Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2006, 05:06 AM   #113
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers

Let's wake up this old, sleeping thread.

Anyone else?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:01 AM   #114

Ok I am game

I just retired this year from GM
I took the 28 years and out pre-retirement offer
I am finishing an Associates Degree as a Paralegal as a possible post -retirement job but now I am starting to think in a more "creative", (graphic arts etc.) direction as far as part time employement

I am single
My darling dog, Maddie the Wonderdog and I are an "apackof"

As my signature states I am a RV Wanna-be
needing to sell my home before purchasing (a used LazyDaze)

I look forward to traveling in this wonderful and amazingly beautiful country of ours and I thank the Lord that I was blessed to be born in America!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:

Anyone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #115

OOOOOOOOOps make that an "apackof2"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apackof2:
Ok I am game

I just retired this year from GM
I took the 28 years and out pre-retirement offer
I am finishing an Associates Degree as a Paralegal as a possible post -retirement job but now I am starting to think in a more "creative", (graphic arts etc.) direction as far as part time employement

I am single
My darling dog, Maddie the Wonderdog and I are an "apackof"

As my signature states I am a RV Wanna-be
needing to sell my home before purchasing (a used LazyDaze)

I look forward to traveling in this wonderful and amazingly beautiful country of ours and I thank the Lord that I was blessed to be born in America!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:

Anyone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:52 AM   #116

Winnebago Owners Club
for both-
Soon to be married 40 years (we started young). Proud parents of 2 great sons and 4 sweet grandchildren. Enjoying our first RV!

for Debbie-
Retired in 2003, but still carries the title "best mom in the whole wide world."

for Warren-
Retired in 2003 from Burlington Northern Railroad after more than 30 years. Began as a locomotive electrician and retired as a Superintendent. Business degree from Missouri Western State University. Proudly spent 4 years in the Navy.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #117

I was born in Alabama but raised in Miami. Joined the Coast Guard in 1956 (after HS) for 4 years (Radio Operator). Got out and went to Fla State Univ. Have worked in Personnel since 1965. Worked at Metro Dade County, Univ of Georgia and Finally for the State of Florida. Last 21 years as Personnel Director for the State Game and Fish Comm. I also did Retirement planning (investments and financial planning). Retired in 1999 and have live in Tallahassee (mostly)since FSU in 1960. Married (Lou in 1969) have 2 children and One grandson age 3 1/2. Camped since we were married. Tent, Pop-Top, 21 trailer and last two are HR Vacationers (1999 and 2004 on the W-22) Wife now wants a Diplomat or Endevour. Leaving Monday to visit our son in San Antonio for 2 weeks. s/Toby
Old 12-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #118

OK Wife and I both born and raised in sw MN been married for 30 yrs Moved up here to DL 20 yers ago and have lived up here scince DW is the assistant court administrator up here and I work in a small factory were we build automotive frame staighting racks and equipmentIt may be a small place(13) employees but we make 325 racks a year and ship them all over the world to bodyshops Who would have thunk it???We have been camping for abot 18yrs Started in a tent whent to a popup and now have a TT parked at a perminant site that we go to every weekend from may through oct Thats it in a nutshell

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #119

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I worked for Automatic Electric for three years. I traveled southeast US installing telephone equiptment in central offices. After that I went to work for Carolina Telephone that later became Sprint where I worked for over thirty two years. I was the central office tech. for the towns of Bayboro and Oriental when I retired in 1999.
I met Dianne at the telephone office in Rocky Mount, NC where she has a clerk's job with Carolina Telephone. We were married in April 1967. She also worked for Sprint for over 22 years and retired in 1998.
We had in the 1970's had slide in pickup camper that we used with our two girls for a few years. We got a new Trail Lite off Ebay in 2002 and have enjoyed camping and meeting new friends.
Tom
Old 12-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #120

Roy - from Indiana. Nancy - from Massachusetts. We met in 1965 in Cape Cod where Roy was stationed at Otis Air Force Base. We married in January 1967, coming up on 40 years. I tried the midwest but it has no ocean or mountains, so we headed west in 1978 to southern Oregon and love it here, lots of camping opportunities year round and moderate climate. We started with a popup, then trailer, then 1st 5th wheel, now on our second 5th wheel.

We are both self-employed, Roy as a tool distributor and Nancy as medical transcriptionist. We would love to retire but health insurance costs are blocking that for now.

2001 Ford F250 Diesel
RoyandNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #121

Appalachian Campers
Renna and I are both originally from the Gettysburg, PA area. We met there while both working in a factory. I married her (and her 2 children from a previous) going on 15 years ago now. We left PA over 12 years ago when the economy in our area went flat. Moved to the Goldsboro, NC area, and have been here ever since. Renna is a Department Manager in Crafts at the Goldsboro Wal Mart. She has been with Wal Mart for 16 years. I am a Project Manager for a small to mid size commercial construction company. We specialize in medical offices and churches, of all sizes. We are now empty nesters, with the exception of Foxy, our (my) Pom, and Tiger the cat. They are our kids, and our travel buddies now. I have always gone camping since I was little with my parents. Renna had only ever gone a few times in her past, and had never really traveled anywhere. So I made it my job to fully immerse her in the wonderful life of the great outdoors, and seeing what is saround the next bend or over the next hill. She loves it, and we both anticipate the day that we can say good bye to the daily grind, and travel further longer.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #122

I will soon start my 13th year of retirement. Hmm, I barely remember what I did for 36 years, I think it had something to do with banking. My first go at "camping" was in 1971 with a brand new Winnebago, followed by a 1979 Pace Arrow. Then got into sailing, a series of sailboats followed until 2000 then back into motorhomes. Three months ago I bought a new Allegro Bay 37DB so I'm ready to go again with my wife of 51+ years.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 AM   #123

Newmar Owners Club
I retired from the US Navy in 1999 after 35 years; a prosthodontist (a dentist who makes falsies), I spent some time in the administrative end as well as clinical dentistry, commanding the Naval Dental Center at Camp Lejeune, NC during Operations Desert Shield & Desert Storm.

After retirement, I went back to school and got my Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer papers and worked in the medical imaging field for 2 years. After being laid-off, I looked around and realized that working was cutting into my RVing, so I quit looking for a job and tried to convince DW to do the same. She is a psychologist working for the US Navy. Well, she walked in one day from work and said "that's it! Those R$*$%^$@#) will NEVER hose up my schedule again." She had put her papers in and was retired in 2 weeks!

I began camping with my family on a memorable trip to the Grand Tetons/Yellowstone in the late 50's. DW was an inveterate camper with both parents being scout leaders she had done it all including 'snow camping'. Not MY idea of fun!

We bought our first RV in 2002, and are now on our third. As we 'mature', the need for creature comforts also increases, hence the upgrading of coaches.

We're not full-timers, but if we can stay healthy, we will spend about 5 months on the road each year.

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:07 AM   #124

I'm Annie K and I've been retired since 1997. I was a "worm person" - a veterinary parasitologist (Professor and Dept Head)at the UGA College of Vet Med before I retired. I began tent camping with my husband in the early '70s, when we would set up camp on our deer hunting lease. The camp would be set up from Nov thru Jan 1 and we camped through rain, snow, and cold weather. I also tent camped with friends from Canada when we would go to scientific meetings (parasitology and wildlife diseases). My husband died in 1997, and I decided that I would not give up camping and purchased my first RV. I've been hooked ever since.
Annie K. and Sparky the long haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL 36LD
04 Saturn L300W
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy
Old 12-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #125

I am Phil smarter half is June we have been married 33 years, we have only been Rv'ing for 5 years I wish we had started much sooner.

I have worked in the broadcast industry for 40 years, first in Operations/Engineering and Now Procurement Manager for a large media company here in Toronto. Will retire in the spring.

June has been the MOM / Caregiver / Business Manager / Best Wife Award Winner all these years. We love the RV culture, we have met so many new friends and love them all.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #126

I'm Ray. Retired from army after 30 years as 07 in 1982. Spent most of my time with Special Forces. After that went to work with DOD. Retired from that Dec 31. 2002 as a civilian Deputy Squadron Commander at Langly AFB.

Been married to my better half for over 44 years and have been RVing for about 6 years.

1998 Dodge 3500 5.9 V-8 Magum
rayt1 is offline   Reply With Quote