Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #505

Monaco Owners Club
Currently at a fairly nice campground but my big peeve here? People, kids cutting boldly through our site. In my opinion, it's never ok to traipse through another site! We have a good size dog, we tie him up. At first Dh was all "grab the dog don't let him charge at people" well people kept waltzing through and I told Dh " let them risk it" the next person our dog barked and charged and the man was all flustered I just said " oh don't cut through we have a dog" still didn't stop the swamp thing....( one Mensa candidate tried to drive a golf cart through but our neighbor came out and said wtf!) I'm going to the office in the am and tell them I didn't pay good money to be in a major walkway and not be able to relax I'll be curious if they do anything

Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #506

Vintage RV Owners Club
noisy generators is a big issue where we stay ,big sign as you sign in, generators from 8 am to 8 pm ONLY. unless very quiet!
we just stayed with 6 friends and one had a new 6500 Honda diesal that we all plugged into.was nice.20 ft away could only hear a hum..i have a 5500 Onan that i wouldnt even start unless we are alone or no one near us.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #507

Ford Super Duty Owner
What really bugs me are unexpected park rules. Dump hose can not touch ground, dump hose must be enclosed in plastic pipe, dump hose must be disconnected and stored after every use and can't use our washing machine- must use parks.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #508
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
What really bugs me are unexpected park rules. Dump hose can not touch ground, dump hose must be enclosed in plastic pipe, dump hose must be disconnected and stored after every use and can't use our washing machine- must use parks.

Pretty dumb rules!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #509

Definitely people "cutting thru" our site. I can't believe adults do it, but yes they do! And busybody neighbours who act as management.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #510

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Wow! I hadn't heard of some of those. How do you enclose your hose in a plastic pipe?
Old 10-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #511

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
Definitely people "cutting thru" our site. I can't believe adults do it, but yes they do! And busybody neighbours who act as management.
Maybe invest in a role of yellow caution tape and run it down both sides of your site will give the clueless a hint.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #512
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
Maybe invest in a role of yellow caution tape and run it down both sides of your site will give the clueless a hint.
I was next to someone who had like 5 or 6 things they stuck into the ground, most were small flag-like poles but one with their name plaque, etc. You put enough junk in the way, people will no longer see that as a straight and clear path to where they are going to.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #513
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post

It don't make me no nevermind, unless they pinch a loaf on the way through

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #514

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are usually lake front where I like to park, and I'm inbetween the lake and the public restrooms in the campground, and I'll never let the DW know but I have never complained about the bikinis that pass through our site. (Maybe my DW doesn't complain either because they usually have men walking with them )
Old 10-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #515
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
We are usually lake front where I like to park, and I'm inbetween the lake and the public restrooms in the campground, and I'll never let the DW know but I have never complained about the bikinis that pass through our site. (Maybe my DW doesn't complain either because they usually have men walking with them )

You're a baaaaad boy!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #516

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
Currently at a fairly nice campground but my big peeve here? People, kids cutting boldly through our site. In my opinion, it's never ok to traipse through another site! We have a good size dog, we tie him up. At first Dh was all "grab the dog don't let him charge at people" well people kept waltzing through and I told Dh " let them risk it" the next person our dog barked and charged and the man was all flustered I just said " oh don't cut through we have a dog" still didn't stop the swamp thing....( one Mensa candidate tried to drive a golf cart through but our neighbor came out and said wtf!) I'm going to the office in the am and tell them I didn't pay good money to be in a major walkway and not be able to relax I'll be curious if they do anything
We thought about something like this https://www.amazon.com/Hoont8482-Pow...ated+Sprinkler Maybe connect it to the black tank instead of the fresh water supply
HD4Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #517

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post

We thought about something like this https://www.amazon.com/Hoont8482-Pow...ated+Sprinkler Maybe connect it to the black tank instead of the fresh water supply
Mark,

I love your sense of humor.

Works for me!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
interesting thought.

On one hand, it would surely repel those who would cross your site.

On the other hand, i'm not sure I would want to visit a site where this was used, even with an invitation. I suspect after a couple days with a system like this, not only trespassers would leave the area, but friends as well...

KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote