Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #99
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Dan yep, that's a good one .
Another is the o Es who merge onto the hiway , immediately go across several lanes to the far left lane .....
So they can make everyone behind them go that speed
There are certain car owners whose belief it is that their car will stall if it's in anything but the left lane. So I understand why they do that

They will stay in that left lane till the last 500 feet before their exit as well. In MA, I've seen that happen where they must cross 3 lanes of traffic and actually stop in the left lane waiting for the other lanes to let them cross over - which they do because so many other MA drivers do the same thing.

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #100

Hahaha! It takes all kinds.

My peeve is just the opposite. I call those who pile up in the left lane because they see "right lane closed ahead" the me-firsters. Especially those who decide they're going to block two lanes because they don't want anyone to pass them, even though there's a mile to go before the closure. Zippering is the law here in California. It's courteous, doesn't back up the highway unnecessarily, and works quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
How about the me-firsters who see the "right lane closed ahead" signs and while everyone is getting into the left lane, ready for the merge, the me-firster plows ahead and expects that when they reach the real merge point everyone should just let them in!

Old 03-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #101

Monaco Owners Club
Anytime I get fuel I get a receipt,hate it when I'm at a slef-service pump and it tells you "clerk has receipt".
Old 03-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #102

Monaco Owners Club
One more pet peeve that I forgot about. People who's trailer lights are not functioning properly, or worse, not functioning at all.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have self checkout lanes at the grocery store with no item limit. It gets me when a person by herself goes there when she has an over full cart. She has to stop part way through and go bag, then go scan see more, etc. It takes twice as long and holds everyone else up.

If I'm by myself with more than a few items I'll go to an attended checkout lane.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #104

Shoppers who can't return their carts to the collection point, but leave them right where they were unloaded.

And, I'm not sure I understand #70.
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #105

#70 is about people cruising in the left lane , has people behind them , & refuses to speed up or move over .
Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #106

People who don't turn their blinker on until they start to make the turn.

Jaye(Mn)
Mnflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #107

Jaye, yes that always gets me . I don't need your signal now , I can see your turning .
That's like telling me it's apple pie after I've started eating it.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #108

I think our pet peeve on the highway is moving left to let on a merger and then no one will let us back over. Even with our signal on, cars in the left lane parade around us in the right lane to pass us. Or the merging vehicle dawdles along beside us. If we speed up substantially to get around them and back over, the vehicle all of a sudden speed as up and passes us. Why didn't they just speed up in the first place? Believe me, we would rather be in the right lane than stuck out in the left lane.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:02 PM   #109

Thor Owners Club
I see too many people pulling travel trailers with their stock mirrors. They sure can't what's behind them.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bfree2camp View Post
I see too many people pulling travel trailers with their stock mirrors. They sure can't what's behind them.
That's why they swerve, going down the highway. They are checking behind them.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #111

What's your "pet peeve" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
"Creepers" irritate the stuffing out of me. As you approach a red light the car in front of me stops about 2 car lengths behind the car in front of him/her. Through the delay of the red light the creeper slowly moves ahead stopping periodically until they are behind the car on front of them. When the light changes they wait until the car in front of them is 2 or 3 car lengths ahead before they go with the flow.

Sometimes they don't creep, just sit there blocking the right turn lane while there's plenty of room to let the cars behind them make a right turn
😡
Old 03-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #112

This happened to me trying to make a left turn yesterday. The guy in the Tahoe stops 4 car-lengths back, and proceeds to clean his sunglasses and play with his (not too) smart phone, while the left turn signal blazed away. Even when people politely tapped on their horns, this bozo refused to go forward. &$@#$@!!@!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Sometimes they don't creep, just sit there blocking the right turn lane while there's plenty of room to let the cars behind them make a right turn
😡