Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #57

Great to see so many of us on here! My DH posts under his own and I obviously have my own sign-in. We are usually interested in different subjects but do a lot of reading of posts to each other.

We travel with our 3 cats. One loves the drive, the other 2 tolerate it. When we are set up, they check out the scenery from various windows. They are indoor kitties but we travel with harnesses & carriers in case of emergency.

We have the Splendide washer/dryer setup. It came with the rig. I'd prefer a stacked unit, but have learned to use it. I like having it in the rig & not having to use the laundryrooms. Some are great, some not so much.

DH is retired Navy so we like to use the military cgs. Also have Passport America that sure comes in handy as we travel.

I've learned so much from the posts. Great ideas & even some laughs. I hope to meet some other fellow irv2ers as we travel!

3catstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are two lady campers in our sixth season of enjoying the outdoors and traveling in an RV. I do the maintenance, cooking and outdoor set up, spouse does the cleaning and indoor set up. We have a lot of fun, and look forward to every trip. We won't be home on any weekend until mid-October!

Elizabeth

virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Another female in the group. Husband drives, I take care of communication!
Old 04-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi. I'm new to the group, just bought my RV in February. Being a single woman, I get lots of looks but I'm rather proud of this uniqueness! I'm still working so I'm taking RV trips on weekends and vacation time. I plan to retire in about 20 months and plan to do a cross country trip. My dog already goes with me now but I'll need to take my cat with me on the cross country. Any tips for long term travel with my kitty?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynellis View Post
Any tips for long term travel with my kitty?
We full-timed with 2 cats and a St. Bernard. One of the cats would hide as soon as the engine started, vomit after about 15 minutes of travel and then only come out once we stopped- the other would sleep on the dashboard while we traveled along and periodically come over to the driver's seat and drape herself over my arms and the steering wheel (not a good idea, actually).

They're all different, but they all get accustomed.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #62

Looks like there are a lot of us here!

We've never taken our cats but thought about it. I'd be afraid we'd not get the door closed and they'd get out and we'd never see them again. I've seen several cats in RVs and out on leashes over the years we've been camping.
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #63

We purchased our "new to us" MH in July of last year. I've been reading on here quite a bit. Trying to learn. At my house I'm the maintenance guy! Have our first big trip planned this summer when we take grandkids to Yellowstone. Looking forward to retiring so we can really travel. I drive some. I drove a school bus for a few years so I'm good with that. And I love my stacked washer/dryer, not so much the splendide we had in the TT.
TRNewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:25 AM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome aboard everyone. Great to see the ladies as this is a big forum with a lot of subjects. I wish my cat could go with us too. I also worry about her hiding in bad places and numerous ways to have her disappear. I am not in the RV much. She's a true scardy cat. I think I will have to pick my trauma, keeping her home or traveling with us!;0.

We knew a gal, Roby, who was single and camped often. She would even drive to the beach locally for the weekend just to have a true weekend off.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:39 AM   #65

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNewsom View Post
We purchased our "new to us" MH in July of last year. I've been reading on here quite a bit. Trying to learn. At my house I'm the maintenance guy! Have our first big trip planned this summer when we take grandkids to Yellowstone. Looking forward to retiring so we can really travel. I drive some. I drove a school bus for a few years so I'm good with that. And I love my stacked washer/dryer, not so much the splendide we had in the TT.
We are also heading to Yellowstone this year. We will be picking up our Daughter and two grandsons at the airport in Bozeman and then staying in W. Yellowstone in July. Can't wait as we do not get to see them very often since they live on the other side of the country. Enjoy your time with your grands.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Ladies,

For you people with cats. I am animal lover. Saw a video once on these people who traveled with two cats. They did NOT want the litter box smell and gravel up top in the MH so they came up with an interesting alternative.

Under their table there was a basement storage bay they didn't really need for storage. They hired some guy to drill a hole from under their table into the basement storage. They had him build a ramp down into the basement bay. They also had him build a door (like on a crate or cat carrier) that they could access from the outside so they could clean the litter box that was stored inside the basement bay

The outside basement door was left on but the crate door was just inside of this. He built a box type thing over the hole under the table. It had a door. When they were moving in and out of the MH they could shut the cats down inside the bay to keep them from getting out and escaping. It also is a nice dark place for your cat to hide if they are scared.

When you are sitting outside (this was on the passenger side) the basement door can be up and the cats can sit down there and be by you and get fresh air. They said the cats enjoyed having this open all the time so they could check out their area.

Maybe this would be an answer for those of you with cats. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:23 AM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
None of my cats have enjoyed car rides...but they want to claim the Moho as their territory when it is being loaded/unloaded. We don't have room for 2 cats, dog, and 2 of us in ours...so cats stay home when we go. Not sure they would want to be in the Moho if it were moving anyway....
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #68

Hi, I guess I am also a lurker. Many of the posts I find too technical for my interests, and many relate to motor homes. We have a fifth wheel and boondock for 6 months on BLM land in Arizona so I only come to this site a couple of times a month to catch up
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Paul and Lorraine,

Under Forum there is a boondocking forum and under RV Forum is a fifth wheel forum.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #70
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by robynellis View Post
Hi. I'm new to the group, just bought my RV in February. Being a single woman, I get lots of looks but I'm rather proud of this uniqueness! I'm still working so I'm taking RV trips on weekends and vacation time. I plan to retire in about 20 months and plan to do a cross country trip. My dog already goes with me now but I'll need to take my cat with me on the cross country. Any tips for long term travel with my kitty?
There are a lot of good ideas on this forum -->

RV'ing with Pets - iRV2 Forums

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote