Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #43
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
We are minimalists and prefer our RV to look neat at all times. Understand that we are the exception. We get something out and put it away as soon as we are done with it. Makes full time living much easier.

We are (my wife) the same way. Always make the bed when we get up. Keep everything in it's place so it always looks nice. Makes living in a small space enjoyable .

NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #44
We are, as a couple others, minimalists though we are starting to add a few fridge magnets but the only place to stick them is the range hood. We already have a bunch of odd ball things in the S&B place that date from my world travels for work. Years back we had a '74 Kountry Aire 5er that had windows covered with decals from our US travels with that rig. I still have a 1980 or so vintage Wall Drug bumper sticker, an Opryland, and a Pike's Peak sticker among others on a cabinet door in my garage.

It is fun to collect 'things' from RV travels though.

Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #45
I buy magnets from places visited and put them on the stove hood. I also decorate with pink flamingos since we are from Florida and we have a sign on a wire stand with a picture of our motorhome, names, hometown, etc. Great conversation starter.
OHpink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #46
We love our little Mexican bobble head turtles bought on Santispec beach for $0.50 USD each.
Fred & Mary RVM135
2012 Dutch Star 3735 ISL 400
2012 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 4x4
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #47
Have kept this saguaro on our dash for over two years. It is our mascot. It also has now grown above the sign.

2003 Itasca Sunrise 32v F53
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #48
Replaced the "artwork" that came with the coach with a fitting painting of snow capped mountains on the horizon at the end of a road. Other than that we have canvas prints of our favorite photos made and hang them where we can (not many walls)and we're not much on nick knacks, try to keep things simple, so most of our souvenirs are items we use or ornaments for the Christmas Tree at the S&B. We started off buying coffee mugs, but how many of those can you really store..........
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:10 PM   #49
Lapel pins. Usually below $7, small, specific, and easy to display (the first 100 or so)! I have well over 250 and have them displayed on homemade fabric banners.
Stan. 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2l V6
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101FBS
Fastway e2 hitch & Tekonsha Prodigy RF
ampmtnbkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
I guess we fall into the 'if we can't eat it or use it" crowd. We are trying to downsize so we do not collect any longer. I have little things that we have bought, only things we need, like a spoon rest to replace one that broke, clothing if we see something we want (not usually destination oriented)...boring, huh?
Lynn & Andy Dudish
2005 Winnebago Adventurer
Kar Kaddy with MINI Cooper
On the Road with 7 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Since going full time our quest for mementos is geared to collecting items we can use or display when and if we get off the road. It's like a second and third stage of life for us.

1st stage was before full time and we only stored things that would fit into the next life stage. We brought some decorative items to remind us of our past.

2nd stage is now - and on the road. We need very little so we look for things that will remind us of where we have been and the life we have now.

The 3rd stage will be either directly to a retirement community or a transition place toward that end. We want to have things that we can show and share with others as we reminisce about our life on the road.

I suppose souvineers have different meaning and value depending on your stage in life and whether you're on the vacation trail, weekender trail or full timer trail.

Pictures are nice - but we want those little keepsakes as reminders!

Have fun everyone!
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I added some photos of our first real vacation trip in the MH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150728_103318.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	101412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150728_132424.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	101413  

2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #53
You do realize that your "little" saguaro will be too tall to keep in your RV in about 50 years?

Matt B

Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
Have kept this saguaro on our dash for over two years. It is our mascot. It also has now grown above the sign.

Matt B
1998 Monaco Windsor
oldmattb is offline   Reply With Quote

decals, decorations, souvenirs, stickers