Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When do you?

I'm thinking of putting the Summer air; back in my tires early this year" ? What do you think!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #2

I usually use the multi-seasonal air. It cost a little more than the single season air, but I think it's worth it.

BTW, does anyone know of a good place to buy fire-proof pickles. My local store stopped carrying them, however they still do have a good supply of dietetic shampoo.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I prefer the all-season natural nitrogen. That way you don't have to worry about the solar flux or magnetic flux index when traveling north or south.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I prefer the all-season natural nitrogen. That way you don't have to worry about the solar flux or magnetic flux index when traveling north or south.

Ken
You can now buy defluxed air in either shorts or quarts. It prevents all the problems you can have with high-flux-charged air like shortness of pants and high stools. It is also latitude and longitude netural. A real benifit when travelling sideways.

[God, I hope damdannyboy wasn't serious]
Old 02-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
how does all this affect the price of potato's
bianj
Old 02-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #6

I prefer the Artic Air Charge, this helps combat the desert heat in summer months so tires run much cooler.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahon1993 View Post
I usually use the multi-seasonal air. It cost a little more than the single season air, but I think it's worth it.

BTW, does anyone know of a good place to buy fire-proof pickles. My local store stopped carrying them, however they still do have a good supply of dietetic shampoo.
Walmart has those pickles you're looking for. I saw them in between the cordless extension cords and microwave freezers.

BTW: I hope you guys aren't wasting all that perfectly good air from last year. I like to recycle it and use it to make balloon animals for the kiddo's
Old 02-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #8

I prefer to run Canadian Aire in my 5er tires. It seems to keep the tires cooler. BTW, it is not affected by north, south, sideways travelling or altitude. Made in Canada, not China.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m2 View Post
I prefer to run Canadian Aire in my 5er tires. It seems to keep the tires cooler. BTW, it is not affected by north, south, sideways travelling or altitude. Made in Canada, not China.
Better check the label again...I bet it's imported
Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdmoore View Post
Walmart has those pickles you're looking for. I saw them in between the cordless extension cords and microwave freezers.

BTW: I hope you guys aren't wasting all that perfectly good air from last year. I like to recycle it and use it to make balloon animals for the kiddo's

Great, I'll have to check at wal-Mart. Maybe they have that solar powered flashlight Iv'e been looking for too.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I hate to brag...but, this summer we will be traveling in the mountains of the Northeast. I just installed a decompression activator actuator with the optional silicate canister for our on board air compressor. It's suppose to compensate for changes in altitude and maintain a preset constant tire pressure in all tires. It also offers a power assist on opening/closing the rear lavatory toilet seat, depending on the position of the pressure switch. The DW LOVES this feature. It's still on sale at Tractor Supply and located in the back next to the male bovine solids dept. Have a great Spring everyone! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
I's love to fill my tires with Canadian air again, especially with the high price of traveling sideways on the Oregon coast, but with the falter dollar and the high price of doonies and loonies, who can afford it!
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's still on sale at Tractor Supply and located in the back next to the male bovine solids dept. Have a great Spring everyone! Bob

I am so glad I bought stock in baloney because it seems to be rising by the minute.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't bring any of that d#@* air down here to Florida.