Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
Latest numbers from Boston are 3 dead, including an 8 year old boy. Numerous injured are listed in critical condition.
The official report was 12 dead and 141 being treated. But I'm betting that the true count is being held back right now.

Here's the link: http://www.examiner.com/article/bost...th-toll-now-12

The FBI is now leading the investigation so we may never know the truth!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The "crazies" of the world that hate us for what ever reason want to drag us down to their level by using terrorism. This is probably just the start of the real "push", the actual start was 9/11

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #17
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ban this, ban that, ban them, ban, ban, ban, and while you are at it, ban spoons, they are making me fat.

Also, about 10 p.m. central time USA Today reports 3 dead (including the 8 year old boy), and 141 injured.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I'd bet that this one's homegrown, possibly "in honor of" the upcoming anniversaries of Waco and Oklahoma City.

I Really doubt it was anything to do or celebrate ok city or waco, home grown i give a 2% chance, but.
cnn was very irresponsible by saying it was right wing factions or the tea party, took them less than an hr to come to that conclusion.

more reality is foreign entity or one that evokes others
the boston marathon has persons from ALL OVER the world and it gives some the greatest chance of placing harm upon persons from many places that are not friendly to radical islam
period

using ball bearings and nails is good way to cause lots of harm....i am waiting to see if the ball bearings or other shrapnel has evidence of rat poison or feces,
first does stop you from clotting once your injured and the second can cause serious staph infections
either way its a terrible thing and place that we have to live with the possibility of these kind of attacks

my heart goes out to the victims, especially the children, the 3 yr old that was killed, really pulled the heart strings
hopefully those responsible are caught and die a very horrible slow death.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #19

Betcha this is domestic, small group. Nobody's taken credit yet. AQ, or other organized terrorists, would have taken credit right away, but they pretty much know if you do something on US soil, we're coming to get you, and we're bringing an ass-whoopin with us. The only old guy left is Zwahiri, and he's layin real low lest the Reapers find him.

Judges, prosecutors, sheriffs have all been targeted lately, makes me wonder if it's part of something bigger, but not really well coordinated, like folks just taking the opportunity.....

The bombs were low-energy, lots of white smoke, probably kitchen chemicals, maybe even black powder - "boom!" instead of "bang!". Pros wouldn't have gone to all the effort and take all the risk for bombs that go off in a huge dense crowd and cause so (relatively) little carnage.

Not trying to minimize what went on, just look at what happens with the same situations in other troubled places - it's usually a LOT worse.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #20

Pres. George Bush had it right when he said he wanted to us as a kinder gentler nation. What had been something you would see in the less civilized parts of the world has happpened here.

The era of rational discourse and reason has been replaced by rage. We are now pitted against each other baited by epithets like libtards, right wing wackos, and other labels designed to make you superior and the other guy dumb because they don't think the same. We have legions of people who believe the media as if it was the truth and have no tolerance for differering opinions. We can't talk about anything without it deteriorating into namecalling and worse, violence.

Sad to say but now we have a increasing group of people that consider themselves soveriegn citizens. People who believe such terrible things about our country like we blew up the WTC ourselves or faked the Sandy Hook school shootings based on some nonsensical conspiracy. We have lost faith in our country to do right and and lost our sense of national identity as Americans.

It's sad to see violence become common place, that the gun and the bomb become a way to make a point, and that killing your fellow man will make others sypathetic to your views. The boiling rage of twisted thought inspires these actions.

These misguided individuals, fueled by the hate being whipped up, seek to divide us all. Whether foriegn or domestic, the mad bombers take advantage of our freedom and seek to bring us down.
jamesgr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #21

Very sad and gets me very angry. Will it ever stop? Probably not as long as there are crazy people willing to do these things without regard to any human life, even an 8-year old boy. I think most of us humans want to live peaceably, but I've believed for a long time there is a very thin line between peace or anarchy, and given the right circumstances, anarchy could become the norm. I guess I'm a half-empty kind of guy.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #22
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One thing for certain, the news media reporting was all screwed up as usual in the beginning. They need to wait until fact are in.

I'm also tired of all the talking heads on TV.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #23

After seeing the videos of the Boston bombings I was amazed to see the yellow coated "security people" who lined the roadway, that they were looking at the runners and not looking into the crowd!!!!!!!!!!! I guess they didn't want to miss the race, but sure made it easy for the bombers to walk around.

The next thing was it was said that in London, after the bombings there that the Security people there replaced the light trash cans that the bombs were placed in with heavier explosion proof models. HELLO BOSTON SECURITY PEOPLE........... TIME TO WAKE UP!!!!!

I do believe that some people in Boston need to be sent down the road.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm sorry but it's oh so easy to Monday Morning Quarter back
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #25

Just common sense Johnny, just common sense
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's not just your reply.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #27

I get tired of the media and everybody else calling these people "cowards" More like "Wannabee" punks who want to out-do the previous no-life puke. It's call suicide-by-cop. Get it over with and leave the rest of us alone.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I get tired of the media and everybody else calling these people "cowards" More like "Wannabee" punks who want to out-do the previous no-life puke. It's call suicide-by-cop. Get it over with and leave the rest of us alone.
100%

US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote