Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: What region do you feel has the friendliest people ?
Pacific 8 9.88%
Mountain 6 7.41%
West North Central 6 7.41%
West South Central 23 28.40%
East North Central 6 7.41%
East South Central 10 12.35%
Northeast 5 6.17%
Mid-Atlantic 1 1.23%
South Atlantic 16 19.75%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #29
I didn't vote, I haven't been to everywhere - yet. I'm working on it though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #30
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've been to all 48 states and we found nice people in all of them.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #31
I have lived in the South most of my life. I found out that it is pretty "clickish" meaning, people stay with the people they know and sometimes breaking through those barriers is difficult. I consider myself friendly, outgoing and personable. I'm pretty smart, educated but yet down to earth. I used to drive a truck, but yet have been an executive assistant for a huge corporation. I like to think that I can fit into any group of people. But I lived for 13 years in Macon, Georgia and made one close friend. I grew up in Florida and have no close friends there. But I have lived in the Pacific Northwest for 3 years and have made some of the best friends EVER. These people would do almost anything for me and they were all very very welcoming to an out of towner. I don't know....maybe it's just the people I have associated with ---- or else just a streak of good luck? I don't know. But I love PNW people for sure!
Dawn in Washington
Husband Joel and one spoiled papillon "Roxie"
2011 Keystone Residence 402BH
dawnbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #32
Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I've been told that I'd talk to a dead raccoon and yes I will strike up a conversation with just about anyone. I'll never forget my first trip to New York. I went to a counter to buy film and as usual smiled and said please and thank you. The cashier looked at me like I was from another planet. "Where you from?" he asked. I told him Florida and will never forget his answer. "PLEASE? THANK YOU?, I'm movin to Florida!"
I did the opposite and moved to New York a dozen years ago. I love the people here. Yes they will say exactly what's on their mind but that said, I always know exactly what they think of me. I do find that cashiers are much friendlier in the south though.
Fulltime workamper traveling with Toy Poodles Cricket and Liza and Standard Poodle Gable
decodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #33
You need to separate the PNW from the West. Completely different people. But fun anyways.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
No need to vote. Nice people everywhere and not so nice people everywhere.
Ron & Kathy FMCA F327322
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #35
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I can't answer this question, but I can tell you who has the most unfriendly people. No, I'm not going to put the answer here.

2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote