Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #1

What would you do? What could you do?

Let's say you are camping in a state like Colorado and what pulls in next to you but a load of "younger" campers that set up shop by the campfire and fire up themselves blowing weed. The wind is driving it into your camper and you're starting to get a contact high, let alone the odor permeates your rig

Carry it further and say you have a career that requires a drug free lifestyle with unannounced pee bottle testing. The half life of the stuff is many days.
AND, it doesn't matter how you go the positive test, it only matters that it was a positive test to ruin your career.

What about the odor in the rig as you leave Colorado anb get stopped by a LEO?

What choices do you have because weed is legal in Colorado (and many other states).
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #2

I would move to another location.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #3

What drama, for starters if they are in the next campsite you are not going to get any kind of "contact" high. Sorry it doesn't work that way. Also you will not show up positive on a drug test. Your RV is not going to smell like pot, so you can give up on that drama also. Maybe they are offended by your use of alcohol but you don't see them whining about it and making up horror stories. Alcohol is a way more destructive and powerful drug, if I were you I'd be a lot more worried about your neighbors drinking...
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #4

What would you do if it was cigarette smoke...
Shmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #5

'Contact high' from next campsite........

I would have less of an issue with smoke from a 'joint' then someones smokey campfire.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #6

We should all smoke. Makes for a happier camping experience
Homeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If I were that worried about a situation like that I would probably stay home. There are all kinds out there and when your are RVing you will meet a few.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Move, complain probably not!! Close the windows and turn on the AC or heater...
Old 09-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Cliffy- It's unlikely any of your scenario would happen, we have had crew that tested positive after attending a concert (enclosed area) but a more detailed lab test was able to confirm "incidental contact".
There are times when moving to another site is a good option. Luckily I had not had to exercise that option in 35 years RVing.

Bet you didn't think you would accused of being an alcoholic drama queen and heavy smoker just by asking a question.. wow!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #10

I am not sure about it being just the younger crowd, I was in Wyoming for the big solar eclipse last month and at the place we were set up in the moments leading up to totality a certain distinct scent that I associate with rock concerts of 30-40 years ago wafted by.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #11

Well I guess I touched a nerve.
And, I don't even drink (by choice) but don't care if others do.

I understand that many may never have had to worry too much about "drugs" in their line of work but when it involves Federal issues with employment and moral character and integrity is a condition of employment it takes on another dimension entirely.
Interesting about the further testing. Unfortunately we didn't have that opportunity in my line of work. That was not an option. If you were hot on the test you were guilty, period, end of conversation.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:32 AM   #12

You could report them if it is bothering you that much, POT is NOT legal to smoke in public, on national lands..etc. Only in your own home in Colorado.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #13

I would have to be there, and decide for myself what to do. I'm not opposed to moving, if I decide they might make be angry.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How about this? Three weeks after 911 we were camped with relatives in a nice wooded setting with a campfire. Next to us through the woods were a group of Hispanics, (I think), that were laughing about 911 and that not enough Gringos had died. They were loud and used a lot of profanity.

I believe in free speech but it offended me a bit.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote