Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
We take our cats on all our trailer trips. They go in the truck while traveling. When we are parked, they go into the trailer. One loves it, and the other tolerates it. We felt so guilty when we used to leave them at home, even with a neighborhood kid who would come over and take care of them. Even though one of them isn't thrilled with the trailer, I think they prefer it to being by themselves at home.

We put the litter box under the bed. DH cut a whole in the "siding" between the supports. It works great! The bed is one of those that raise up for storage, and the cat box fits there well. It is easy to pull out and clean daily - no smells.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #72

Great ideas on how to deal with litter boxes! How do you keep them from escaping when entering & exiting the coach? Our cats are used to being able to go outside when they want to at the house. One goes for walks with us and the dogs and his stubby little legs keep up with us for our mile or more walks. That's Earl. Callie likes being in the house more than Earl and she rarely gets out of the yard but I'm afraid that if either got out in a strange place, they'd freak and we'd never see them again.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:26 PM   #73

Gary and I share the same log-in. I do lots more reading then posting, and if Gary has a question I post it for him. I think form now on I will put my name at the end like other so that they know Gary is asking a stupid question not me

4 years are going to go by so slow untill we sell the house and buy our new to us dream DP. Really eyeballing the 2015 Vantana, maybe when its time to buy one in 2019 we can find a 2015 Vantana in our price range.

-Jennifer
G-JLD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #74

Vintage RV Owners Club
Another reason I hesitate to take the cats is because a long time ago when I was in highschool, my folks brought my cat with them to see me in TX where I was in a girls reform school, and on the trip home, spooky got out of the camper and was frightened by the semi's, so though they searched for hours for him, they never found him. I can't let that happen again.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:02 PM   #75
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-JLD9 View Post
...4 years are going to go by so slow untill we sell the house and buy our new to us dream DP. Really eyeballing the 2015 Vantana, maybe when its time to buy one in 2019 we can find a 2015 Vantana in our price range.

-Jennifer
That's almost exactly our plan! We're at about 5 years out from selling the S&B & getting our DP. We will be looking for a 2015-2016 DutchStar or AC Revolution then.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:38 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
That's almost exactly our plan! We're at about 5 years out from selling the S&B & getting our DP. We will be looking for a 2015-2016 DutchStar or AC Revolution then.

Lori-
I have not been in side a 2015 Dutch Star yet (looks fantastic from the brochure we like the 3736 or 4018), the sticker price kinda scares me because I just might like it too much and my needs vs wants list will go out the window. I really would like a side ratiator since I will be doing all the maintenance my self and who doesn't like more HP. If when the house sells and we get more then we are thinking we will get; then just maybe a 2015 will be in our buget.

I think I will go ask that question in the Newmar group since we really want to by our last DP first.

Look at me Im posting more already

Jennifer
Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #77

Forest River Owners Club
Location: Texican Borderlands-South of where I want to be but North of Hell
Lurkers are Ladies, too. Know lots of women who solo RV. Pilot a 35 ft and so enjoy the looks when a 5 ft 2 steps out of the cab. On lookers keep watching for the Man.
kember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-JLD9 View Post
I have not been in side a 2015 Dutch Star yet (looks fantastic from the brochure we like the 3736 or 4018), the sticker price kinda scares me because I just might like it too much and my needs vs wants list will go out the window. I really would like a side ratiator since I will be doing all the maintenance my self and who doesn't like more HP. If when the house sells and we get more then we are thinking we will get; then just maybe a 2015 will be in our buget.

I think I will go ask that question in the Newmar group since we really want to by our last DP first.

Look at me Im posting more already

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,

DH and I will be going for the factory delivery of our DS4018 in a week. Very excited, of course! We've heard rave reviews about Newmar's quality, so we were pleased that they make a 40' tag axle. I think Newmar is currently the only company that makes a tag shorter than 42’. Regarding the sticker price... from what I've read, most buyers manage to get a 20-30% discount.

Great to hear about women doing maintenance! The Newmar group is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They appear to be able to answer all questions.

Linda
2 hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:51 AM   #79

Linda,

Congrats on your coach!!! The floor plan looks amazing. I know you'll be excited to see it but don't be so excited that you forget to take pics & show us!

It's great to know so many gals solo! I'm not but think I could if my situation was different.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #80

Vintage RV Owners Club
I only solo occasionally but will more as my confidence grows....
Old 05-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Linda,

Congrats on your coach!!! The floor plan looks amazing. I know you'll be excited to see it but don't be so excited that you forget to take pics & show us!

It's great to know so many gals solo! I'm not but think I could if my situation was different.
Thanks Karen! I have a question, as a newbie to irv2. I just started a thread about an exciting program (Tents for Troops) onto the Newmar forum. I think it may be of interest here as well. How do I copy the post onto other forums?

Thanks,
Linda
2 hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #82

Vintage RV Owners Club
Open a new tab to where you want to put the post...and go back to your old tab and click quote and then copy that and go to the new tab click on post and paste it into that box.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 hikers View Post
Hi Jennifer,

DH and I will be going for the factory delivery of our DS4018 in a week. Very excited, of course! We've heard rave reviews about Newmar's quality, so we were pleased that they make a 40' tag axle. I think Newmar is currently the only company that makes a tag shorter than 42’. Regarding the sticker price... from what I've read, most buyers manage to get a 20-30% discount.

Great to hear about women doing maintenance! The Newmar group is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They appear to be able to answer all questions.

Linda
Linda,

I truly enjoy my profession as a heavy equipment mechanic and sure is going to come in handy when we are full timing. Im also a maintenance instructor for the Army Reserves and the female soldiers are some of my best students. I think its because they take the time to read the manuals in stead of just winging it

We are planning a trip to the Newmar factory for a tour this summer, cant wait to see how the rigs are put togeather. Going to go to a Newmar dealer this weekend to look at the Vantana vs Dutch Star.

Factory delivery look like such a fun option that if we buy new that would definatily be on the must have list. I bet its hard to sleep at night your so excited about next week, I know I couldnt sleep. It would be like the day before you get to go to Disney Land. Have fun!

Jennifer
Old 05-10-2015, 05:55 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there on IRV2!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote