Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #351

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Or those who say "google is your friend" when someone asks a legitimate question.
That actually might be the best answer one would get. I am amazed that many of the questions which could be answered accurately and quickly using a search engine aren't done that way. Factual questions will almost always get more accurate answers when a search engine is used. Opinion questions are a different story.

Google really is your friend!

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 05:13 PM   #352

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercity View Post
Now there's a bright idea!

We haven't seen cleanup or leash rules followed any any of the sites we've visited in the past three years.
My pet peeve is related - people who hike with their dogs on trails, bag poop, and LEAVE IT THERE. People people if you are going to leave it, don't bother bagging it then!! /rant over. I feel a little better. Ty.
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #353

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Or those who say "google is your friend" when someone asks a legitimate question.
Sometimes Google is your friend.

You might find the answer you need quicker than waiting on someone here to reply.

Not only Google, iRV2 search feature can be a quick route to the answer. Let's face it most questions have been asked many times before.

I always try to point people to the search feature, just to show them it's there for them. I don't leave them hanging though, I'll either answer their question if I know the answer or run the search for them and then post the link(s).

I think it's all in how you respond. I would never just reply Google is your friend.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #354

This is the kind of thing that gives all RVer's a bad name. I was on my way to So Cal this weekend and pulled into a rest stop off I-8 to stretch the legs. I noticed there was a dump station with a motor home pulled up to it. As we drove by, I noticed this guy had pulled up to the dump station, and got his sewer opening over the dump opening and just let er rip. Seriously, a TORRENT of human waste was cascading down and this guy just standing there like no big deal. GROSS! What is wrong with people? Was it really too much hassle to hook up the sewer hose?
Lou & Benecia 29 ft Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab Cummins Diesel 3:92 axle ratio
surferlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #355

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferlou View Post
This is the kind of thing that gives all RVer's a bad name. I was on my way to So Cal this weekend and pulled into a rest stop off I-8 to stretch the legs. I noticed there was a dump station with a motor home pulled up to it. As we drove by, I noticed this guy had pulled up to the dump station, and got his sewer opening over the dump opening and just let er rip. Seriously, a TORRENT of human waste was cascading down and this guy just standing there like no big deal. GROSS! What is wrong with people? Was it really too much hassle to hook up the sewer hose?
I should hope you (or someone else) stopped and took a photo of this with your cell phone, including the rig's license plate, and get it over to the authorities. If not, then nobody should complain when they find the dump station closed down or removed the next time they stop in.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #356

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferlou View Post
Rental unit? They do all kinds of unbelievable things. Banff/Jasper campgrounds seem to be majority rentals nowadays.
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #357

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Civil Servants who can't speak English!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
Civil Servants who can't speak English!
When places react poorly as we ask to speak to someone that can understand us first, that we can understand what they are trying to say, and most important has a clue as to what they are talking about...
Old 07-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texbeachbum View Post
When you ask a question on the boards and some one always has to tell you to read the manual. I thought these forums were to help. Why not just never ask for help just read the manual.
We often are guilty if this and the Google one as well.

But there is a difference...

Many folks ask questions that first may be too generic to a complicated issue that requires a lot more detail that would be difficult to explain without knowing more thus reading the manual helps the poster understand the conversation.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:51 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
Rental unit? They do all kinds of unbelievable things. Banff/Jasper campgrounds seem to be majority rentals nowadays.
Nope, not a rental unit. Just a lazy guy in his RV.
Lou & Benecia 29 ft Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab Cummins Diesel 3:92 axle ratio
surferlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #361

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post

I always try to point people to the search feature, just to show them it's there for them. I don't leave them hanging though, I'll either answer their question if I know the answer or run the search for them and then post the link(s).
You mean I shouldn't ask which is better, gas or diesel.

Seriously, I see posts that make you want to say something sarcastic but try to think that maybe they are new to RVing, excited about the topic or just never thought to search. Maybe they just want to start their own thread. I have used the search and got results that were not exactly what I was looking for and decided to start my own. I have also used it and found exactly what I wanted to know.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texbeachbum View Post
When you ask a question on the boards and some one always has to tell you to read the manual. I thought these forums were to help. Why not just never ask for help just read the manual.
My Manual says to read "in case no one on iRV2 has the answer", right on the first page!

Of course, that note is suspiciously in my own handwriting, but that is a different story for a different thread.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #363

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
My Manual says to read "in case no one on iRV2 has the answer", right on the first page!

Of course, that note is suspiciously in my own handwriting, but that is a different story for a different thread.
Haha, strange! My SIL has one that says, call my fatherinlaw! He thinks I know everything about his rig and will steer him to a solution! But, I have to do what he should do, ask google or if that fails ask on IRV2.
😁

Ray
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #364
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I know this has been mentioned, probably several times, but yesterday brought it up fresh on my mind.

We checked into the Birmingham South campground yesterday afternoon. In the early evening I wanted to check IRV2 and my e-mail accounts. The WiFi signal was excellent, a full five bars! I was not able to open anything! I waited 30-45 seconds for them to open and still nothing! Finally I gave up and used my I-Phone as a Hotspot, and they opened instantly!

Obviously half the people in the CG were streaming videos, totally wiping out the service for the rest of us!

Come on folks! This is ridiculous! Show a little consideration for your fellow RV'ers! If you want to stream video then you should be willing to pay for your own data!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote