Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #43

We have stacked washer/dryer in our new to us coach and I think I like it! A lot of the camping we do is for only 4-5 nights and mostly without sewer so I won't use them a lot. I have once though and was impressed with how much they hold. The spin cycle shakes the coach though but I'll definitely put them to work on our long trip this summer.

Knock on wood, we've not had a lot of mechanical issues with any of the RVs we've owned. The one biggie we had was the engine fan not coming on when it was supposed to and I found what the problem was here on iRV2. Does that count? LOL!

Afubar, we have 2 boxers that camp with us. They love to go and are one reason we went with a Class A.

Kaybothel, welcome to iRV2!

traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Yep. Gotta keep some estrogen in here so the guys don't run amok with it.

Hubby discovered this forum way back when it was an itty bitty thing with about 5000 registered members. But it's my user name/avatar & I'm the one who does all the posting. I guess I yak enough, they made me an Administrator. Only a few hundred posts more 'til I earn my blue flame.

I drive the coach (on occasion), driven the TT/SUV, 5-r/truck prior & with the generous help of our members, have been able to do a fix or two. Co-chaired 2 iRV2 Nat'l rallies & it's pretty much me deciding where/when we go in the Bounder.

This is the best Forum for RV-rs, IMO...especially us gals. Everyone's so helpful.

Lori-
Lori,
I bet lots of the gals on here would like to learn how to make photo albums on here like yours. Are you up to sharing how to do it or where we could find the directions?
Thanks!!!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Hello ladies, and gentlemen too! I post and read a lot, occasionally taking a lead off the DH if he has a question. Mostly though it's me. I'm trying to understand all this just like the men!
Linda
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #46
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks. Actually you can find the basic instructions under the FAQ tab / General Forum Usage / Albums and Pictures. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

I put my campground photos in alphabetical order - but the software lists them by an assigned number. The trick to that was putting them in a number sequence far enough apart so as I create other albums that alphabetically insert between ones I already have, I don't have to completely renumber the entire list. Learned that the hard way.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here's another female poster. When my husband has a question, he asks me to post it. We both do lots of reading on the forum, and always get lots of fantastic ideas here. I have just started getting comfortable driving our class A. We both still work full time so do not get to travel as much as we want. But I am looking forward to some long weekends soon. I recently adopted a cat this past winter and we hope to take him with us on our travels. We have never traveled with an animal before so it will be a new experience.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #48

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning Ladies,

Was happy to see that there are several Ladies who are on here. How many of you do your own repairs whether mechanical or interior? I am pretty good with interior stuff since we have remodeled every home we have been in but the mechanical I am going to have to learn. I guess the fact I WANT to learn will help here but suspect I will still be limited as to what I will be able to do.

I love the camping lifestyle and look forward to it. How many of you have W/D's in your rigs? Haven't used a laundramat in so long not sure about that. Is it a big issue to you. Just wondering since I am looking and have not bought yet how important that is to have on my list.

Well, hope to talk with ya later, have a great day! Lynne
I'm between TTs now but I do most of the repairs on my mobile home. I used to do all of them but I've gotten too old, not to mention I'm now handicapped, to do any of the heavy stuff anymore.

One of the must haves for my next TT will be to have a W/D.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #49

We purchased our first ever RV in 2012 and the DH subscribed to this forum. We learned a lot. In the last year, he has mostly been reading and posting to his jeep forum and I took this one over. Finally subscribed on my own just a few weeks back so he wouldn't get "blamed" for my posts.

I check in mostly in the mornings and some evenings, look for interesting posts in "recent activity" and then I'll check the "camping forums".
Old 04-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
We have stacked washer/dryer in our new to us coach and I think I like it! A lot of the camping we do is for only 4-5 nights and mostly without sewer so I won't use them a lot. I have once though and was impressed with how much they hold. The spin cycle shakes the coach though but I'll definitely put them to work on our long trip this summer.

Knock on wood, we've not had a lot of mechanical issues with any of the RVs we've owned. The one biggie we had was the engine fan not coming on when it was supposed to and I found what the problem was here on iRV2. Does that count? LOL!

Afubar, we have 2 boxers that camp with us. They love to go and are one reason we went with a Class A.

Kaybothel, welcome to iRV2!

Hey there, Lord I can't imagine 2 boxers. One is all I can handle at a time, LOL. Mine is a big boy and has taken me off my feet a few times. (85 lbs) I'd never survive 2.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Another woman here. I like to look at forums and get ideas. DH is more of the type to investigate a specific issue when it arises.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Penster,

I saw a MH a while back where the people had two cats. They did not want to deal with the "litter box" and odors upstairs so they did something a bit unusual. They found a basement storage unit that was under the table upstairs, A hole was cut into the floor and a ramp put down into the basement compartment.

They had a local company make a crate like door that fit into the basement room that could allow the door to the basement be left up and the cats could come into the litter box room and not escape but be able to get fresh air. It also allowed for cleaning from outside so the smell and mess was kept outside of the MH.

It was a nice setup. If you are going to full time or travel a lot might want to think about it.

Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:57 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thanks. Actually you can find the basic instructions under the FAQ tab / General Forum Usage / Albums and Pictures. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

I put my campground photos in alphabetical order - but the software lists them by an assigned number. The trick to that was putting them in a number sequence far enough apart so as I create other albums that alphabetically insert between ones I already have, I don't have to completely renumber the entire list. Learned that the hard way.

Lori-
Great albums, Lori! Thanks for the helpful info.

Iím pretty new to irv2 and didnít know about that feature, so I started adding my MH photos to my shutterfly.com site. Itís free and easy. Users can add multiple albums with captions, etc. I may also use it as a travel blog, but havenít looked into that because we don't have our MH yet... just 3 more weeks.

I posted photos of our MH production that were taken by the factory customer service. The current photos are fun for DH and I to see the progress, but looking forward to better photos soon!

I also started using Pinterest.com recently. For those who are not familiarÖ itís a good site to share photos (your own as well as others), traveling suggestions, links to helpful websites, etc. You have to join and they do send suggested ďpinsĒ by email, but no annoying ads. Several of the suggestions that I received were interesting. I avoid adding too many pins and boards to my page, but some people have hundreds. I also added a link to Pinterest on my shutterfly page.

Linda
2 hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:51 AM   #54

The online album discussion is interesting! I didn't know about the Photo options on iRV2 either. Guess I should click more buttons.

I use Photobucket for pics or share uploaded pics via Facebook but I like the old timey real photos too! I make albums for each trip and as it evolves, it becomes more scrapbook like. I keep brochures/flyers/pamphlets from the NPs, SPs & attractions and incorporate parts of them along with stickers & comments. I also make a DVD using Cyberlink PowerDirector. It's fairly easy to use and I can add music, video clips, titles, special effects, etc.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, I take a LOT of pics & vids using an SL1 Canon, a P&S Canon & my cell phone. We also have a GoPro that takes amazingly good pics and DH uses his cell too to take pics. I have thousands of pics to go through which takes months! I keep sort of a journal and try to make entries every night while on a trip which really helps when I'm creating the albums.

My parents made many many trips across the US in all directions but usually "West" and I make an album for them much like the one I make for us so I wind up making TWO. Dad is no longer with us but Mom just loves looking at the pics and the DVDs.

Does anyone else make DVDs &/or 3D photo albums in addition to digital albums? What do you add to make it interesting?
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi, another lady checking in. Found IRV2 by accident about 2 years ago while looking for something that had gone wrong with our Rv while I was living in it by myself. Full time but stationary. Surprised at the things that break even when there is no motion. When my DH and I bought a new to us DP,Figured that I should at least join. I hang out in the Newmar forum a lot , but have been branching out to other areas. We aren't full timeers, but plan to travel as much as we can. We travel with a Pug who seems to enjoy the travels. I drive every where except pulling in to spots or for fuel. Call me chicken. I had the W/D pulled and will be getting a pantry built in. 3 loads in 8 hrs and crispy sheets was not my idea of good time management. Pantry is a better use of the space.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Darn phone. Any ways it is great to see so many other ladies out there. Hopefully will meet you somewhere along the way. I know I tell folks all the time about this site.
Linda,Lynn (dh) and Tank
2007 Essex
Whitney Tx