Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: What would you guys/girls do ??
Yes, take the high road, be the nice guy and continue to clear his driveway. 17 80.95%
No, you can't be treated like that and have every right to stop using your snowblower on his driveway. 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #15
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Grab a couple of cold beers or a bottle of scotch and knock on his door. I would start off with a greeting to let him know you miss the conversations and want to take an opportunity to catchup.

Just my .02

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #16
edj

The best thing to do is go over and ask him to snowblow out your driveway because you are going to Florida for the Winter.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Always take the high road. In the end, he who dies without regrets is the winner.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #18

You just never know. Our family has a saying: "movies in your head". Meaning, it's amazing where your mind will take you trying to
figure something out, whether that is someone's behavior or whatever events are unfolding before you. You are writing the screenplay and editing
the movie in your head as you go. That "movie in your head" can take you in all directions and many times not even close to what is actually occurring. Save yourself a lot of mental anguish and continue to be the good neighbor that you know you are. Movies in your head, coming to a situation in your life soon. Don't forget the popcorn!
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 AM   #19

I agree with the majority. Next time you see him simply ask him if everything is OK.
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I recall the joke about the senior citizen who's wife was nagging him something fierce.. He was just sitting there letting her go on and on and on and on and on.. Well there was a 3rd party in the room who said something to him.. He put his hand to his ear, did something and said: "Could you repeat that, i had my hearing aid off"

It may be he just flat did not hear you.. Lots of 60 year olds who spent too much time listening to rock and roll bands at 100+ db when kids don't hear so good now days.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #21

Maybe he thinks he offended you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
I am usually the one who initiates our conversation. (And back when we were talking, we'd have 30 minutes-1 hour long conversations. Yes, he LOVES to yap, and takes the majority of the time and subject matter). But lately, I vowed to myself, "Screw it. Let HIM say something first for once."

But has he ever ? Not once, this summer.
Maybe he thinks he offended you with the crack about property values and that is why you stopped talking to him.

Based on what you said he sounds shy since he loves to talk but doesn't initiate the conversation. He may also be lonely and worry that he is boring you or talking your ear off when you want to be doing something else like working on your yard or motorhome. He may have had a family member or friend tell him he talks too much. You just never know.

If he is friendly to talk to and you enjoy the company then go ahead and be the initiator. There are way worse neighbors out there so you should count yourself very lucky.

Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote