Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #57

Funny for today:Working with crazy glue,wiped everything with a paper towel and laid the paper towel down.Finised cleaning up and putting things away.(not funny yet)Wait enter the same guy that laid the paper towel down with glue on it(me)looked clean so I proceeded to clean my glasses with the paper towel.F.Y.I. Crazy glue does not come off glasses and they are very hard to see out of when cleaned with crazy glue.Moral ,is do not have crazy glue any where near your glasses.$537 later you can have a pair of the latest style glasses and latest in lenses.Laugh at yourself,it just cost me the money for my laugh at myself,may you all never do the same.jeffp new member in florida.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #58

If you still have the glasses, try getting the glue off with acetone. If the lenses are like mine, acetone will not damage them, but it will cut the glue.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #59

Tried acetone,paint remover ,alchoholl ,none worked new ones ordered and will remember the lesson,they say you never live long enough to make them all yourself.At my age I am still trying,the lady at the eye glass place said when asked about crazy glue they tell everyone to keep it away from glasses.Thank-you for the suggestion and have a great day.jeffp the old fella with new titanium frames with new lite weight thin glamorous glasses.Oh and an understanding patient wife.jeffp
Old 06-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #60

39dollarglasses.com Bendable Titaniums about $139 progressives.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #61

Thank-you Perry,but I have ordered the expensive kind already.jeffp
Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #62

We were in Lake Havasu, Arizona a few years ago. This was my first experience with dogs in strollers. Seems its becoming the norm now. I'll just go on record and let everyone know that dogs come equipped with 4 legs for walking....just sayin'.

Anywho....there was a woman with 5 Chihauhua's in a dog stroller/buggy. All of them had clothes on, pierced ears and sunglasses. I saw her at other events during the week and each time I saw her, the dogs were dressed in different outfits. Turns out someone talked to her and she told them she has an entire closet filled with dog clothes. Good grief....find this woman a life!
Trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffp View Post
Funny for today:Working with crazy glue,wiped everything with a paper towel and laid the paper towel down.Finised cleaning up and putting things away.(not funny yet)Wait enter the same guy that laid the paper towel down with glue on it(me)looked clean so I proceeded to clean my glasses with the paper towel.F.Y.I. Crazy glue does not come off glasses and they are very hard to see out of when cleaned with crazy glue.Moral ,is do not have crazy glue any where near your glasses.$537 later you can have a pair of the latest style glasses and latest in lenses.Laugh at yourself,it just cost me the money for my laugh at myself,may you all never do the same.jeffp new member in florida.

Looks like you will fit right in with this bunch, welcome (hope you can read this)
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #64

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
[/B]
Looks like you will fit right in with this bunch, welcome (hope you can read this)

By the way, Zenni Optical will make you glasses for $6 single vision, basic lenses. They can make anything, sunglasses, progressives, etc., and have some really nice frames for an upcharge. I have about 10 pairs. I keep a pair everywhere so I don't have to go looking for them. It's tough to find your glasses when you can't see em.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinator View Post
We were in Lake Havasu, Arizona a few years ago. This was my first experience with dogs in strollers. Seems its becoming the norm now. I'll just go on record and let everyone know that dogs come equipped with 4 legs for walking....just sayin'.

Anywho....there was a woman with 5 Chihauhua's in a dog stroller/buggy. All of them had clothes on, pierced ears and sunglasses. I saw her at other events during the week and each time I saw her, the dogs were dressed in different outfits. Turns out someone talked to her and she told them she has an entire closet filled with dog clothes. Good grief....find this woman a life!
Jay Leno would just love this woman.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #66

We just got my daughter some free glasses from coastal.com. We just had to pay for shipping & a lens upgrade. I think it was like $20 total.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
I and a neighbor had motorcycles and we would travel all over the country. He took great pleasure in having his bike all packed up and ready to go in the morning while I was still getting mine packed. He would take great pleasure in saying "will you be ready soon Mr. d**k around". It never really bothered me and I would just smile and take my time. This went on for years.

After I had a motorcycle accident, I had bought a motorhome. He had a motorhome for a couple years by that time. We were down in Florida at a KOA with narrow lots. He had backed into his lot and when he cleared the tree he put out his awning. When we were getting ready to leave (he was already packed and ready) he mentioned his ole favorite to me (see above). He started to pull his coach out and..........................

Crunchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. He forgot to pull in his awning in. What a mess............. To top it all off he had gone to do other things while he had left the hose running to his black tank flush and had some funny stuff was coming up from the shower drain. It gets better..........
He got the awning replaced and took the coach to his storage lot. Got the coach pulled out of the parking slot, put the awning out, scrubbed the carpet and floor (as a result of leaving the hose to the black tank flush tank running tooo long). He then backed the coach into the parking slot and................................... CRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNCH. He forgot to retract the awning....again.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
Not latley, in fact, it was back in May of 2010, I saw the strangest thing ever!
I was at a gas station, filling my tank, when I noticed this RV, heading toward the intersection, at a high rate of speed. I wondered if he could stop in time or if he would blast right through the intersection. Well, he slammed on brakes and was able to come to a complete stop. However, the toad, he was pulling slammed into the back of the RV, hitting it on a high, 30* to 45* angle, with the front wheels and all, perched up on the back of the RV. When he pulled away the toad slammed back down, hard. Then I saw that he had mounted a spare (tire only, no rim), on the back, to cushion the blow. I was too far away, to see if there was any damage or not. I was flabbergasted!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #69

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinator View Post

It's her life. As long as she isn't hurting anyone or the dogs, let her do what she wants with it.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post

By the way, Zenni Optical will make you glasses for $6 single vision, basic lenses. They can make anything, sunglasses, progressives, etc., and have some really nice frames for an upcharge. I have about 10 pairs. I keep a pair everywhere so I don't have to go looking for them. It's tough to find your glasses when you can't see em.
Thanks Ramblin, GREAT site.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote