Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #183

A new pet peeve of mine is people that play music loudly through their camper's exterior speakers in a campground. Its barely past 9 A.M., my windows are closed, and I can hear their music OVER my music inside my camper, and worse, I can feel the base. Its also the same music (same song even) they were blaring when they were told to turn it down last weekend. I didn't like it when I was young and in a college dorm, and I'm less fond of it now.

EDIT: kudos to the campground staff, as they've told them to turn it down before my slow typing finished the post. I guess another pet peeve would be campgrounds that don't enforce their rules. If I want chaos, I'll boondock.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2016, 09:43 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Until I started riding a motorcycle (Only a year ago) most of these things would have annoyed me. I've found particularly on a MC emotion is not a good thing to have. Always have your "A" game and a level head.
Now I'm really good and just thinking all cars, trucks, etc are trying to kill me and it's not personal. Sort of like a video game. I slow down or speed up to get away from the crazies and just enjoy the journey. I think the change of attitude is carrying over to my 4 wheel vehicles as well.
As a fellow rider, I know exactly what you mean. Riding gives you a whole new perspective. Unless you're young and dumb and think you're invincible.

PrimoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:10 AM   #185
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
OK, question for you bikers. Why do bikers riding in a group hug the center line meeting traffic? I see that so much, even if they're not riding side by side!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #186

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Motorcycle Safety Issues and Tips

M/C lane usage.

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Another Pet Peeve of mine is when you receive change back from a purchase. I just hate it when the checkout person gives you the paper bills all upside down, backwards, wrinkled plus the coins all in a wad. When I was trained in proper money handling while working as a paper boy back in the early 60's, it was a "sin" to give a customer their change in that manner. If you were to look in my wallet today, all my bills are facing the same way, no wrinkles, and in numerical order.
And I thought I was the only one who did that. It drives my wife crazy, and she can't believe I always know how much money I have in my pocket/wallet.
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #188

I wish they could count the sale!

Register yells them amount of change and most grab it and hand it to you.

Some state your change is x.xx and just hand it to you after having difficulty drawing it.

Many older folks will still count the sale partly and hand Bach change stating something close but we prefer old school...

Stating amount of sale then counting change back to tendered amount.

We sometimes wind up with an extra something in the handful and sometimes it folds...
Old 03-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #189

You're making a lot of not-nice assumptions as to who are lawbreakers in a humorous thread about pet peeves, not to mention reading a bunch of superfluous stuff into an actual study.

And for what it's worth I lived in Germany for 16 years, 12 of those consecutively, and the accidents looked the same as they did in the US, South Africa, Australia, Texas, where the speed limit is over 80 in some areas, and other countries where I've driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
It amazes me that there are so many lawbreakers in our so called civilized country. I spent three years in Germany driving the autobahn over 50 miles each day. The USA speeders would have loved it there as driving in excess of 100 MPH was the routine and the accidents were spectacular with cars that looked like accordions after running into cement posts on overpass supports. American drivers are idiots for the most part, the vast majority don't use their turn signals and those are the same ones weaving in and out of traffic at breakneck speed. So, use all the justification you wish to show lawbreakers are the good safe drivers and those of us who choose to obey the speed laws, the turn signal laws and the no running of red light laws are the real problem. I wouldn't expect any other conclusion from self absorbed individuals who only think of themselves and their immediate gratification instincts of breaking laws. I will continue to obey the law and pray that the idiots don't run me down in the non-passing lane. I've had the speed demons on my bumper in the right lane trying to push me to speed more than once but my limit is the speed limit except when I absolutely have to drive faster to stay with the traffic flow in whatever lane I get stuck in. Drive in San Antonio or Fort Worth and you find yourself in the biggest zoo of idiot speed demons known to man. I would rather drive in Tehran, which I have done, where there are really no rules but at least they have a good excuse, up until recently their fastest steed was a camel. What is your excuse?
Old 03-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #190

People who are traveling several miles an hour faster than the big rig they're about to pass, all of a sudden match the speed of the big rig for several miles causing traffic to back up behind them and the big rig driver to have to be extra careful because the passer is in their blind spot.

Plus,

Groups of bikers traveling together, when the first one passes you he gets in front and slows down so much to create a larger gap behind the vehicle in front to make room for all the other members in his group to merge in front of him, that you have to apply your brakes until the whole group has merged. Then usually they end up traveling slower than your cruise control was previously set at. Also, phallicly loud pipes!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #191

When you arrive at a campground where they claim all sites are assigned upon arrival, but when you ask for that vacant, beautiful, isolated site with a view, they tell you that it's reserved.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:47 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
When you arrive at a campground where they claim all sites are assigned upon arrival, but when you ask for that vacant, beautiful, isolated site with a view, they tell you that it's reserved.
And no one occupies it the whole time you're there!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
And no one occupies it the whole time you're there!
That happens all the time. One CG we were in we wanted to stay an extra night and they told us they were booked, so we moved to the State CG literally right next door. Later that night we walked through the CG and there were at least 20 vacant sites. Walked through it the next morning at 7 am, same vacant sites. Asked in the Office, and they said it was just a lazy attendant that was only looking at the computer for reservations and not checking the cancellations, she said they had about 20 spaces available that night and apologized as they are all trained to check for cancellations. Lazy people now that's a "Pet Peeve".
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
And I thought I was the only one who did that. It drives my wife crazy, and she can't believe I always know how much money I have in my pocket/wallet.
I thought everyone knew how much walking around money they had on them! Sharon knows how exactly how much she has, and she knows how much I have since she hasn't given me my allowance yet
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #195
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I thought everyone knew how much walking around money they had on them! Sharon knows how exactly how much she has, and she knows how much I have since she hasn't given me my allowance yet

I have no idea how much money is in my wallet! Not much, that's for sure! I rarely pay cash for anything! We put everything on credit cards and pay them off each month, making hundreds of dollars per year on cash rebates from the credit card companies!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
OK, question for you bikers. Why do bikers riding in a group hug the center line meeting traffic? I see that so much, even if they're not riding side by side!
Most bikers try to ride as safe as possible but not all. As to bikers hugging the center line and lane usage yes a biker has to claim his space in the lane otherwise some jerk will move in and cause a dangerous situation. I've had auto drivers pass and cut back in front of me after only 10' . This is very annoying and unsafe for the biker. But on the other hand riding near the center line is very dangerous due to the fact that lots of oncoming cars and trucks cross over the line in a curve. Even riding in the right side of the lane that happens. I've had to hug the right hand ditch when a pickup pulling a flat bed trailer took 2/3 of my lane in a curve I made a habit of not riding near the center line. I have ridden over 300000 miles on bikes but gave it up due to a solo accident and at 73 don't want it again. Just because there are groups of bikers riding together doesn't mean they are experts at riding. Different brand types of riders act different on the road toward other traffic. Some like to race around and some think their S--t don't stink, look at me I'm the greatest. I don't care for either. Riding solo is probably the best way to go.