Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
12 volt ceiling fan for the bedroom: Moves a lot of air, but it sounds like it is grinding walnuts while doing it. \ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
LOL, our ceiling fan in our bedroom moves awesome air, but sounds like a boatload of mice are having a party up there.
Our ceiling fan is whisper quiet. I'm not sure what brand it is, but the housing looks just like the one pictured & ours has a remote too.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought a coffee maker which somehow overnite would swing open a bit. And the coffee would brew on time and leak all over the kitchen, and down behind the cabinets to the floor under the cabinets. We let that happen twice before depositing it in nearest dumpster. It was a Delonghi, I even called them to complain and they offered no fix. We actually went and bought a newer model of Delonghi. Sometimes I wonder at our choices....gave it to Goodwill, as it was an expensive appliance. Hope the next owners had better luck.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
The Amish cooling unit and multiple fans to try to make my Norcold acceptable for storing perishable foods. Big mistake.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
The Amish cooling unit and multiple fans to try to make my Norcold acceptable for storing perishable foods. Big mistake.
I thought those Amish cooling units were supposed to be the cure-all?
Old 09-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
There is only one cure-all for any RV type absorption fridge that is having problems; install a residential that will truly keep the food & beverages cold in the fridge and food frozen in the freezer.

It took me 9 years to finally figure that one out. Sure wished that I had come to my senses earlier.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
I thought those Amish cooling units were supposed to be the cure-all?

I thought so too, that's why I spent the money on it. I'm sure someone will say that there were air gaps when the CU was installed. I thought that too at one point and pulled the fridge, tore it apart and refitted the CU, making double sure there were no gaps. It worked OK some times and terrible others. Life is too short to be checking the fridge temp display every hour.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
LED replacement light bulbs for the interior lights. Could not get ones that were anything but bright, harsh white even though many are marked "warm". And they just don't produce enough lumens. $200 later I went back to my regular incandescent bulbs.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj00ta View Post
Agreed on the mat.. bought a big one.. 10x20 iirc.. used it once.... likely never again.
Haha! Bought one of those too! Used it once, fought to roll it up again, left it by the dumpster on my way to the next stop!
drillking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
SO FAR it's only been a door screen protector that was the wrong size. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that RV's would manufacture different width doors..
Wasted ten bucks or something on it, but I still need one to keep four dogs off the new screen door. Should probably check welders for someone who wants to do some ornamental aluminum work..
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandC View Post
SO FAR it's only been a door screen protector that was the wrong size. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that RV's would manufacture different width doors..
Wasted ten bucks or something on it, but I still need one to keep four dogs off the new screen door. Should probably check welders for someone who wants to do some ornamental aluminum work..
We bought a screen door protector from Lowes for a regular house screen door, turned it 90 degrees so it was taller than wide and trimmed the little ears where it is supposed to attach by screws. And drilled new holes for the screws. It works great for our 2 little terriers to keep them from going through the screen.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does a whole RV count or do I have to list all the parts?
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We bought a screen door protector from Lowes for a regular house screen door, turned it 90 degrees so it was taller than wide and trimmed the little ears where it is supposed to attach by screws. And drilled new holes for the screws. It works great for our 2 little terriers to keep them from going through the screen.
Well! I'll go tomorrow so that I may get it installed by the weekend. We're headed to a resort, but hopefully, the weather will hold and the smarter half and I can lounge and consume a couple of alchoholic beverages. It would be nice not to worry about the door..
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #41

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
For sale:

For Sale:

One set of three (3) ADCO wheel covers. BUS size. These are great for prolonging the life of your RV's tires. The work perfectly as described on the box.

Pro's:

Cover the tires on your RV preventing sun fade

Keep rain splatter off your wheels

Cons:

DO NOT USE IF THERE IS ANY SIGN OF WIND!! (hence the set of three)

PM me for special price.
RobRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #42
JSW

I had the Amish unit installed in my Norcold last year and it has worked very well. Only problem so far, the gas igniter went out and I replaced it with a used one and it works fine. Sorry others have had problems.
JSW is offline   Reply With Quote