Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
We are minimalists and prefer our RV to look neat at all times. Understand that we are the exception. We get something out and put it away as soon as we are done with it. Makes full time living much easier.
We're the same - zero clutter. We don't plan on buying many souvenirs, per se, but we have started collecting things we find that remind us of each trip.

At Lakeside Resort we found a small plastic duck "swimming" in the lake next to our boat; that now resides in the shower. I also found a silver quarter on the ground at a campsite in Mojave - it just happens to be my birth year and lives in my wallet as a good luck piece.

Then, of course, there are all the lumps I find on the top of my head when I forget to duck under the slides. I remember exactly where I was and how I found each one. Those memories will last a lifetime

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was going to get a dream catcher during our Yellowstone vacation, but the ones I saw were not made in America or by Native Americans. So that's out. However, I did get a nice 5" kachina doll for the nick-nack shelf. Also, I picked up a Yellowstone throw blanket.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Key chains are what I buy to remind us of our visits. Hang them in a box picture frame in the rv. Open the "door" and swap them out occasionally. Also have a small wooden sign that says "I understand. I just don't care" over by the table picked up from a tiny shop in GA. T-shirts in the closet and hats in a drawer- that's DH thing. I unload some to stick house and make room for more since he has to have one or other from everywhere.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #32
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Our almost $300K coach came with two paintings, well not really. They were at least artwork with a frame. They were literally foam board, sprayed with paint and then some paint thrown onto it. The coach came with two of these. The first one we replaced with a photo taken at one of our favorite spots, Yosemite. We had it framed under glass and replaced the $6 artwork Newmar had installed. We replaced the bedroom one this week, with a signed print of the Grand Tetons. I was going to throw away the Newmar "artwork", but decided I may need to replace it when we sell the coach some day.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:01 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
We carry an 8-Point Hudson Bay blanket picked up in Nova Scotia. Falls in that practical souvenir purchase category. \ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HudsonBay8Point.png
Views:	45
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	98656  
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #34

To my great suprise, I actually found one of the old style window stickers for the state of Colorado in a tourist trap shop in Estes Park last year. I had to have it.
SBarnesdzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Our latest souvineer was purchased in Amana Colonies. It brightens up the beedroom.
Looks great
Old 07-05-2015, 02:29 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The kachina I bought at Yellowstone's Old Faithful Inn's gift shop:

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
We carry an 8-Point Hudson Bay blanket picked up in Nova Scotia. Falls in that practical souvenir purchase category. \ken
Nice!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
The kachina I bought at Yellowstone's Old Faithful Inn's gift shop:

Lived in New Mexico for a while. Always wanted to collect them.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #39

We're not much on knick nacks. However, we do have two little girls and spend a lot of time taking them to Disney. The last time we were there I saw this painting in the art store at Epcot and decided we had to have it for the RV. It's just too fitting......

Old 07-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
My wife has taken to picking up small stones while walking on the beach. When she finds one she likes - it gets added to decorative jar that's filled with water - and that sits on the ledge next to the dining room table. The water brings out the colors of the stones. It's a collection that's small, natural, not at all gaudy - and wonderfully cheap!
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
We just got our MH and the artwork is definitely not distinctive nor us. I'm changing it out with oil paintings/artwork I did recently. It's lighter than all that glass. I did pack away the original bedspread in a large space bag for storage. Not my style. Also, I love (and taught) digital scrapbooking so I hope to document our travel experiences with layouts in a binder. I hope to keep things fairly simple except at Halloween and Christmas. Gotta have some fun!
Artcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Pressed pennies. I drill two holes in them and tack them onto a finished piece of wood.

Tags
decals, decorations, souvenirs, stickers