Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #141

Solo Rvers Club
While in thc CG, I step outside with my coffee this morning. There is 2 couples out for a walk and when they walked by this class C, the very loud horn blows and the 2 ladies must of jumped 2 feet! Its locked up and looks like nobody is home. About 20 minutes later, a lady is walking by and the horn honks again, making her spin around in surprise. This happens a couple of more times, so I go over to make sure everything is alright. And there in the drivers seat is the cutest little dog honking at me as he barked!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #142

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sena, my capuchin monkey, likes to stand on the steering wheel when greeting passing walkers. She is heavy enough to activate the horn and will jump up and down if they happen to be walking a dog. Needless to say she doesn't go unnoticed.

I now place a box over the steering wheel in order to help preserve the peace.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena, my capuchin monkey, likes to stand on the steering wheel when greeting passing walkers. She is heavy enough to activate the horn and will jump up and down if they happen to be walking a dog. Needless to say she doesn't go unnoticed.

I now place a box over the steering wheel in order to help preserve the peace.
I might quit drinking for the night if I saw a monkey jumping up and down blowing the horn at me!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #144

Old 07-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #145

My hubby saw a motorcycle pulling what looked like a canoe down our street today. I didn't believe him till a couple hours later when I saw it going the other way. It was actually towing a kayak but still, it was a funny sight!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #146

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a friend that trailered a V Star 650 motorcycle from North Carolina to Georgia. His tow vehicle was a Gold Wing. He did tell me that he got lots of looks.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #147

Ford Super Duty Owner
Back in the seventies. there was a story in a camping magazine about a man and his wife who had a Slide in camper and pickup truck. They lived in California and were weekending in Nevada. They started back late and he said to her, you don't work and I have to go to work in the mourning' so you drive back and I will get some sleep in the camper. He climbed in and she got behind the wheel and off they go. At three in the mourning he wakes up and the truck is stopped. He looks out the window and sees they are in the middle of nowhere and she is just sitting there. He jumps out of bed in his tighty whities and goes out the door to find out what is wrong. Just as he clears the door, she takes off. He looks up and there is a traffic light. A state patrolman comes along and stops. (of course) The patrolman radios ahead and they find the lady in about an hour and she comes back and gets the errant husband.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #148

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Back in the seventies. there was a story in a camping magazine about a man and his wife who had a Slide in camper and pickup truck. They lived in California and were weekending in Nevada. They started back late and he said to her, you don't work and I have to go to work in the mourning' so you drive back and I will get some sleep in the camper. He climbed in and she got behind the wheel and off they go. At three in the mourning he wakes up and the truck is stopped. He looks out the window and sees they are in the middle of nowhere and she is just sitting there. He jumps out of bed in his tighty whities and goes out the door to find out what is wrong. Just as he clears the door, she takes off. He looks up and there is a traffic light. A state patrolman comes along and stops. (of course) The patrolman radios ahead and they find the lady in about an hour and she comes back and gets the errant husband.
This is just another variant of a tired, old urban legend.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #149

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
This is just another variant of a tired, old urban legend.
Could be. But I read about it in Trailer Life magaine.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #150

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Could be. But I read about it in Trailer Life magaine.
So?
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote