Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #141
Member
 
Startech's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scouting for fun
Posts: 97
While in thc CG, I step outside with my coffee this morning. There is 2 couples out for a walk and when they walked by this class C, the very loud horn blows and the 2 ladies must of jumped 2 feet! Its locked up and looks like nobody is home. About 20 minutes later, a lady is walking by and the horn honks again, making her spin around in surprise. This happens a couple of more times, so I go over to make sure everything is alright. And there in the drivers seat is the cutest little dog honking at me as he barked!
__________________

__________________
Greg-Full time since 2/2011
2004 Country Coach Inspire 360 with a 14,000 lb car hauler for the Jeep
Startech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #142
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 7,266
Sena, my capuchin monkey, likes to stand on the steering wheel when greeting passing walkers. She is heavy enough to activate the horn and will jump up and down if they happen to be walking a dog. Needless to say she doesn't go unnoticed.

I now place a box over the steering wheel in order to help preserve the peace.
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #143
Senior Member
 
MRBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena, my capuchin monkey, likes to stand on the steering wheel when greeting passing walkers. She is heavy enough to activate the horn and will jump up and down if they happen to be walking a dog. Needless to say she doesn't go unnoticed.

I now place a box over the steering wheel in order to help preserve the peace.
I might quit drinking for the night if I saw a monkey jumping up and down blowing the horn at me!
__________________
Bill & Linda. If it doesn't move and should, WD-40 it. If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape it. F-350 dually, 40' Sunnybrook Titan toy hauler and custom Harley
MRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #144
Senior Member
 
kat_nda_sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 813
__________________
Never criticize a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes... then you're a mile away & you've got their shoes!
Katina, Dave & kiddos ~ '97 Thor Residency 35'
kat_nda_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #145
Member
 
Mamadubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Genoa City, WI
Posts: 36
My hubby saw a motorcycle pulling what looked like a canoe down our street today. I didn't believe him till a couple hours later when I saw it going the other way. It was actually towing a kayak but still, it was a funny sight!
__________________
Dreaming of a Class C. Short list: 2009 Winnebago Outlook 30D; 2012 Winnebago Aspect 28B; 2012 Coachmen Concord 301SS
Mamadubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
gray ghost's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harper, Texas
Posts: 274
I had a friend that trailered a V Star 650 motorcycle from North Carolina to Georgia. His tow vehicle was a Gold Wing. He did tell me that he got lots of looks.
__________________
Cliff Fargason
US Army (ret)
2012 Fleetwood Bounder
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mcdonough, Ga.
Posts: 4,383
Back in the seventies. there was a story in a camping magazine about a man and his wife who had a Slide in camper and pickup truck. They lived in California and were weekending in Nevada. They started back late and he said to her, you don't work and I have to go to work in the mourning' so you drive back and I will get some sleep in the camper. He climbed in and she got behind the wheel and off they go. At three in the mourning he wakes up and the truck is stopped. He looks out the window and sees they are in the middle of nowhere and she is just sitting there. He jumps out of bed in his tighty whities and goes out the door to find out what is wrong. Just as he clears the door, she takes off. He looks up and there is a traffic light. A state patrolman comes along and stops. (of course) The patrolman radios ahead and they find the lady in about an hour and she comes back and gets the errant husband.
__________________
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
32 years mechanic at Delta Air Lines 15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Back in the seventies. there was a story in a camping magazine about a man and his wife who had a Slide in camper and pickup truck. They lived in California and were weekending in Nevada. They started back late and he said to her, you don't work and I have to go to work in the mourning' so you drive back and I will get some sleep in the camper. He climbed in and she got behind the wheel and off they go. At three in the mourning he wakes up and the truck is stopped. He looks out the window and sees they are in the middle of nowhere and she is just sitting there. He jumps out of bed in his tighty whities and goes out the door to find out what is wrong. Just as he clears the door, she takes off. He looks up and there is a traffic light. A state patrolman comes along and stops. (of course) The patrolman radios ahead and they find the lady in about an hour and she comes back and gets the errant husband.
This is just another variant of a tired, old urban legend.
__________________
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #149
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mcdonough, Ga.
Posts: 4,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
This is just another variant of a tired, old urban legend.
Could be. But I read about it in Trailer Life magaine.
__________________
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
32 years mechanic at Delta Air Lines 15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #150
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Could be. But I read about it in Trailer Life magaine.
So?
__________________

__________________
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.