Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #155
Tiffin Owners Club

Debbie and I (Warren) will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in August, 2007. She hails from St. Joseph, Missouri (she went to Central High School in St. Joseph, Missouri), I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana (I went to Shawnee Mission West High School in Overland Park, Kansas).

Since being married WAY back in 1967 (she was 17, I was 19 - we eloped!), we have lived in Missouri, Guam, California, Illinois, California again, Missouri again, Iowa, Illinois again, Minnesota, Missouri yet again, Texas, Illinois yet again, Texas again.

In those forty years, I spent 4 years in the Navy and more than 30 years railroading (Burlington Northern). Within those years I earned a Business Degree from Missouri Western State University (1978). Debbie worked for years as the World's Best Mom to our two sons (Wayne, circa 1971; Wade, circa 1974). She spent most of the rest of the time taking great care of me (I'm so lucky!) I retired four years ago at the age of 55 and we made a voluntary move (first one of those in YEARS!) to Texas. Our corporate gypsy days are over

We live in Plano, Texas, where our youngest son and his family live. Our eldest son and his family live in Shawnee, Kansas. Each of our sons has a daughter and a son, so Debbie and I have four wonderful grandkids! Debbie and I spend our time enjoying our grandkids, enjoying our kids, enjoying each other and enjoying travel in our motor home --- our very first RV.

Life is grand! Hope yours is as well.

Warren and Debbie
2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #156
Monaco Owners Club
My wife, Lori and I (Gordon) bought a pop-up camper around 1987 and gradually worked up through trailers to 5er and now a new Class "A".

Our 3 daughters were raised camping on weekends and vacations.

I retired from the Coast Guard as a Chief Petty Officer in 98 after 24.5 years and have been Deputy Sheriff in Oregon since. Wife works for the local small animal shelter processing dog licenses and paperwork for adoptions.

Our 3 daughters are all grown. Oldest daughter and our Son-in-Law are expecting our first grandchild any day now. Middle daughter is now an E-6 in the Coast Guard. Youngest is an Assistant Manager at a local Petco store. Very proud of all of them.

The kids have always said that camping was some of the most memorable and fun times they can remember. We hope to carry on that tradition and so do the children.

Retired Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer - DW is the REAL Boss
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #157
Howdy, Neighbor.

Oregon resident too. Nice rig, by the way.

See Ya down the road.
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Crew Cab, Banks Power
MADDOG` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #158
Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MADDOG`:
Howdy, Neighbor.

Oregon resident too. Nice rig, by the way.

See Ya down the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to meet you Maddog!
Retired Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer - DW is the REAL Boss
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #159
I just noticed...you are in Hillsboro, too!

Small world, ain't it...
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Crew Cab, Banks Power
MADDOG` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #160
I'm Jeff, a retired airline pilot. I worked for the airline that had a really big eagle on the tail for 32+ years, took a early retirement in 2004. The last 14 years I worked were spent flying to various cities in Europe and the Carribbean from Chicago, first on the B-767, then on the B-777. My wife Inge still works part time for Kohl's, just to keep busy.
2007 Travel Supreme Envoy 40DS04
Shanwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #161
I'm Richard the wife is Sheila I am an Electronic tech for the US Postal Service, I repair the automated sorting machines after your mail gets jammed in it and I have to rip it out, lol. Sheila is a manager for the Dept of Disabilities. We just purchased our first MH in june of last year and have been out in it once so far, but have three trips planned already for this year. Just trying to get the hang of camping because retirement is coming up within a couple of years. Doing short trips this year, and planning a western trip for next year. Wife was skeptical at first but is starting to get the hang of camping. Hope to see ya down the road.
Richard & Sheila

Neko & Nilla
rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #162
I'm Mark. I work for the US Army Reserve as a full time civilian with an engineer unit. I am a reservist with the unit and served a tour in Iraq.

My wife Rhonda retired from active duty three and half years ago at the rank of Chief Warrant Officer 2. She's enjoying being at home a raising her daughter, last of three children.

My wife has been a camper all her life with her family. Started in tents and worked up to 5'ers. I did some tent camping with my brother growing up. We started camping in 2000. One year in tents and then we purchased a Coleman Utah. We loved that unit, but tired of taking it down in the rain. Happened at least twice a year for the five years we owned it. We were actually looking for a 5'er to replace the popup when found the Hurricane.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road.
Mark and Rhondalynn Stramella
2011 Montana 3585 SA
2006 F-350, DRW
Marker365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #163
New to iRV2, actually searching for info on the minnie winnie, we discovered a roof leak in our 2003 minnie.
Is the infracture of the minnie wood or metal, concern is the water causing rot.

We are married 53 years, live in Delaware for the second time, originally PA, to Il, to PA, to DE, to CT, to MD, to DE. Retired I.S. Analyst from Gen. Fds. Only have the minnie 15 months and only used it 3 times, busy, and moved to new house, time consuming.

Forgot to mention, we're Bill and Lois in Delaware.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #164
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
BillA, welcome to iRV2. We had a 1999 Minnie Winnie and I did find the front clearance lights leaked. I pulled them, remounted and sealed properly and did not have any more problems.

You may want to post your concerns over in the Winnebago Owners Forum for more exposure to like owners.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #165
Winnebago Owners Club
Dug this up

looking/searching P32 info ....

Jack , retired Navy GMCS ( E-8 ) , retired in 94 after 21.5 yrs ..
started in hunting camps as a kid and after all these years of owning evryhting from sleeping bags to big fivers , and a couple pop ups for the Harleys , finally "graduated" to a Class A last month ..'98 SunCruiser with 27000 miles on it , like new , few small things need to be done , otherwise , has been maintained in near perfect working order .. Unfortunately ( or fortunately ) for the person we got it from , well theres an old saying :

I kicked a dawg when he was down ..

We pretty much stole it , but what we paid was what they were asking ,,, ssooo ..

Sweetie is a dealer in a flea market , she needs something to keep her busy and does real well with it ..
JackHammr' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #166
Both my wife and I retired at the end of 2006. She was a physics teacher for 25 years in the same high school she graduated from. Me from a coastal boat dealership.
I had a stroke 6 years ago, went to a rehab center on a streacher cause I couldn't walk. Walked out 13 days later with a cane. Thank you Lord! After it looked like I was going to be back close to normal we decided to work our butt off to get out of debt and retire and enjoy life as much as possible.
What a great job my wife did not only managing our debt elimination but a second job teaching at the local Community College to make retirement earlier.
Bought a 2000 Winnebago 32T gas motorhome in June of 07. We were out over 50 nights in 07 and 08. Learned an awful lot about RVing those 2 years. Knew we were hooked.
In March of this year found a 1999 Monaco Windsor 36 DP with 1 slide. Boy what a difference in weight room, comfort, space and power.
We go to 3 or 4 NASCAR races and 12 to 14 bluegrass festivals a year. Everytime we get home we are looking for more places to go.
I try to visit iRV2 daily, so much info and interesting reading.
2008 Holiday Rambler Neptune 37PDQ 4 slides
2003 GMC Envoy 4x4, Roadmaster hook up
plot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #167
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up great Thread.... HOWDY

well, here it goes... was 15 years in the Air Force (LW). Lived in El Paso from 64 - 69, went back to Germany and flew for a Charter Airline as a Pilot. Somehow we (family) ended up in Western Canada in 75, gave up flying for farming and business stuff. Wife Monika (know her since childhood) is still flying for AC to Frankfurt, once a week. Another 7 months and we'll travel a lot, get miles on a new Coach. Can't wait to travel the roads from the 60's again... at least in TX, NM, AZ.
Retired young, about 10 years ago.

Hope to see you down the roads over the next years
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #168
My name is Al and my wife of 48 years is Nancy, I am semi-retired as a Licensed Land Surveyor and my wife is a home maker, we have four grown children and (8) grandchildren, We love our motorhome and try to plan a trip every month or two, when the budget allows. We live in Big Bear Lake, CA. and have traveled the Western USA and made a trip to the East Coast last year.

We have had our share of problems but the enjoyment we have overshadows the costly repairs (LOL) .
We just got back from YellowStone Park...Wild Bision,Moose, Black Bear and the most breathtaking Country, I will make a return trip, we took 2 of the grandkids and they had a ball.

RVing is the best thing we have done and plan on staying with it, the cost is worth every penny, having your home with you while traveling is priceless.

Were leaving next week for Northern Ca, We keep the money pit gassed-up and ready to roll at any given moment.

Al & Nancy
2001 (36') Itasca with 32,000 miles, Ford V-10 and tow our little Red Jeep wrangler everwhere we go, with Bikes and (2) kayaks

bearpawpa is offline   Reply With Quote