Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #211

National RV Owners Club
Idiots driving in the rain with emergency flashers on. Don't know about other states but in Florida that is an offense. Get off the interstate and park if you're scared to drive and that makes it safer for everyone.

And a runner up to number 1: My fellow RVers that park at the pumps and go inside for restroom, snacks and who know what else. If you gotta go inside please pull your rig over to a "non-pump" parking space.

FloraBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #212

Litter Bugs

I was behind a pickup truck yesterday when they put the drivers window down and tossed out a Mcdonald's bag full of their trash! I leaned on my airhorns to kindly let them know I saw what they did, They were so grateful for me reminding them they were complete idiots that they waved at me. I felt sorry for him afterwards because he must of had an injury where only one finger would work on his hand.

At Disney World we were at an outside show in their huge amphitheater. After the show was over and people were pushing and shoving and walking on the seats to get a few people ahead of the rest of the crowd, I saw a huge amount of trash left behind. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT???? What on earth possesses people to bring in food and leave behind the remnants of trash?

My Pet Peeve is the Litter Bug

Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #213

How about the thousands of drivers that drive with the PARKing lights on.

Parking lights are for, duh, parking.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #214
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I was behind a pickup truck yesterday when they put the drivers window down and tossed out a Mcdonald's bag full of their trash! I leaned on my airhorns to kindly let them know I saw what they did, They were so grateful for me reminding them they were complete idiots that they waved at me. I felt sorry for him afterwards because he must of had an injury where only one finger would work on his hand.

At Disney World we were at an outside show in their huge amphitheater. After the show was over and people were pushing and shoving and walking on the seats to get a few people ahead of the rest of the crowd, I saw a huge amount of trash left behind. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT???? What on earth possesses people to bring in food and leave behind the remnants of trash?

Totally agree! I'll never understand why someone would do that!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #215

Monaco Owners Club
My big pet peeve: You pull into a fairly empty campground mid-week lots of empty sites. The office has to "assign" a spot (really?) so of course they assign you the spot right-next-door to another rig. Really? I can't be, 5 sites away? Then when you go in to inquire about moving further off on your own they look at you and say "I've never had anyone request to move before" (huh?)
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:21 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
My big pet peeve: You pull into a fairly empty campground mid-week lots of empty sites. The office has to "assign" a spot (really?) so of course they assign you the spot right-next-door to another rig. Really? I can't be, 5 sites away? Then when you go in to inquire about moving further off on your own they look at you and say "I've never had anyone request to move before" (huh?)
That happened to us yesterday!
Old 04-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Totally agree! I'll never understand why someone would do that!
If they only knew how much of their tax money is wasted picking up litter from the roadsides.....never mind, they are the type of people who just don't care about anything but themselves.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:38 PM   #218

I know the subject of parking in the handicap zones has come up before here in this thread, but I just had to relay this experience that happened today.

We were at yet another outlet mall, where the copilot was doing, well whatever they do at the malls, and I was sitting under a pavilion close to the parking lot reading a book. Two 20 +- year old woman came jogging up and stopped waiting for the traffic to clear jogging in place. I overheard part of their conversation and it went like this "I just love jogging to keep my body in shape" said the first one. "Yes, and with that big tennis competition coming up next weekend I need to burn off some calories and get ready to beat the pants off ...." Right then they crosses the road and went right to their large SUV and climbed in yacking the entire time. Guess where the SUV was parked? Yep, in a handicap parking spot right up front!

So their handicap was ???????????
Old 04-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #219

Quote:
I know the subject of parking in the handicap zones has come up before here in this thread, but I just had to relay this experience that happened today.

We were at yet another outlet mall, where the copilot was doing, well whatever they do at the malls, and I was sitting under a pavilion close to the parking lot reading a book. Two 20 +- year old woman came jogging up and stopped waiting for the traffic to clear jogging in place. I overheard part of their conversation and it went like this "I just love jogging to keep my body in shape" said the first one. "Yes, and with that big tennis competition coming up next weekend I need to burn off some calories and get ready to beat the pants off ...." Right then they crosses the road and went right to their large SUV and climbed in yacking the entire time. Guess where the SUV was parked? Yep, in a handicap parking spot right up front!

Selfishness and Stupidity.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #220

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Most of the time as life goes on for people this stupid, eventually they will be picking the garbage up while wearing a "Orange Suit" !

Old 04-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #221

Jayco Owners Club
Saw many pictures of the various Earth Day celebrations. Garbage all over the place.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:45 PM   #222
Jerry Dixon

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have been shopping for a new motorhome lately and my pet peeve is manufacturers that offer only a few options, none of which I want, but the dealers all get them for their inventory models. And then I have a long list of options I do want, that the manufacturer will not do, so I have to have them installed aftermarket.

2017 Itasca Solei 36G
"The 5 Shades of Gray"
Suzuki Burgman scooter on the rack
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:39 AM   #223

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
I have been shopping for a new motorhome lately and my pet peeve is manufacturers that offer only a few options, none of which I want, but the dealers all get them for their inventory models. And then I have a long list of options I do want, that the manufacturer will not do, so I have to have them installed aftermarket.
You are wanting to trade in your new 2016 already? How come?
Old 05-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #224
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Shortage of brains!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote