Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #127

avalancheMM, Either I didn't search right or it's not in this thread. Someone else posted that they had seen almost the exact same thing happen to a tent trailer in a camp ground. Pillows, blankets and mattress flying out, along with the naked couple. I don't remember if kids were involved, but the couple exceeded the weight rating of the support bar.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #128

It was friends who witnessed it, and I foolishly took their word for it that they were telling the truth. Yikes! My apologies, another 'urban myth' that got spread around as somebody's personal experience. I guess that's how it starts, huh? You believe somebody, and retell the tale, only to find out the story wasn't theirs to tell. Sorry fellow forumites, now I get to call my friends on thier experience.

Regards

Old 07-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #129

Still a funny story
Old 07-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #130
doc

Appalachian Campers
Didn't have to do with any hanky panky, but I was helping my daughter and her husband set up a TT. He said it was level (mistake) It was level side to side and the stabilizers were down, but strangely enough, gravity still works with all that going on. When the tongue came off the ball, the trailer apparently decided it wanted to relocate further toward the lake . I grabbed the tougue, he grabbed the tongue and my daugher quickly was able to jam a rock behind a tire and stop the escape. Only moved a couple or three feet, but it seemed like half a mile.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #131

Not rv related but still funny. A scooter with a mule deer rack on the headlamp went by me the other day. I wish I could have snapped a picture.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #132
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
avalancheMM, Either I didn't search right or it's not in this thread. Someone else posted that they had seen almost the exact same thing happen to a tent trailer in a camp ground. Pillows, blankets and mattress flying out, along with the naked couple. I don't remember if kids were involved, but the couple exceeded the weight rating of the support bar.
Maybe at the same CG.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #133

Goat on a fallen tree

Just returned from a trip to the NE. Stopped in Staunton, VA to visit the Statler Bros' museum and old school just to find out both are shut down since they retired. When leaving Staunton I took a wrong turn and realized this about 5 miles out of town. Still frustrated that I couldn't share the museum I had seen 20 years ago with my family when heading back to Stauton I saw a goat standing on a fallen tree from recent storms. Turned around to take the goat's photo just so we'd have a memory of our visit to Staunton. Goat 1 - Statler Bros' 0!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #134

avalancheMM, didn't mean to make it sound like you were making it up. No apologizes necessary. Maybe your friend posted it or was in the same CG as whoever did post it.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #135

National RV Owners Club
When I was in Saudi Arabia before Desert Shield became Desert Storm it seemed there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't see a Toyota truck going down the road with a camel in the back of it. About as common as seeing horse trailers here in Nevada. Ate some while I was there. Not bad.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #136

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
gotta get 'em to market somehow. if they ride them there, then they are stuck without a ride home!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #137

Many years a go in cedarhill state pk in Texas we took out our pontoon , coming back late , me, DW,DD, DS were on the pontoon heading to the dock , late a night.
A guy in a charger bass boat , brand new was coming out and said" watch for the truck and trailer under water.

Wrecker shows up and pulls truck out with trailer still attached , but upside down . They drag it up the ramp to. Level ground . They flip the whole truck and trailer. At one time ,

They look it over and a man with a hammer starts besting on the truck , all over it

We finally here he lost his truck and boat in divorce to his wife and her boy friend .

That was something to see
Old 07-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #138

In the little dunes of glamis I saw a truck stuck as it was trying to get up a hill. I was in my dads buggy (didn't have mine yet) with a nice beefy buick engine. I went over and offered to help pull him out. Well of course the guys didn't want some girl showing them up so they declined. I went a couple of dunes over & watched the show as they hooked up to another truck and tried to pull the truck up the hill instead of letting gravity help & pulling it down. It was very entertaining. I could have had them out in 5-10 minutes where they were at it for 35+.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #139

Fleetwood Owners Club
Stinky Slinky Tail

Came up behind a rig on the highway yesterday, and the stinky slinky was dragging out behind the unit, must of came out of the bumper storage. I pulled up beside him and finally got his attention and he stopped and stuffed it back in.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #140

one of the strangest thing I saw today was a Sherpard

I was driving down a country road yesterday and saw a man about 07am walking on the shoulder of the road. He wore a long white robe with a rope around the waist. He had a very long white bear and sunglasses. He wore a big rimmed straw hat and had a staff ( cane ) in his hand.It wa at least 6' in length. on the top was a big carved cross...Hmmm i think I saw St Joseph...hmmm I better wipw my eyes.. I wish I had my camera ready..but I was in a hurry that day..............John