Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
What we do for a living ( to pay for our fun)

O.K., I'm just curious at what we all do for a living. You know, where do we work so we can go out and do the things we all like to do like Rv'ing. Since I'm starting this thread I'll go first!
I'm a Frisco ISD school bus driver. Been driving for them for almost four years now. I like (not love cause you can only love your family in my opinion) my job a lot because I get to take my 3yr old daughter w/ me. 2.) I have the best office window and get to see the sunrise almost every morning!! And yes, this is a special needs bus!

My office!!

Lynn & Colette w/ 3 kids 1 dog (Tabatha)
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Atlantic Blue Pearl SLT Mega Cab 5.9L Cummins / 2015 North Trail 28BRS 32' 2015 and North Trail 24BHS 28'
StarGazer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
I am a financialy struggeling self employed vending machine repairman & my wife is a csr @ a collision repair center.

stepside454 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WORK is a four letter word!!! I am retired, happy, and POOR.

In my other life, I was an autoshop owner and mechanic.

dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Forest River Owners Club
I have been retire for so long, I almost forgot what I did for a living... I remember now, I was technical director for a gov't agency....

2001 F250 7.3 Turbo
2004 Wildcat 27RL
slvspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am retired since a few years. My wife is still employed as a high school teacher
2001 Hurricane 29D
2015 Kia Sorento
Kymco Motor Scooter
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
I retired after teaching 29 years of middle school kids but went to work in another district the very next day at an elementary school as a computer/library teacher. After 11 years of that it will all come to an end this June. I've got lots to keep me busy working on my house and motorhome. Hope retirement pay is enough to pay the bills and buy whatever gas is going to be. My wife retired from teaching middle school, too.
1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial
QuietWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was an owner operator (tractor trailer) until I sold the truck and retired, now I have income property and the wife drives bus for the county.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club

I own a injection molding company.
RJ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #9
We started RVing after I retired in '98 (computer programmer) and my wife was at the end of her career (dental assistant). We live off SS, some savings and the rental income from our house.
Joe and Penny
Mischief and Spanky (Shih Tzus)
2013 Crossroads Z-1 29' Travel Trailer
thelastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
retired truck driver/owner operator (haulinhazmat ) wife retired health care went full time in "05" do some Security work part time. We should have retired years and years ago.
haulinhazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #11
I am a retired civil service parasite (FDNY) living on my pension & Social Security. Have downsized & am living in a very reasonable (make that cheap !!) 55+ community & after raising a family can even afford to save $$ for RV 'ing & enjoying life. Never was & never will be wealthy but
"life is good." Happily yours, jodann

PS: after a divorce after 40 yrs. of marriage I reconnected via internet with a girl I was best friends with thru elementary school & high school & we have been together for 7 yrs. now. Thank you, Classmates. com !!!!
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Retire??? Whats that??? I'm on the freedom 98 plan. Still workin as a Senior Project Manager for a disaster company but trying to make time to enjoy the RV we bought last fall. Lots of good times ahead I figure.
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #13
Winnebago Owners Club
My wife and I were both in law enforcement back in the day...we decided to make a career change, so I went into radio and she worked for a university...we are now in "pre-retirement" mode. We are security contractors working from our RV guarding gates for petroleum drilling companies. See the link in my signature to our blog for more info.
"If it aint broke, fix it 'till it is!!"
Follow us on our adventures...we're currently on-site storage facility managers.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
My husband and I own a fundraising and management consulting business for nonprofit organizations, still working full time. We hope to retire in about 4 years and hit the road in our new Outlook.

Janet & Jim and the livestock (1 dog, 3 cats)
Sanford, FL
2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T
Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote