Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ladies,

My name is Lynne and I post almost every day. We do not own our MH yet but are actively looking as I retire in 32 1/2 months and am ready to hit the road. I came here after a patient told me about this site and have been learning ever since.

I am on several threads with mostly guys but they are great! Everyone is helpful and answer any questions I ask. I have a lot to learn. I have driven several MHs, towed a pop-up and tented in the past. My DH has never driven a MH but has done the rest.

I look up old threads, read others, and comment on several. Love the vintage section, full-time section, and several others. Good people here.

Look forward to getting our MH so we can become a more active part of this good group.

Lynne / Female
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #16

I've wondered the same thing. It does seem that the men post more. But, in our family, I research, read and post more. I pass the information on to my hubby on a need to know basis. If we've had an issue with something, he needs to know what everyone else has said about it, or how they have fixed it. As far as driving the motorhome…never. I'm the navigator & have no interest in driving the beast or even looking at all that engine stuff. I do like to learn how things work…and when possible how to fix something ourselves. (other than the engine) We enjoy traveling & have started spending winters in the south. I guess that makes us snow-birds. Making our get away home comfortable & efficient is important…So, I enjoy the threads relating to that.
BTW, I'm Becky. John is my hubby. We're retired teachers…so, Schools Out fits us.
schools out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #17

Know something? I almost never notice the gender of posters, and when I do discover one is of the feminine sex I am surprised. Most of the posters here are RVers, with little need to separate as to gender. All questions--and answers--come from RVers.

I think it is a good thing, as all are treated as equals.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #18

We are here, however dont check the forums like we used to....too busy exploring the USA
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #19

I have only posted a few times, but I'm on this site nearly every day. I am a shy lurker at heart, I guess!
My DH doesn't post at all, but sends me to search for information. IRV2 is the best source of info with the best people.
We are planning on going fun time as soon as we can sell our "sticks and bricks!"
Lostlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #20

KZ RV Club
I think when there is a couple with one login that it's automatically assumed it's the man posting - it's me 99.99% of the time!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm here! I do all the posting as DH doesn't like to use the keyboard. I relate info to him and he often has me to post comments for him. I'm the one to do most of the searching for info. This site is fantastic.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #22

I do all the posting , Judy.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #23

Hey Ladies! It's good to meet you.

I'm on a boxer forum and a horse forum and it seems on those, that there are more gals that post so I was just curious how many were on iRV2.

This is a huge site with great members that are willing to help anyone with any question. I can't offer much help on technical questions but add what I can where I can.

Like school's out, I am the navigator. I tell DH "where to go" and I give directions too. I man the GPS, The Next Exit (love that, btw) and figure out where we can get fuel, how far to the rest stops & overnight stops. I take a lot of pics while we're on the road so I am the photographer too. DH never wanted me to drive the gasser we had because it was a wrestling match trying to keep it on the road but now that we have the DP, I am hopeful that I'll get a turn behind the wheel!

Somehow, learning the different systems has also fallen on me. I think I've got the Oasis system figured out (for now) but the electrical system is still a mystery even though I've been reading a lot about it. I'm hoping the inverter is smarter than me and knows what to do & when.

DH is pretty handy and can do a lot of the maintenance & "fix it" things which is great. He also makes a great margarita.

I love RVing and seeing the USA. We aren't full timers and can't be gone from the S&B for months at a time but have several trips we're planning. I hope to meet you gals along the way.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Another female here...hubby doesn't look at this site. I do drag him around with me. It's my toy, my responsibility. ( He does help with it as I still consider myself a beginner and learner...) We pull one of his toys behind us sometimes. Not a full timer, no plans to do so. Love the vintage section, do some lurking in the technical areas to learn, and pose questions occasionally.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #25

Hi, I'm here too. Just me in my rPod RP171. Got 8 states last summer and looking fora few more.

Brandi

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
I'm here. I know my handle is confusing, which is why I sometimes sign my posts using my name. I always post threads and reply by myself as I am a solo rver. Been full time for about 3 years, have always been surprised to find so few females that either full time or even drive the RVs.

Kaye
Hi Kaye!

I'm also a single female full timer it will be 4 years next month and I can't imagine any other lifestyle. I travel with a capuchin monkey and small dog. We spend winters near Tampa, Florida and summers in Seattle. Spring and Fall we travel between the 2 and enjoy this wonderful country.

I mainly hang out on this thread --> http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/r-u-a...oo-157739.html A bunch of us mutants are getting together in Hot Springs, AR this week to have fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
DH is pretty handy and can do a lot of the maintenance & "fix it" things which is great. He also makes a great margarita.
Like Karen, my DH is also the "fix it" guy but instead of margaritas, he's known for his mean dry martinis... with blue cheese stuffed olives.

As others have said, I do the lurking/posting here and forward important info to DH. He does a lot of research about the technical info, but doesn't have time for blogs. I'm the planner/navigator and help with the driving just a bit. We sold our previous MH several years ago and will pick up our new Dutch Star in 3 weeks. We heard about irv2 from another MH owner recently and we're so thankful for all the helpful info!

Enjoy your travels!
Linda
2 hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Ladies,

Was happy to see that there are several Ladies who are on here. How many of you do your own repairs whether mechanical or interior? I am pretty good with interior stuff since we have remodeled every home we have been in but the mechanical I am going to have to learn. I guess the fact I WANT to learn will help here but suspect I will still be limited as to what I will be able to do.

I love the camping lifestyle and look forward to it. How many of you have W/D's in your rigs? Haven't used a laundramat in so long not sure about that. Is it a big issue to you. Just wondering since I am looking and have not bought yet how important that is to have on my list.

Well, hope to talk with ya later, have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote