Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #99
my turn,my turn...
Police Officer of 15 years, ex-US marshal. Wife, Sherri, rookie police officer of 5 years. We loved tent and backcountry camping. I'm 43 and she's 31. 5 children, 20,14,12,9,2. Don't even try to figure it out, you'll go nuts! Fell into RV'ing when father died and I aquired the Winnebago vectra. Haven't been able to take a trip in it yet but it's getting close!

'98 Flagstaff 206LTD
Popup Newbie so please have pity!
Mitch da Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #100
Howdy, I'm Jim. Linda and I are engaged to be married hopefully next spring.
I'm the father of 2 girls and a boy, also have a grand-daughter.
Linda has 2 daughters and a son, also, with 10 grandchildren.
In my signature, Chris is my son, and TJ and Tiffany are Linda's grandkids, she has custody of them.
Lexi is a border collie/springer spaniel mix who occasionally goes camping with us.
We started out camping together 5 years ago with a '74 Venture pop-up we picked up for $650. Very basic unit in good shape. 2 years ago, we picked up an '85 Palomino MXL pop-up w/folding hardsides. We hope to upgrade in a few years to a hybrid or small TT.
We belong to the GLPUC(Great Lakes Pop-Up Club) and try to attend as many get-togethers as possible.
Career-wise, I've been a drywall hanger/finisher for the past 12 years. Linda is semi-retired(health problems). Chris is a laborer on a landscape crew for his step-father.

Found this forum some time back, and really enjoy it. Thanks for reading!

Jim and Linda
Christopher, TJ and Tiffany
Lexi the dog
93 Caravan
90 F150 4X4
85 Palomino MXL

Jim and the Crew
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:14 AM   #101
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost:
Just kidding

I am retired from the submarine force followed by 6 years at Intel Corporation from which I escaped in January.

Spent 4 months on the road during the ensuing time decompressing, February in Key West snapped me back to life.

My finace Tracy remains in the high tech field but has great flexiblity with telecommuting and travel which lends itself to a decent amount of time on the road.

We live in NE Connecticut's "Quiet Corner".

I'm snooping around for some new type of work - preferably out of the house on the computer and we are in the process of moving into a house a couple of towns further into the woods.

Interesting how things change! Since I posted this, we bought a house, moved, picked up two Jack Russell Terriers and got married!

Key West on the radar screen again I do believe

'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790.Good Sam.WIT.PCA-CVR

I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #102

I am retiring in January after 35 years at that airplane company up here in the northwest. I have spent that entire time working in engineering. My wife Trish does Medical Transcription and will retire as soon as the house sells, then it's off to find out where we want to retire. We are both tired of the wet gray days up here and hope to find someplace else to live. We are both on our second marriage but we have been together now for 18 years so I think this one will last.

I had a travel trailer back in the mid 70's but not since then and so much has changes. The wife has never had one before so we consider ourselves as both being new to the RV world. She has food allergies and I have diabetes that I can control with diet so having our own kitchen with us when we want to travel just makes so much sense and RV parks or boondocking cost less than motels. Besides that we were both campers in our younger days and can't wait to get back to it again. We are both getting real excited about our "soon to be" new lifestyle.

We hope to see some of you nice folks on down the road.

Life is short, eat desert first.

Me, wife & 3 rescued toy poodles
2003 White F-250 Superduty Supercab XLT, 6.0 PSD, 5 Speed Auto,
4x4, Longbed, X-line, Leather Captains Chairs & Raider Canopy
2004 Sunnybrook 2726 Solanta
Jordan Ultima Controler & Hensley Arrow Hitch

Larry, aka Major
RV_Harvey, aka Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #103
I am a teacher. Just love the little buggers most days. K-3 grades. This year 3rd. Last year first... before that Kindergarden. Ihave been doing it forever, but then last year I decided to go back to school full time to be an Occupational Therapist.(I want to retire someday and have some money to play with.) Since that decision has been made I have been doing it part time. Come Next fall I will be going to school full time instead of teaching. Looking forward to the break. I love the little darlings like I said... but the system sucks. Every year I understand more and more why no one wants to do this job. However, I love going to school each day... and for the rest of the year I will savor each moment. Love the breaks the holidays the workdays, and summers off... perfect for a camper.
Thats what I do!
Jean & Dawn
H202kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 01:42 PM   #104
My name is John, and I'm a semi retired contractor. I own an electrical and heating/ air conditioning company and also a building company. I work when I want to and travel the rest of the time since I am fortunate to have competent people to run it for me. I also have a line of bbq & steak sauces and salad dressings I market under the name of Unclejohns sauce.
unclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 02:42 PM   #105
Jane and I got married some 45 years ago and most of our discretionary income was spent on Sailboats. We sea camped up and down the east coast from Maine to New York. Still have the boat but bought an old 33' MH some ten years ago and went camping? (very comfortably) every so often. I retired after 32 years in the Probation system in Mass., and got promoted beyond my abilities too many times to count and ended up a Regional field supervisor out of the commissioners office. Loved it but for the past 6 years I've enjoyed retirement better. We live in our 5er during the winter months in Lakeland Fl. (Sanlan Ranch) and went to Nova Scotia this summer. I tented as a kid and and spent too much time in a tent in Korea 15 months so Camping that way was no way. We've met the nicest people at various campsites and treasure the experience. Love being trailer trash.....

having fun
We're Dick and Jane,no spot only Lilly Beagle
2002 Ford 350 4X4 PSD LB, 327rls Sprinter HP 5th wheel.
having fun

We're Dick and Jane,no spot only Lilly Beagle
hmsbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:18 AM   #106
I am an industrial painter. Iwork in what is called a job shop company When asked what we make I tell people that we do not make a single product. But if you see a Kenworth truck or a Case 4wd tractor or a 400seires JD lawn&garden tractor or a Thermal King refridgeration unit on a trailer or many many other Items so numerouse to mension that it would take up a lot of room here I work at one of 3 different plants that we have The plant I work at does liquid paint spreaying both class a and class b. The other two plants that we have One of them is a powder coat plant and the other is an e-coat plant The job is great as I enjoy painting and am never board with my job as I am always doing different things althou we do have a lot of staple products that we have to turn out each week there is still usually plenty of time to do the other parts

2619 TrailManor
White Lightning F-150

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:02 AM   #107
I am basically a automotive junkie. Automotive career started back in 1966, back when they still had points. (Dull roar from crowd with puzzled look on face, What are points?) Been in just about every position in a dealer, independent garage and even a couple with several manufacturers. Past SAE member, present STS member and hold current ASE certifications as Master Automobile Technician, Advanced Engine Performance. Just took two more certification tests recently, Service Consultant and Body Mechanical.
My present position is with AAA Mid-Atlantic working in the Approved Auto Repair program. We mediate problems with Approved shops and members. We also offer technical help to members and recommend repair facilities.
Hobbies include repairing/building/upgrading computers, RC helicopters, fishing (fly for smallmouth bass, fresh water, salt water and surf), seasonal camping and RV travel in the near future.

2002 Aerostar A30R
Northern Neck of Virginia
Ham radio mobile N3WJA
2002 Aerostar A30R

Northern Neck of Virginia
cavalry6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #108
Hi all,
Jack and Linda here. Life long soul mates, (went to kindergarten together!) now married 31 yrs with 2 great kids and 1 grandson.
I started careers as a boilermaker, followed my dad. Stayed at it for 14 yrs. then started selling and building geodesic domes. Then moved on to building custom steel furniture. Owned a general contracting buisness for 15 yrs. and I'm back to boilermaking for 5 more yrs.! Best part time job in the world. We work 6 and 7 days a week for 6 to 7 months a yr. Rest of the time is for RV'n! Linda has always been the homemaker. I was raised as a camper and when we started dating she loved the idea. Been enjoying it ever since.
Can't talk her into full timing it though!
Runnin around in our 31' alfa 5er with 3 slides.
The Domie
Domie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #109
I am an Admin Clerk for one of the Messes on the base here. My DH is retired from the Canadian Military and now works as a Commissionaire on the base. I camped from age 6 to 18, then my parents bought a cottage, but this May DH and I bought our first 5th wheel and are absoutely loving it. Wished we hadn't waited so long!

1998 F150 V6 4.2L Extended Cab Short Box / 19'7" 2003 F190 Road Runner (Beep Beep...here we come!)
1998 F150 V6 4.2L Extended Cab Short Box / 19'7" 2003 F190 Road Runner (Beep Beep...here we come!)
Little 5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #110
I'm an electrician by trade. Carried a card since 1963. When things got slow in the 80s, I went to work as a facilities manager. Hated it and went back to school to get an electronics degree. Got it, went to work for a paper mill as an electrican. Got involved with automation. Taught automation and industrial electricity at the local community college. Loved teaching.
Went back to school and earned a bachelors degree and then a masters degree. Quit all my jobs and became a high school teacher, teaching electrical construction in a skills center. They want me to go back to school so, I'm retiring in June.
Love camping with wife and grand kids. Been camping since the early 70s. Had every kind of camper including a tent and its been a joy to camp and meet some of the best people in the world out there.

2001 Sportsman Fifth Wheel 2456; 2001 Ford F250 4x4, Crew Cab, 7.3 Diesel.
God Bless America

SPELL CHECK By IeSpell; Its free and it works.
JimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:59 PM   #111
What a great bunch of people!

Jeff and I met about 8 years ago. Both of us worked in electronic security, and fulfilled a life long dream five years ago, becoming self employed. So far, were still eating...

Our business focuses on custom work, about half commercial and half residential. I love what I do every day, and I'm so lucky to have someone wonderful to do it with. Working and living together isn't for many, but it works great for us.

We set out to buy a used pop up 6 years ago, and came home with a used 21' fiver, no slides! We had more fun in that little rig. One day we needed more propane. We went to a nearby propane depot at an RV dealer, and came home with another fiver! Fast forward 3 more rigs, and we are on our second MH (winnebago)

We have both been life long campers, and get out as many times as we can each year.

Thanks to all of the friendly and helpful people here. What a change from the other boards we have been on.

(edited some spelling goofs... OY!)

Buck n Jeff
Murphy (boxer)
2004 Horizon 40AD
2000 Jetta TDI (or)
2003 BMW F650 Dakar
2002 BMW K1200RS

[This message was edited by BucknJeff on Tue November 25 2003 at 06:17 PM.]
Buck n Jeff

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #112
Don't know if anyone will make it this far to read....but I did, all really interesting stories.

I'm Dale, the smarter one is Carol. Retired after 30 years in the US Army (drafted back during the 'Nam era and found a home I suppose:-), managed to get a couple of college degrees as well as attain Microsoft Certified System Engineer certified and I'm also a Microsoft Database Administrator (at least for another 6-9 months, when we are hitting the road full-time). I'm Director of Training for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Carol is an accountant and recently retired from Sprint. We had seen a good part of the world during 30 years in the service, but really hadn't seen much of the states....so, thats our goal. Carol got sick a couple of years ago (Non-hogkins lymphoma) and we decided that waiting until we're gone is probably not a good idea, so we've moved the time table up significantly.

Obviously, I've tent camped (Army guys will know what I mean, as I say that sarcastically), and we had a 5th wheel that really got us into the RV thing. Just bought the new 2004 Pace Arrow with 7'ceilings (I'm kinda big at around 6'3"+) and every option I could think of on this rig, so we are really excited about whats ahead in the next twelve months. Whose Next?

Dale and Carol
(Dale, CW5 USA, Ret, Carol best darn Army wife around, Ret.)

2004 Pace Arrow 36B, W22, 8.1 L
2001 Hyundai Elantra Toad

Dale and Carol

(Dale, CW5 USA, Ret, Carol "best darn Army wife around", Ret.)
Chief5 is offline   Reply With Quote