Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question What souvenirs have you bought to decorate your RV?

Remembering the days when people put decals of the places they visited on their trailers and early motorhomes caused the topic to pop into my head.

Many (if not most) RVs are somewhat colorless in their interiors. So, adding nic-nacs and other souvenirs to the inside of your RV would add some color and make it more "homey" inside.

What have you bought in your travels to decorate your RV? If you have photos, feel free to post them.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2015, 10:21 PM   #2

I have a dreamcatcher with a teepee pattern I bought from a woman at Wounded Knee. If you saw some of the jewelry, kachinas, and etc. we have in our house, you would understand the irony of us buying "rubber tomahawks." Anyway, our friend Verna had a sore knee (I swear that is what she said - maybe it was intended as a joke), and needed $10 for the tribal clinic.

The dreamcatcher hangs from the never-used TV antenna crank, its place of display in four RVs so far.

Matt B
Old 06-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
Remembering the days when people put decals of the places they visited on their trailers and early motorhomes caused the topic to pop into my head.

Many (if not most) RVs are somewhat colorless in their interiors. So, adding nic-nacs and other souvenirs to the inside of your RV would add some color and make it more "homey" inside.

What have you bought in your travels to decorate your RV? If you have photos, feel free to post them.
Our latest souvineer was purchased in Amana Colonies. It brightens up the beedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433478538379.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	96248  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #4

We have some bear towel hooks from Colorado. Photos of the Durango-Silverton railroad. A photo of Sun Devil Stadium and photos of our trip to the 1987 Rose Bowl in our old 1983 Class C. Of course, we have our trailer hitch flag pole with the Sun Devil flag for game day and the Stars and Stripes for the 4th of July. We also have a U.S. Flag that rode on one of the first vehicles to roll into Bagdad during Operation Iraqi Freedom, signed by our son's grunt platoon.

We also deck the bus with Christmas lights, wreaths, and bells received from Santa during our ten years of riding on the Polar Express at the Grand Canyon Railroad in Williams, AZ. The cupboards are full of hot chocolate and our Jammie's are in the closet. But, this is only during our week at Wiiliams with the grand kids for Polar Express.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:05 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Our latest souvineer was purchased in Amana Colonies. It brightens up the beedroom.
I'll say it does! Beautiful!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:04 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sometimes I pick up refrigerator magnets. There's a place in Borrego Springs that has tons of them. One of my favorites has a confused girl's face on it with a caption below that says:

"I just please need you to shut up for one minute."

Then I have a couple of wooden signs that I put out on my rv's grill. One says:

"Save time, through your tackle directly into the lake!"

The other says:

"The crab is in"

I got these in a western store in Wickenburg, Az.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We really only have 1 thing, its an Alaska vanity license plate from when we went there in 2009. It's propped up in the front window. I guess I consider it a some sort of badge of honor as in reality not many people make the trek on an annual basis.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We found an adorable Florida gecko made out of wire and beads. It is a great memory reminder of the day we spent with an old Navy friend in Venice Fl.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #9

I have mostly fridge magnets since there is simply no counter space for nick-nacks. I like the wildlife ones. Also have a few colorful wildlife postcards to find a space for plus one of those old timey tin signs with a deer that says Lodge. I had space for 2 small framed pics of wildlife.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I like the oldmattb's dreamcatcher idea. Since I am going to Yellowstone in 2 weeks, I will be on the lookout for one. I do have one small shelf that can be used for nick-nacks. I have a packet of Velcro squares for holding such things down.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:05 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been picking up baseball caps too. The top of my head thanks me...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433765033579.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	96612   Click image for larger version

Name:	1433765117928.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	96613  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I've been picking up baseball caps too. The top of my head thanks me...
Same here ... hats and T-shirts (and sometimes salsa) ... if we can't wear it or eat it, we don't want it.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #13

Gulf Streamers Club
We have done a few different things. Hubby collects hiking stick medallions from our various travel stops for this wonderful knobby old chunk of wood we picked up in the Davis Mtns in Texas.
We also buy small (5x8) matted prints of some of our destinations (some are copies of Depression-era posters of the national parks)that are velcroed to the walls.
And last, I collect vintage linen postcards from the 1930s, 40s, and 50s related to our various stops (most of them from ebay; a few from the local antique shops as we travel). Someday I plan to decopage them randomly and artistically to cover the fridge door in the motorhome.

All are colorful and invariably bring a smile when we "remember that great little campground in that little town in Nebraska, right on the river?"
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I buy t-shirts (I have too many hats already). Most recent ones are from Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. In two weeks, I get to add Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.

Tags
decals, decorations, souvenirs, stickers