Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #169

I hate it when people drive at night with fog lights on all the time - mostly without rain or any bad weather. It can make it difficult for other drivers dealing with the glare. I believe it is illegal to do so in Cali, not that it stops anyone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #170
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Joe, although I agree with you about the Handicap Parking violators and it is also a "pet Peave" of mine and I have written that citation many times. But that is not what 911 is intended for. Having spent 30+ years in LE, and having supervised our Communications Center, the over use of 911 has always been a "Pet Peave" for me. 911 is for emergencies, those lines are constantly flooded with calls, many of which are not emergencies. We do try to educate the public, and understand to some people their problem may seem like an emergency at the time, but a parking violation is clearly not an emergency. That call could result in a person who has an emergency not being able to get help. The reason that the offender is usually gone by the time LE gets there is they are most likely responding to worse issues. I assure you most LE loves to write that ticket when they have the time to.
Yeah, Mike, you're right! I've thought of that and guess I should just suck it up and FIDO it! (forget it and drive on)

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Yeah, Mike, you're right! I've thought of that and guess I should just suck it up and FIDO it! (forget it and drive on)
No, you should/can still call, just do it on the regular Dispatch line, not 911. You never know an Officer/Parking control Officer may just be patrolling right around the corner. And like I said most Officers love writing that ticket. I used to love it when they would come out and catch me while I was writing the ticket, they always would argue and had some reason which had no merit. Never admit they were just being lazy. When they saw how much it was they would go crazy...never lost one in Court either. In my opinion those who violate Handicap parking only care about themselves, and is probably how they live the rest of their life.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #172
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
No, you should/can still call, just do it on the regular Dispatch line, not 911. You never know an Officer/Parking control Officer may just be patrolling right around the corner. And like I said most Officers love writing that ticket. I used to love it when they would come out and catch me while I was writing the ticket, they always would argue and had some reason which had no merit. Never admit they were just being lazy. When they saw how much it was they would go crazy...never lost one in Court either. In my opinion those who violate Handicap parking only care about themselves, and is probably how they live the rest of their life.

I'll find that number and put it in my wallet! Thanks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #173

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Sure they can steal from any type of card you use, but the fact is on a credit card you will never realize the difference as it is usually taken off your card that day or the next, certainly before you have to pay your CC bill. When its taken from your debit card, there are things you need to do to get the money back into your account which may take some time, and some people don't have the money in their accounts to cover it and can't pay their other bills while waiting for the money to be returned.

Also on your response as to why others may be speeding and nobody really knows, that is true, but it is the exception not the rule. 99% of the time they are not speeding for emergency reasons, either they just don't care and will do whatever they want, running late, or they are so distracted by their cell phones or music that they just don't realize how fast they are going.

Both of those comments are based on 30+ years in Law Enforcement and having to investigate/deal with both.
I've actually been stopped for speeding.... told the officer( while I was really wiggling) I have to go to the bathroom, home is just around the corner.... rural life...LOL! She said...get going then! ( I made it.)
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I've actually been stopped for speeding.... told the officer( while I was really wiggling) I have to go to the bathroom, home is just around the corner.... rural life...LOL! She said...get going then! ( I made it.)
What happened to you is what I've tried to tell others on different posts when they complain about interactions they have had with LE. If you're honest/polite with them and the violation is not that big of a deal, they will most likely let you go without anything. The good ones use good common sense discretion when they can and are well respected for it. I've let a lot of people go with a warning when they were honest and polite.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #175

I know lots of people in rural areas drive with their fog lights on after dark so they can see the deer coming out of the cornfields and soybeans.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #176

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Don't assure me, assure these scientists. So, according to this, they are going for the easy targets and not for the most dangerous ones.

"Speeds were measured for a 24-hour period on 52 roads and streets in four states: Delaware, North Carolina, Colorado, and Arizona. Driver compliance with speed limits is poor. On average, 7 out of 10 motorists exceeded the posted speed in urban areas... The accident involvement rates on streets and highways in urban areas was highest for the slowest 5 percent of traffic..."
It amazes me that there are so many lawbreakers in our so called civilized country. I spent three years in Germany driving the autobahn over 50 miles each day. The USA speeders would have loved it there as driving in excess of 100 MPH was the routine and the accidents were spectacular with cars that looked like accordions after running into cement posts on overpass supports. American drivers are idiots for the most part, the vast majority don't use their turn signals and those are the same ones weaving in and out of traffic at breakneck speed. So, use all the justification you wish to show lawbreakers are the good safe drivers and those of us who choose to obey the speed laws, the turn signal laws and the no running of red light laws are the real problem. I wouldn't expect any other conclusion from self absorbed individuals who only think of themselves and their immediate gratification instincts of breaking laws. I will continue to obey the law and pray that the idiots don't run me down in the non-passing lane. I've had the speed demons on my bumper in the right lane trying to push me to speed more than once but my limit is the speed limit except when I absolutely have to drive faster to stay with the traffic flow in whatever lane I get stuck in. Drive in San Antonio or Fort Worth and you find yourself in the biggest zoo of idiot speed demons known to man. I would rather drive in Tehran, which I have done, where there are really no rules but at least they have a good excuse, up until recently their fastest steed was a camel. What is your excuse?
Old 03-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
My copilot who can get up to go to the bathroom any time she feels like it, but I have to wait until I can pull over and stop before going.
Put it on cruise control. DUH!
Old 03-25-2016, 11:19 PM   #178

I can agree with most of the replies to this post. While driving my pickup from Socal to Or. two years ago an old coot driving a class C was in the right lane at 60 mph. I passed him doing just under 70 on cruise. About 5 miles later he was on my bumper flashing his lights wanting me to speed up. I sped up and he still kept close to me, why I don't know since he was poking along to begin with. I brake checked him and then he must have taken it off cruise since he slowed down again and didn't bother me anymore. Another pet peave in when I used to ride a motorcycle. I was traveling down a two lane forest road at 50 mph just enjoying the ride when a small pickup passed me doing at least 100. He came up to me so fast that I never heard him until he passed. I didn't have a loud bike either . I wanted to chase him down and could have very easy but then what. Motorcycle verses a car? Very bad. I finally got the cops on the cell ph after stopping and they tried to get him but he was going so fast that by the time they got out to the road he was long gone. The cop that was hiding to catch him was disappointed that he already had passed the hiding spot. This guy scared me half to death.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #179

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker art View Post
I can agree with most of the replies to this post. While driving my pickup from Socal to Or. two years ago an old coot driving a class C was in the right lane at 60 mph. I passed him doing just under 70 on cruise. About 5 miles later he was on my bumper flashing his lights wanting me to speed up. I sped up and he still kept close to me, why I don't know since he was poking along to begin with. I brake checked him and then he must have taken it off cruise since he slowed down again and didn't bother me anymore. Another pet peave in when I used to ride a motorcycle. I was traveling down a two lane forest road at 50 mph just enjoying the ride when a small pickup passed me doing at least 100. He came up to me so fast that I never heard him until he passed. I didn't have a loud bike either . I wanted to chase him down and could have very easy but then what. Motorcycle verses a car? Very bad. I finally got the cops on the cell ph after stopping and they tried to get him but he was going so fast that by the time they got out to the road he was long gone. The cop that was hiding to catch him was disappointed that he already had passed the hiding spot. This guy scared me half to death.
It worked for us one time. We were going down the windy road and a couple of rigs passed us going way over the speed limit and passing on a blind corner. We called it in and by the time we got to town, the officer had them pulled over. We stopped to see if they wanted our info for witnesses. He got them for speeding coming into town.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
...I will continue to obey the law and pray that the idiots don't run me down in the non-passing lane...
Hallelujah another top 3%er Just when I thought I was the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker art
"Put it on cruise control. DUH!"
Won't the liquid short out the cruse control electronics?
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #181

Another Pet Peeve of mine is when you receive change back from a purchase. I just hate it when the checkout person gives you the paper bills all upside down, backwards, wrinkled plus the coins all in a wad. When I was trained in proper money handling while working as a paper boy back in the early 60's, it was a "sin" to give a customer their change in that manner. If you were to look in my wallet today, all my bills are facing the same way, no wrinkles, and in numerical order.
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Another Pet Peeve of mine is when you receive change back from a purchase. I just hate it when the checkout person gives you the paper bills all upside down, backwards, wrinkled plus the coins all in a wad. When I was trained in proper money handling while working as a paper boy back in the early 60's, it was a "sin" to give a customer their change in that manner. If you were to look in my wallet today, all my bills are facing the same way, no wrinkles, and in numerical order.
Don't forget, the receipt is under the pile of money too.

And I thought I was the only one who arranged my bills in order.