Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #85

I work two part time jobs. I help a friend out on his farm. Still been looking for full time employment since I was laid off October 2008.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #86

Thor Owners Club
Tracy and I are practicing for our retirement. She after 25 plus years in the now defunct mortgage business. I own Sleepy Poet Antique Mall. It is a large 55,000 sq. ft. store. I rent space to other vendors and sell there merchandise. It's a family business, and my son who runs the day to day pays me really well to stay away..Really he likes it when I am gone in the MH. Who would have guessed...Anyway life is good. And I only have the business, so I will never really retire. Check us out at. www.sleepypoetstuff.com

Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #87

Lean Manufacturing,Reliability Centered Maintenance. I redesign Business Processes From manufacturing to purchasing for total efficiency, Unions hate me. Wife owns a Real Estate Investment Corporation. Can't wait to retire and travel this beautiful country while we still have the freedom to do so.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #88

I started a marble, granite, and solid surface fabrication company in '93. This was before they became as plentiful as Starbucks! Along the way we purchased and restored an operational hotel/restaurant, several rental properties, and a fitness center. Quite the combination, but somehow we are making it all work. My daughter should be through college in 8 years.......then maybe we'll FT

If anyone needs countertops.....
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #89

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired 1/2010 but still make enough as a CEO to have play money. Dream job, work maybe one or two hours a month.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #90
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Finally retired in 1999 after being a computer programmer/consultant/small business owner/program manager. Wife finally retired in 2003 as a dental hygenist. Went full time in 2004 for several years. But we're back in a sticks/bricks near the grand kids.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #91

My Wife is a legal assistant for a big law firm in los Angeles. She can retire in three years at 65. I run a Campground-Cafe-Mobilhome RV park in the Angeles national Forest for the last 12 years. I can retire at 62 in two years. But I probaly won't. This is like living a camping trip. (campwilliams.com) We get away locally in the RV. Colorado River, Central California and the Beaches. Have a cabin in Big Bear also. Life is good.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #92

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
. This is like living a camping trip. (campwilliams.com) We get away locally in the RV. Colorado River, Central California and the Beaches. Have a cabin in Big Bear also. Life is good.
Wow...Mark...beautiful park.. You are truly living the dream.. We want to make it back to Cali someday...We are both from there. We will definitely make this a stop...
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #93

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
DW is a special needs teacher in grades 2-4. I managed restaurants for 36 years. I am now an 8th grade math teacher. She'll retire in 3 years, I've got 6 nore before the party!

Dan
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #94

I worked for a fortune 100 company for 24 years before I was downsized. I started an RV service and accessories business, about to reach our 3rd anniversary (I don't recommend starting a business in a recession). It allows me to work in an industry I really love and have passion about, and have time to go camping to boot!
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #95

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
Union electrician for 44 years. Electrical Contractor for the last 26 years. Retired last Nov..

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #96

My wife and I own an automotive garage that specializes in European cars in Houston, TX.
www.bartuning.com

I am 37 we have 2 daughters 9 and 6. I have very good memories of camping with my family
as a youngster. We bought a MH last year and are creating great memories ourselves!

We are planning on traveling to Yosemite this summer from Houston. I will however need to sell a kidney
to pay for the fuel. Every time I think i have enough gas money in the acct the price goes up! Ahhhh!

Mike
Old 03-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #97

I am retired and collect 3 different pensions.
HORRAY NO MORE WORK. Oops, sorry for using that dirty four letter W word.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #98

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wife and I are retired from L-3 Communications. We did aircraft modifications on military and head of state aircraft. She was an electrical installer and I was a systems test engineer, I had the fun job. Also I am a disabled veteran and did very well in the stock market.