Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #29
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
46 years as owner/ fire supperssion designer. Also cheif cook and bottle washer for our construction co. in Boston, Ma. We live in Florida and I run my business from that office with good men in boston.

Mike, Janet & Duchess (cavalier King Charles)
2008 35B windsport, Brazel's rear TracBar, Koni shocks & Safe T plus steering
mikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
Vintage RV Owners Club
I am a 20 year lumber trader and DW is a 6 year lumber trader.

fkloster = Fritz & Erin (& Lucy the Weim)
1991 Beaver Marquis 40' (1,225 ft. lbs. torque)
2011 JGC Overland Summit Toad / U.S Gear Brake
fkloster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #31
I'm active military with 20 years. Not sure yet if ill retire at 25 or 30.
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 CTD, 45 gallon gravity tank, Cooper A/T3's, Bilstiens
2012 Arctic Fox 22H 300 watt Solar, Morningstar TS-45, 460 AH batteries, Xantrax 1000 watt PSW
Abnmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #32

I'm a Soldier currently in the deep North but already thinking of spring and where to go first. Looking forward to getting my 5th out and de-winterized. I know the Camperboy is looking forward to learning to swim and hike.....still a puppy but hit 100lbs last week.
Forest River Fifth Wheel
Ford 350 Dually, King Ranch
New Puppy Camper Boy
Helotes2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #33
I retired in 2000 at the ripe old age of 47. Two years after bypass surgery which the rehab folks attributed to job stress, so I fixed that problem. Fortunately for me my slightly older and wonderful spousal unit still works as a hospice nurse to provide us with health care.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

I retired 6 yrs ago (at 55) after 33 years with Hewlett Packard as a regional Customer Services Director. 1973 was a good time to be in Silicon Valley so we're fortunate enough to be able to live off of our investments.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #35
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We currently working.

I (Gene) an in the Facility Operations department for the New York JETS Training Facility in Florham Park, NJ. I see after the mechanical equipment as well as the building automation systems.

My Wife Ginger works for Mars Snackfood in Hackettstown, NJ. She currently is in the Seasonal Sales department as a Planning & Ops Analyst. She will have 20 years in this fall.

Being 40 & 39 we have a way to go before retirement.
Gene & Ginger 04 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Workhorse, 11 Subaru Forester (Toad), Blue Ox Aladdin, BrakeBuddy, ScanGaugeII, BatteryMINDer, KONI FSD's
Gene's Pictures Ginger's Pictures Gene's Videos
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #36
I'm a mechanic, I repair trucks and construction equipment for a utility. Trucks are in my blood what can i say. We have a fleet of Workhorse cutaways where I work so if anyone has any Questions about em feel free to email me.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #37
I'm an Engineer for a furniture manufacturing company (Herman Miller Inc.) - 31 years - work on new product development. Plan on retirement in alittle over a year. My wife jumped the gun and took retirement last year - stinker.

scottandjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #38
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have worked for The Chemistry Department at East Carolina University in Greenville NC as an Electronics Technician for almost 38 years. My wife works at The ECU School of Medicine in the Telemedicine Department and at Pitt Memorial Hospital part-time in Patient Placement. We both proctor test such as the SAT, ACT, and PRAXIS for the ECU testing center a few Saturday mornings during the year.
I also do some volunteer work with my Church, The Clark's Neck Fire Department, The Amateur Radio Emergency Service, and the State Employees Association of North Carolina.
We both plan to retire from our state jobs next year and start slowing down some and enjoying life more.

Bill & Camillla
Thor Four Winds 31L Class C and Jeep Liberty
WA4SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was a CAD Support Engineer for a semiconductor manufacturing company here in Silicon Valley for over 30 years until I "retired" at the end of 2008. Wifey was an administrative assistant for 7 years until she,too, "retired" about 2 months before I did. We decided to make our retirement official since the job market is not really geared to old pharts like us, and now we spend our time doing a bit of traveling locally. Last week we got a new "hobby" - our oldest son and his wife turned us into grandparents for the first time! Their son (our grandson) was born on 2/25/11 - 8 lbs 13 oz, 20 inches long and a TON of enjoyment!

Our house is paid off and we're living on our savings until I'm eligible for SS - two more years. My 401(k) has been turned into a Rollover IRA and is currently making us 28% per year so it will keep us comfortable once we start taking distributions...
Alan Hepburn - San Jose, Ca
2007 Bounder 35E being pushed by a 2008 smart fortwo Passion
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #40
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired October of 2009. Most of my working years were spent doing system hardware and software support for a large company.
Foothills of the Smokies
2005 Bounder 35E
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #41
I've re-invented myself so many times I'm loosing track. Let's see....28 yrs in healthcare administration, started three home health agencies, 6 years selling industrial equipment, bought a home improvement franchise, now an independent contractor for industrial maintenance. I'll grow up some day and figure out just what I want to be. Retire? Not in my DNA! I'll slow down to about six months a year in about 5yrs. DW is in healthcare administration with 5 to go.
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #42
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
retired from US Army 25.5 years in 2006 (Cavalry Scout, Medic, Licensed Practical Nurse, 1SG, 5 combat tours) Currently the Safety & Occupational Health Manager at Army Hospital (2200 employees) Certified Healthcare Safety Professional. DW works for local school district. Working on second retirement after kids finish school- college and high school. Then hope to full-time.

Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote