Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would have sat right down. Most people don't realize that most bikers are the nicest people you would meet. I dont ride anymore. DW made me sell my last bike when i had my daughter. I affect compasses when I walk by after all the metal was placed in my body. Only one bad road accident. Others were off road, repelling, racing.... My favorite saying was "Hey.... Watch this". Having a child changed a lot in my life.

But I digress... That was brobably the safest place you could be. No one would mess with you in that theater.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey, at least they had beer and were willing to share...s, what is the problems?

Ken

Old 02-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another good one Wayne, having owned six HD's and still own one I had an idea what was coming and it was funny. Good one.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #18

Wouldn't have bothered me at all. Almost as a rule, the only time you'll have trouble with Bikers is when you go looking for it. In truth, I enjoy being around them swapping stories (and Wayne knows I like that).
Neat show, that.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #19

They're just people like you and me, no preconceived ideas just go with it!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had a 2004 Nomad, big bike, and when I crashed it (not my fault of course) in 2007, it had 64000 miles on it. Did I ride, yes. After recovery, I purchased a 2007 Nomad around the beginning of June. On July 7th I was traveling at 50 mph down the highway and a pickup truck pulled out and broadsided me, then ran. That 840 pound bike pulled his license plate off the front bumper. They caught up with him the next morning when he returned home, sober. He spent 2+ years, of a 4 year sentence, in jail. I wish he had rotted there for not stopping.

Trust me, if you ride with an MC and something happens to you, you are well taken care of. I retired at the request of all my family, and I thank the Lord that I'm still here.

There are two types of riders, those that have gone down, and those that will.

Bikers look bad, but the only time that anyone will have a confrontation is when the non-biker initiates it. There are exceptions, but that is covered under MC-101.

Darn! I wish they had beer in our Theaters! Oops, no I don't. To many don't know how to handle drinking and watching movies, eh?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #21

I'd have stayed. I drove cross country a few years ago by myself, didn't know anything about Sturgis but came thru that area when it was breaking up. Stopped for breakfast one morning, say a bunch of HD's in the parking lot and a group was going in the restaurant ahead of me, imagine my surprise when one of the gentlemen stopped and held the door for me. That group was by far the most polite and courteous group I've ever had the pleasure to interact with.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
I don't get it. It looks like bike week in Sturgis, SD. what's the problem.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #23

I grew up in Bars, honky tonks and just about any other place like that my mother was a singer, partier, and all around crazy woman PLENTY of times a "biker" looking guy would take me over to the pool table and show me how to play or else I would be hanging out behind stage or someplace Mom never worried about my safety with those "biker" guys around they would die to protect me or her and the funny thing is now those biker guys that were watching me are some of the richest guys I know and by rich not only with $$$$ but with kindness, love, and compasion. Bikers are not what you see in the movies although as soon as a situation goes bad and that person is on a motorcycle and wearing leathers it becomes a bad biker got in a fight down at the bar type of a story. Love me some motorcycles street, dirt, whatever I am a rider and I guess you would say a "biker" and will be till the day I die.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not to turn it into religious or political beliefs. It's about bikers, and it was a funny commercial, that's all.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like a good night out with a great group of people to me. Been riding 45 years and plan on 20 more. DWs and my toad in the sig. Camped out in Silver Springs Fl waiting for Bike Week.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd have said to my wife: Dang, it's a party!
Used to be, and still have, many friends that are a lot like those pictured.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I had a 2004 Nomad, big bike, and when I crashed it (not my fault of course) in 2007, it had 64000 miles on it. Did I ride, yes. After recovery, I purchased a 2007 Nomad around the beginning of June. On July 7th I was traveling at 50 mph down the highway and a pickup truck pulled out and broadsided me, then ran. That 840 pound bike pulled his license plate off the front bumper. They caught up with him the next morning when he returned home, sober. He spent 2+ years, of a 4 year sentence, in jail. I wish he had rotted there for not stopping.

Trust me, if you ride with an MC and something happens to you, you are well taken care of. I retired at the request of all my family, and I thank the Lord that I'm still here.

There are two types of riders, those that have gone down, and those that will.

Bikers look bad, but the only time that anyone will have a confrontation is when the non-biker initiates it. There are exceptions, but that is covered under MC-101.

Darn! I wish they had beer in our Theaters! Oops, no I don't. To many don't know how to handle drinking and watching movies, eh?
I remeber when you could get nachos and a beer in the theater. I would drive by a cop and hold up my beer. As long as you were not intoxicated (a couple of beers not a six pack) you were safe. It was leagal to drink and drive, but if you were drunk they threw the book at you. Those were the days...
I laid my bike down a few times but in 1982 I laid it down when a truck came head on into my lane, but I took out the bumper and grill with my body.

Not the best day of my life and is why i was discharged. Long story for another time.

When I remarried in 2004 my DW said it was time to slow down. When we had my daughter she was able to convince me to sell my last bike.

I don't look like a biker, but does it matter. Some of the roughest looking bikers cry like a babby when old yeller dies.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #28

I'll take Bikers at my back anytime. If they like you, you're golden.

rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote