Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
My fuel gage is way off at the lower end so when on long trips I need to know long I can go between fuelings. With that in mind I needed the average MPG so I could make a good estimate on range leaving a good reserve in case. But I also hate to waste money so I do drive on slow side (usually the truck limit), watch driving habits and all that normal stuff. Oh and the computer says 8.0 avg for over 45000 miles with actual at the pump running about 7.5 since I have had this rig.

Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean614 View Post
We just bought new dodge 1500 hemi. Tow 29 ft TT. Just got back from Florida and got 8 mpg. But when DW drives it worse than that. I try to drive for the most part. Not because of mileage I just don't like fearing for my life.
Where you sleeping tonight?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #17

Probably in the camper in our driveway if she reads this. Lol.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I get 6 to 10 mpg, depending on wind,rain,hills,mountains,traffic,tail-winds,and what ever else there is to affect it. It's a house on wheels, takes fuel to move it and better than a motel room. Jim
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #19

What I hate is a strong head or cross wind. I know the mileage is gonna go down; I just don't like pressing the pedal more than normal. It just doesn't feel right.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikf View Post
you better hang on to that rv.
I thought the same thing!!! When we bumped up to a 30ft, I thought "t's going to get worse", but we were fortunate to get 10-12, the as our little old Class C. Then when we got this one, I was thinking "ok, we got lucky before....but now THIS thing is going to suck on fuel". And it didn't!, it got as good or better economy! Blew my mind. It does have a few power/fuel econ adders though, but still! Not bad at all
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #21

Over about 6500 miles so far, we average 13 mpg, running 62-64 mph on the big roads. Sure, it won't go up hill like a big DP, but we don't care at this point,,, we are on vacation and in no hurry... So we are happy campers,, until I win the lotto,, then I Will have a nice DP !!!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Monkey I like the way you think about being on vacation,good attitude. Jim
Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #23

You got that right....hang on to that 12mpg V-10! I had a 30' Itasca V-10 on a Ford chassis, towing a Honda Accord. Put 45000 miles on the rig and averaged no more that 8MPG.
Sofakleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #24

We have 2 RV's to choose from right now. Our 2008 Winnebago View (gas) gets 11-12 MPG. This year we purchased a 2012 ford F150 ecoboost and a 26 ft Open Range TT. We get about 9MPG with the Ford. We use a BP gas charge card and earn credits. We fill up the car during the weeks and save the credits till we need to fill up the truck or View and usually can save up .50 on up to 20 gallons.
And as for the gentleman bashing his wifes driving. I drive both and get better MPG than my DH. In fact, he hasn't pulled the TT since we have had it.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcalhany View Post
We have 2 RV's to choose from right now. Our 2008 Winnebago View (gas) gets 11-12 MPG. This year we purchased a 2012 ford F150 ecoboost and a 26 ft Open Range TT. We get about 9MPG with the Ford. We use a BP gas charge card and earn credits. We fill up the car during the weeks and save the credits till we need to fill up the truck or View and usually can save up .50 on up to 20 gallons.
And as for the gentleman bashing his wifes driving. I drive both and get better MPG than my DH. In fact, he hasn't pulled the TT since we have had it.
When you giving him back his keys?

I only wish I could get DW to drive this thing more than up and down the driveway.

I just had the first oil change since we got it done to rig and had the engine checked out. The thing has a Banks kit on it and a whole whack of tots we didn't know about. BONUS.

As far as mileage it is running close to 7.75 if I kinda keep it around 60 miles per hour. I tried climbing the hump leaving Port Alberni with the cruise on and you could not believe the two roars I got; exhaust in left ear and air cleaner howl in the right ear.

Ain't never gonna try that again I aresn't!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #26

I wish I could find a way to go downhill both ways, but til then it is what it is. However, we recently finished up a trip from Mesa,AZ. to Kenai,AK. to Ft. Walton Beach,FL...9,050 miles and our 2000 DSDP got 9.75 mpg towing our Saturn Vue. I'm a happy camper.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
I wish I could find a way to go downhill both ways, but til then it is what it is. However, we recently finished up a trip from Mesa,AZ. to Kenai,AK. to Ft. Walton Beach,FL...9,050 miles and our 2000 DSDP got 9.75 mpg towing our Saturn Vue. I'm a happy camper.

WOW I wish I got that. If I go down hill with a tail wind, and get out and push I may get 6.7 Cat C15 515/600--42ft 43,000lbs towing a Saturn Aura. Going up a steep MTN the Silver Leaf system shows around 1.3 I drive 60 to 65 MPH. And never pass a Flying J But I still love the CC
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #28

We only use that option when we see how many miles we can go before we gas up. Otherwise, it just doesn't matter and we're not even big.

Tags
fuel