Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2018, 05:18 AM   #43

Ahhh, come on, leave your second class category people alone!!

Posters come in 2 categories also. Those who complain all the time about something and those who don't ever complain!!

So what if someone mumbles and walks by you. You might smell and they are avoiding you as quick as they can get by ya JOKE!!!

Leave people the heck alone. Judge judge judge and complain complain complain.
Whirrlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #44

What I really loved someone talks us to talk our dog, we say Hi and they dont :-)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #45

I've actually improved a lot through "enforced interaction" during my Navy time. I can fake being interested in a conversation long enough to come up with a valid reason to break it off. I have to get to know you and determine your ability to handle my rather dry and somewhat twisted sense of humor before I can draw you in... however, there's a speed lane to my "fun side" and that's a love for animals.
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #46

Totally understand that folks that aren't friendly aren't going to be friendly...that's life. As I said in the beginning... I'm just venting! When someone speaks directly to you, you can at least acknowledge that you heard them...that's all...nothing more !

Also, I don't buy the foreign language excuse. If you live in the US I gotta believe that most foreigners know the word "hi".

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #47

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Used to have a co-worker if you said "Good Morning" her response was :What's good about it" in the tone of voice that guaranteed you never said Good Morning to her ever again.

Thankfully she quit. I got the call from teh FBI when she applied to work with them (not qualified) I hope my tone of voice was enough to reject her as I transferred the call to the person who was authorized to answer the caller's questions.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #48

I notice it not even with just campers but with everyone. I have lived where I live now for 3 years and wave to my neighbors when I see them and only one of them ever wave back. I just bought a house and have been moving in and ill wave to ppl when im out mowing my yard and that kind of thing and am amazed at how many people just look and keep going. different times i suppose.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Used to have a co-worker if you said "Good Morning" her response was :What's good about it" in the tone of voice that guaranteed you never said Good Morning to her ever again.
Dang, she must have had a brother that worked in our company except he added some adjectives in there

Unfortunately, you have to be careful with that as I had one of type 3 actually stick his head in my storage box with me to pull something out took me days to get over my mistake as hints didn't work...
Old 05-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Dang, she must have had a brother that worked in our company except he added some adjectives in there

Unfortunately, you have to be careful with that as I had one of type 3 actually stick his head in my storage box with me to pull something out took me days to get over my mistake as hints didn't work...
I hear ya...can't change unhappy angry people...not trying to! AGAIN...JUST VENTING!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I did not read all the posts here, so bare with me if I missed it.

After living with someone who is deaf, there are times when I see people get ruffled feathers because she did not respond. It was not because she was being rude, it was because she cannot hear you.

So, make sure that is in your thoughts when someone does not respond to your friendly hello.

//KMac
kmac7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Really just venting here

People seem to fall into 2 general categories in my simple mind...

First, your outside just doing your thing, someone walks by, you say hello and they say hello and exchange a couple/few words about the weather, nice day, or whatever...sometimes even striking up a brief friendly conversation.

Second, your outside just doing your thing, someone walks by, you say hello and they ignore you totally, possibly grunt a no eye contact hi, and keep on going without so much as a simple common courtesy gesture of any kind. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT asking them in for a beer, a date, or a loan, or anything else...just trying to be nice.

Summary...I guess there are many campers out there that are, or are very close to being downright rude!

Ok...I feel better now! Wait...NO I don't!
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhudson View Post
Some of us are just introverts and can’t really help it🤪. Always have been. 63 now and probably always will be at this point.

Exactly. I'm not a socializer and that's the way I like it.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:40 PM   #54

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
interesting

Very interesting thread. We are often ignore when greeting fellow campers. But since we are African Americans it is what we are used too. So they have their reason. I wouldn't worry about it. Just speak to the next one and enjoy your time at the camp.
burton822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
I’d probably be more social if there weren’t so many people that would just keep telling me about themselves even if I fell over dead right in front of them.

If there were quizzes after these sorts of encounters, I could answer most of the 25 questions about them .... and they couldn’t answer more than one or two about me.

So I typically just politely act as though I don’t see them. Easier to perhaps flunk the quiz than waste the time learning the material.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #56

Maybe they're pissed you didn't offer them a pancake or waffle ???
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote