Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #57

Wow, this is a fascinating thread. I am a customer service rep in a distribution warehouse, in previous lives was a small engine mechanic, salesman, and fleet supervisor but can't handle the stress and speed required anymore.DW is a semi retired mortgage broker.
January 13 2014 is the magic day, see ya corporate world. Probably not full timing but will be spending a lot more time on the road.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired and unemployed.

Began in the Garbage business,

Then things went downhill and did Portable toilet services and finally Sewage Sludge recycling.

Never got any higher in the food chain....
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #59

Will be retiring from law enforcement in 14 months, 27 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes, 42 seconds.....but hey, who's counting
DW will be retiring at the same time with 25 years in medical records. We plan to be FTers and do some workamping.
BobinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #60

Deandec, wow , that proves that sh@@ really does go down hill doesn't it
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am a mechanical engineer and work for one of the big engineering firms.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #62
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I was software tech on DMS100 switches for Verizon, retired at 53 and became an unemployed homeless transient. (fulltimer)

Now I'm just retired.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #63

Workhorse Chassis Owner
About 27 yrs ago, I was lucky to have my boss assign me to a new and unwanted project, building a computer network for Alcoa. Learned alot more about it over the years and got on with a company named Cisco in the early '90s.

Retired 11 years ago at 43 yrs old.

Now, I am free to drive the wife crazy (she still works as a nurse) and I try to do some good with volunteer workamping about 7 months a year.

Now, traveling with a real purpose, not to just make the next year's quota. Blessed.
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
I Retired from my "Real Job" after 23 years as British Airways Airport Supervisor in 2001. Im now a full time Artist www.gailart.com and www.gailwilliamsjewelry.com While Husband is still working as a pilot for Delta .. Had a vintage Airstream but with 2 large dogs and a parrot... just to small. New to the Big Rig , and loving every minute!
Stormywx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #65

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do highway traffic control for large construction company and the wife is an RN. So going thru NJ with traffic down to one lane and backed up for miles may be my fault
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #66
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I leased a service Station in 1958 and stayed in the petroleum industry all my life. My DW and I purchased a truck stop in 1967 and I ran that business until my retirement in 2007. She ran the restaurant from 1972 until 1999 when she retired. We still own the location but lease the property to our daughter and her DH. The restaurant was sold to a used car dealer after she retired.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #67

I work in the NYS Court system, retire in 6 years. DW is social worker and will retire when she wants, probably a year before me. Our plan is to be snowbirds going to dog shows in the south in the winter and then coming back to Upstate NY for the beautiful summers. House will be paid with rental unit to cover expenses and hopefully live off retirement and SS.
Dan DeBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #68

I own a service company specializing in the plastics industry.
DW is a photographer/writer for CHL hockey teams.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #69

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Retried 1997 Deputy Fire Chief. Went in to private sector Health and Safety Management (double dipped haha) in the oil and gas industry until December 7th 2011 when I was "downsized". lol. DW retired 6 years ago from Hospital Admin. Have new 5er and headed to Tucson next week for 2 months. Still have a house in NM so not fulltiming yet but will spend lot of time at the lake with our 5er and boat, head south for next winter.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
I need discount tickets to Italy. Need a temp baggage handler?
Sure, hop on!

BTW, you'll need to talk my employer into serving Rome out of DFW.

If you can do that, I'll happily take you along
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote