised to be of any use as an RV cover, and I gave it to a neighbor. She used the sides of the cover to shade her chicken coops.

(Best thing might be one of those cheap plastic folding dish drains - over a decade and still going strong after having a home in three RVs.)

Matt B
Old 01-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #68

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Didn't think to look

Stupid me. Didn't even occur to me to look for a "Best thing you purchased" thread...

Quote:
(Best thing might be one of those cheap plastic folding dish drains - over a decade and still going strong after having a home in three RVs.)

Matt B
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:06 PM   #69

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmattb View Post
Eevelle RV cover for our 33-foot motor home. Nine months, the top was giving off fluff. Eleven months, the top was shedding 6-inch across pieces of plastic and tearing from the weight of the cover. Manufacturer insisted I deal with the distributor, and distributor said I had to deal with the manufacturer. Neither offered ANYTHING.

Less than a year after purchase, it was too compromised to be of any use as an RV cover, and I gave it to a neighbor. She used the sides of the cover to shade her chicken coops.

Matt B
Thanks for that one, yeah, we have thought seriously about covers, but my main concern was how to get it up there. And then I worried it would do damage by flapping in the wind.

I agree on the dish drainer, but lately we have been using one of those super absorbent mats, as it seems we never leave dishes sitting very long before drying.

In the Best category, I would have to mention the stair covers which are fastened to the steps with springs. I Love them for keeping loose dirt outside.