Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #463
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Agree - wonder why anyone would want to tow a big square box weighing more than the tow vehicle at those kind of speeds.

Returning from snow birding we had the same truck and trailer pass us on 4 separate occasions. Each time the lifted truck would wobble and the trailer would fish tail as the black smoke was pouring out. Probably got to his destination less than half an hour before we passed him again.

I do subscribe to the motto "live life each day like it is your last, one day it will be". I guess some may be trying to get there early.

Totally agree Gordon! As the old saying goes, "I'm ready to go, just don't want to be on the next bus out"

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #464

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
Rude Parker.
Some one that has more vehicles for there spot or just don't want to park in there spot. I have arrived at a campground and someone's vehicle is parked in your spot and there not around. Or you go out and come back and there is a vehicle parked in your camp site. The worst is when you get up to leave have a long drive and the campers next to you have there vehicle blocking the front of your camper so that you can't hook up and they went out for the day.

Tugboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #465

Monaco Owners Club
I had that happen to me once. I had the vehicle towed and left a note for the neighbor and also notified the office.

I bet those folks won't be doing that again once they ended up paying the tow fee plus storage fee and other fees just to get their vehicle back.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #466

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Believe it or not, saw a fiver go by in the left lane at about 75 MPH, when the max speed limit for towed vehicles was 60 MPH (South Carolina). It seems like there are some who would prefer to die or kill to arrive 10 minutes earlier.

He was about a hundred yards past us when the rearmost of his 3 right side wheels came off and went along the shoulder then down into the trees. We got past him Okay as he fishtailed to a stop in a cloud of smoke.

What could possibly be worth it to do 75 pulling a fiver?
I had a political science professor in college who classified people into two categories:

Homo sapien: the thinking man.

Homo boobien: the unthinking man.

Guess what this guy is classified as?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #467

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
I think that common sense has left the building.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #468
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I know this one has been mentioned before, but I think we can all use a reminder because I still see it happening!

I see folks start a thread asking for help with some problem, get numerous replies and suggestions, then NEVER post there again, acknowledging the help that people were trying to give them!

I hope none of us will be guilty of this!

Old 10-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #469

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My apologies if this has been mentioned before, I have not read all entries.

Do bugs actually aim at the drivers face? It seems that a perfectly clean windshield will always get hit directly in front of my face with the first bug splat. How do they know where to kill themselves to insure they leave the most noticeable display of their innards?
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #470
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
My apologies if this has been mentioned before, I have not read all entries.

Do bugs actually aim at the drivers face? It seems that a perfectly clean windshield will always get hit directly in front of my face with the first bug splat. How do they know where to kill themselves to insure they leave the most noticeable display of their innards?

That's what happens when you're a handsome guy and all the bugs are female!

Old 10-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #471

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Remember you can tell a happy biker by the bug's on his teeth 🏍🐝🎇
Old 10-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #472
JFN

Well, I read the first 10 pages the came here so here I go.

1. People who pass pull in front of you and slow down.
2. Blinker usage, not using them and late signalers, I am the later as here in California if you signal to change lanes the person in the next lane will speed up so I move then signal that I am in fact moving over. ( I only use this tactic in California as in other states people seem to be more courteous)
4. When slowing down to stop and a driver dives into your safe zone ( area needed to stop)
5. Slow children at play signs in RV parks.
6. Screaming Children, I am almost deaf but the frequency of a child's voice I can hear perfectly, now add a hearing aid, ouch.
7. Restaurant hosts that try to seat us around children, I love children but not when I'm eating and they are screaming.
8. It has been mentioned Gas pumps that are out of receipts, solution, take a picture.
JFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:41 AM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
Rude Parker.
Some one that has more vehicles for there spot or just don't want to park in there spot. I have arrived at a campground and someone's vehicle is parked in your spot and there not around. Or you go out and come back and there is a vehicle parked in your camp site. The worst is when you get up to leave have a long drive and the campers next to you have there vehicle blocking the front of your camper so that you can't hook up and they went out for the day.
I am equipped for that, but the owner won't be happy with the way their vehicle looks after I move it.
Another option is what Dr4 said, have it towed at the owner's expense.
I don't put up with *ss holes.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:49 AM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Been there and done that TOO many times!

Here's what I had to say about that back in post #262.

What's your "pet peeve" ?

The only thing I would add is that besides not being able to fix Stupid you can't fix people who are Ignorant or Inconsiderate either.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
AMEN!
Old 10-02-2016, 02:52 AM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
In Europe it is illegal to pass on the right, if you do expect a ticket. Also, the speeding car/ truck in the left lane will flash their headlights, meaning get over and out of my way when coming up on a slower car in the left lane... I wish drivers here would do likewise...
This isn't Europe, it's the U.S.A.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:58 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
When people walk their dogs on other people's site (especially mine!)! Even worse, when they don't clean it up after walking their dogs on other people's site. I have 4 pomeranians & either use my site or if there's a dog area around. If you don't want poop on your site why do it to someone else's?
Drives me crazy!
I just toss it back to 'em.