Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2019, 10:29 PM   #15

As has been demonstrated by the testimonials and displays of many successful and favorite products for polishing aluminum wheels, I add my wheel polishing best friend, White Diamond Metal Polish with Long Lasting Sealant.

After visiting a friend whose idea of a fun time, is to travel to a destination and spend lots of time cleaning and polishing his motorhome, his wheels made my wheels look like they were painted silver from an aerosol can.

I wanted my wheels to look like his, but I had found myself to be less motivated to work as hard as it must have been to make his wheels shine like mirrors, too cheap to pay somebody else to polish them and finally resigned myself to look in the automotive section for something that looked fast, cheap and effective. As the old saying goes, pick two.

I was in Walmart one day and wandered down the automotive beauty aisle and picked up this bottle of polish that stood out on the shelf only because I did not recognize it as a brand I had ever seen. It promised to be easy with great results. Apply in circles until the rag turns black, let it sit for one minute and wipe off with a clean rag. Two other promises caught my eye; it smells like vanilla and for an encore, polishes headlights! So, for about the same cost as 4 gallons of diesel in California, $15.00, I took a bottle home with me. I followed the instructions to rub on, wait one minute and wipe off. I was then and am still amazed at the results. The more I use this product, the quicker it works and the shine improves. The fact that it smells like vanilla is a step up from most chemical tools, but it actually did make my headlights look new as promised, without any more effort than on the wheels. I have no desire to enter a wheel polishing rub off, but just wanted to share this product that met my goal of getting lots of result for little effort; not the formula that got me to retirement, but one that I am willing use to make life enjoyable in retirement.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/9c1...d&odnBg=ffffff
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
I have used a variety of polishes on aluminum over the years.I have had good results with Mothers mag polish or Nevrdull polish.Best results however are with Simichrome polish.As said aluminum needs to be raw,no clear coat or powercoat.
Semichrome is the best for polishing aluminum. The Mothers Ball works great for polishing.
JUS1MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
You can put a small amount of polish on a cloth. If it doesn’t turn back after rubbing the wheel for a short time, you have coated wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Dennis, How do I tell if my Alcoa's are coated? They are 26 years old and need a good washing before I determine how to polish.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #18

White diamond for me.
There are several very good Aluminum polishes.
We have tried .ost of them since the 60s on horse trailers, boats and airstream rvs.
After all that.
I have used White Diamond the past 6 years.
Is there a ( Best )
I don't think so.

Preferred personal choise In my opinion.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
White diamond for me.
There are several very good Aluminum polishes.
We have tried .ost of them since the 60s on horse trailers, boats and airstream rvs.
After all that.
I have used White Diamond the past 6 years.
Is there a ( Best )
I don't think so.

Preferred personal choice In my opinion.
All of your statement is pretty darned accurate. For those that have true experience with multiple polishes, yes, you'll see very, very close high end results in many of them. One chooses which of these polishes works for them and, if they are happy with the end result, great. If not, well, time to venture out and pick up another polish/paste and see how that one works. I will say though, always, ALWAYS USE good, clean, soft-type cloths for both application and buffing. There are some cloths out there that will counteract all your efforts simply because, the cloths are putting IN scratches that you are trying to remove.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote