Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #71
Fleetwood Owners Club
I was an independent business man. I was in the ''Spot and Steel'' business.
I would ''Spot'' things in the day time and would go back and ''Steel'' them at nite.....

the hours sucked but the profit margin was great .....lol ..... again .....

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #72
Cool thread...My most important job was FT Mom and I also loved it (and LOVE being Gamma to twins) My current profession is a RN and Licensed Midwife, but for the next ??? years I am retired. Plan to work/volunteer at whatever I can/need to in order to be a traveling FTer.

"The mark of success is spending an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilt" ~Anonymous
Cherylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #73
Winnebago Owners Club
I am an aircraft mechanic for a major airline. My wife is a traveling ER Registered Nurse. Hope to retire somewhere within the next 8-12 years. But who knows, that is so far off, yet it will be here before we know it.
Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #74
Fleetwood Owners Club
Forced into an early retirement 4 years ago. You guessed it, banking industry bottom fell out. No, my nickname is not Bernie

No plans to work FT or PT unless the rest of the economy's bottom falls out. Enjoy the RV lifestyle too much.

David & Gail Salisbury, NC
2003 American Eagle 42'
denochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #75
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired at 51 years of age 2 years ago, before that I was a service manager for a large Honda dealership. Now to keep doing what I like best (full timing) I'm living on a fixed income and trying to figure out how to live on a budget. (never had to before I retired) After DW and I have some fun and travel this year, we will look into volunteer work and workamping.
'98 Gulf Stream Sunsport 325, 7.5L Banks Power Pack, Koni FSD's, Air Bags, ReadyBrute Elite,
2000 Honda Accord

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #76
Evergreen Owners Club
I did 27 years in prison. (8 hours at a time). Retired as shift commander at 57. Two months after I retired DW was forced out of her job due to health (retail). I'm now driving school bus for the local district. Gives me summers to do some workkamping (I hope).
2015 Evergreen Bayhill

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #77
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I worked for Western Electric as a Operations Engineer, Facilities Maintenance. I was retired from there after AGERE Systems closed the doors and now work as a Chief Building Engineer for a local bank.
Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #78
DH was self employed all his life as a Custom residential builder. The bottom dropped out of that some time ago. He is semi retired and works for the Sheriff's office as a civilian officer.

I'm still working full time as an R.N. working with the elderly for the government. I plan to retire in June next year but the new Governor may rush that along for me. We are readying our new to us RV for some long trips a couple months at a time, God willing.
Barb and Gordon Collins
Liberty, SC
2010 Phoenix Cruiser
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #79
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm a Industrial Maintanence Mechanic.

In the past I have been:
Police officer
Substitute High school teacher (22 different vocational subjects taught)
Owner of a Towing company
Technical Consultante at Crane Cams
Truck driver for Home Depot
TV transmitter operator
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #80
Nor'easters Club
Im a horologist! Before anybody jumps to conclusions that means clock maker! My parents own a jewelery store and I work for them. Nice to be in a family business, get lots of time to take the camper out!! We have to save holiday weekends to camp with my parents but thats ok, it works out well for all of us!
2010 Kestone Bullet 295 BHS
2004 Chevy Suburban
Reese Dual Cam hitch
charlie.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #81
American Coach Owners Club
'Jet' troop, retired. Everything from B-52Ds to B-777s. (1966-2005)...I B-Done! Bob
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #82
Having been a wing nut (a person who loves aircraft) at the young age of 5 years, I have had great jobs for the past 39 years as an Engineer in the aerospace industry. Most of the 39 years has been the design of corporate aircraft interiors.
The aircraft I have been privileged to contribute designs to or support to are:

Dassault Falcon Cargo Freighter F20 First fleet aircraft for Federal Express in 1972.
Dassalut Falcon 10 corporate jet.
Dassault Falcon 50 corporate jet.
Dassalut HU-25A surveillance aircraft for the U.S. Coast Guard
Dassault Falcon 900 corporate jet.
Dassault Falcon 2000 corporate jet.
Dassault Falcon F7X corporate jet.
Learjet model 35 corporate jet.
Learjet model 55 corporate jet.
Boeing 747-300 for Saudi Head of State
Vaught A-7 Corsair Crew Station Design
Rockwell B-1 Bomber Flight Test Liaison Engineer on Vaught Aerospace production line.

ArTravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #83
Own a Heating and A/C business since 1983
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #84
National RV Owners Club
Pastor a church in Mid Missouri, ( Apostolic Faith Pentecostal Church - Waynesville Missouri )
Own a Credit Card processing company ( www.honestcreditcardprocessing.com )
Enjoying Rv'ing take several trips a year over 1000 miles and stay at the local lake several times a year.

Life is GOOD!

2000 Dolphin
2001 Pt Cruiser
Russ & Dana is offline   Reply With Quote