Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2019, 01:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Well, a little more information. The computers in the surgeons exam room were there so they could show videos of procedures that would be done.

Old-Biscuit, that made me smile and that is a lot like me! When my straight laced surgeon came into the hospital room the day of the operation, she asked me if I had any last minute questions. I said yes, "Did you at least Google this procedure before you came in here?". Without batting a eye she said "why yes I did, and I even stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night". Then she added "say goodnight Gracie" and that was the last thing I remember till I woke up later.

I know it looks like a lot of people are disrespectful. But I think we just look at and remember the bad people. I felt honored to be involved for many years in the scouting programs (both boy and girl scouts), church youth groups, 4H, FFA , science fair events, giving talks at schools trying to impress on the younger generation the importance of math and science in their studies. I came away with the knowledge that this world's future is in good hands with many many of our youth. Even when the parents were people I wanted to strangle, the kids seemed to be OK....at least for a while. I can remember my grandfather saying in his heavy Central European accent "tis tis, whata is this young generation coming to? Look at all that long hair. Disgusting! They will never amount to anything good". He was looking at me!

But when I see adult activities that are disgusting, I am still shocked, and saddened. What saddens me even more is the kids are watching them act that way, and after a while they think it is normal.
People have always complained about the young people...we were so much better, worked much harder and had better manners, yada yada yada...

I can still hear my elders worrying about what would become of us kids!!! I've learned that the reason we have children we think aren't worth a plug nickel is because of US...we raised these children and they are just doing what we taught them to.

Now most of us do try to raise our children to be responsible adults and contributing good citizens...and I'll admit our two girls turned out so well was only through the grace of God...Rant over...

Some of your ideas of how to entertain yourselves in the exam room while waiting sound mighty interesting...have to remember them
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #30
tcg

I forgot, I've also been know to use my phone to change channels or volume on waiting room tvs. Haven't been able to do it in a couple years because ir has slowly been disappearing from phones.

Most tvs in waiting rooms can be controlled by buttons or a mini joystick on the back. I will Google the model to find out how to change channels or volume without a remote. I'm not watching morning or afternoon talk tv when there's usually a perfectly good Andy Griffith rerun on in most hospitals.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:38 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
So many people behave as if rules are meant for others, not them.

To avoid finger-pointing, "so many people" appears to apply across all demographics - truly nondiscriminatory.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #32

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2Driver View Post
So many people behave as if rules are meant for others, not them.

To avoid finger-pointing, "so many people" appears to apply across all demographics - truly nondiscriminatory.
Oh so politically correct, but is anyone but me sick of having to be PC?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #33

I was tired of it when it first started. Knew no good would come from it!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #34

A lot depends on your interpretation, and the other persons interpretation of what politically correct means. According to Merriam-Webster the Definition of politically correct is " conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated". That's not too bad, is it?

But then... in my past life we were instructed to call "Man Holes" "Personnel Access Chambers" to keep from offending anyone. Then we were instructed to drop the word "Personnel" and just call them "Access Chambers" since we were using remote controlled cameras to inspect sewer pipes instead of shimmy through them on our belly!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
i dont mess with the computers, but if i am waiting long, i tend to re-arrange the cabinets.
or turn the gloves in the boxes around so the opening is agaisnt the wall in the holder.
just little things to see if they are aware
Another good idea, Thank You.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

You don't have to be PC - you could be a MAC! /lol, etc

I don't have any issue with trying to not offend others.

History has a way of showing us that the old ways were not necessarily the best when it comes to interacting with others who are not exactly like ourselves. Various pejorative and slang terms for folks of other races, religions, ancestral origins, etc turned out to be offensive to those persons - and if we claim "we didn't know" it's probably because we weren't paying attention or didn't have a reason to care about the impressions we were leaving (the privilege of being in a majority of some kind).

As for "sir" or "ma'am", I use those terms instead of words like "buddy" or "sweetheart", that convey a level of familiarity that doesn't exist, and I don't have to remember names!

Good luck and safe travels always!
Old 03-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #37

I work in an ER in NC and our computers auto lock for this exact reason and we are very careful to never leave anything open to where people can snoop. HIPPA / privacy is a very big deal these days. But people still ask us for the passwords. And we even have free wi-fi for patients to use with phones and tablets. Yet they still try to our access our patient computers to surf and snoop.
Gene Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #38

Entitlement. That is the key. People think because they are alive they are entitled to everything they see. Then you have just plain old lack of respect. So many people complain they are disrespected but won't give respect. Just like judge Judy I've seen so many people come in there and be totally disrespectful. You don't have to like a judge but you should respect the position.
Badbrad1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #39

Quote:
I was at my surgeon's office today getting my stitches removed from my hand and receiving directions on how to recover best from the surgery. As she was pulling the stitches out I was reading the signs on the walls trying to look anywhere but my hand!

I saw one sign that indicated "Do Not Touch This Computer" and I commented "that sign makes me want to just reach out and touch the computer as I leave here". She said "Oh, you wouldn't believe the number of people who will try and get the internet up and surf sites that will make a sailor blush!" Then she added "When we locked the computer, we had patients walk out into the nursing station and ask for the password!". She also said ". We had adults spill drinks on the keyboard and even worse things".

I must be the odd man out, because I would never touch anyone's computer without their permission. What makes people do this kind of invasion of privacy?

Hijacked. This is a RV Newsltter isn’t it? Sarcasm
Kbwahl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #40

Too much PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Pretty Certain that I'm

Probably Correct in stating that being
Politically Correct when making
Personal Comments on a

Public Channel for general
Public Consumption where
People Comment on any

Particular Concerns is
Potentially Contentious and
Possibly Controversial.

trayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #41

Wow did you hit the nail square on the head about entitlement. Patients come thru my Er feeling entitles to free care, free pregnancy test, free STD tests, refills on their pain pills they “lost or had stolen” and heaven forbid we say No. off the the carpeted wing they go complaining they didnt get what they wanted and felt entitled to even though there is no medical justifications, etc
Entitled generation is spot on here!
Gene Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
I was at my surgeon's office today getting my stitches removed from my hand and receiving directions on how to recover best from the surgery. As she was pulling the stitches out I was reading the signs on the walls trying to look anywhere but my hand!

I saw one sign that indicated "Do Not Touch This Computer" and I commented "that sign makes me want to just reach out and touch the computer as I leave here". She said "Oh, you wouldn't believe the number of people who will try and get the internet up and surf sites that will make a sailor blush!" Then she added "When we locked the computer, we had patients walk out into the nursing station and ask for the password!". She also said ". We had adults spill drinks on the keyboard and even worse things".

I must be the odd man out, because I would never touch anyone's computer without their permission. What makes people do this kind of invasion of privacy?

It's a nurtured environment of entitlement. No one else is important. No one matters but that person and what that person wants.

Welcome to the new America.
BirdsGo2 is offline   Reply With Quote