Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

Where did the time go?

Here it is, October 7. and we have yet to take the MH out. In March I had surgery for an abdominal aortic anuerysm. After several months of convalescence, I made some wanted changes to update the interior of the MH. August, I have a timeshare week at the beach, so didn't use it. Setember, my father-in-law hospitalized for lung cancer surgery. What should have been a 5 days in-and-out, turned into 3 weeks of daily 100 mile round trips while he steadily went down hill. Late September, my father-in-law died and we are dealing with settling the estate, selling of possessions and going thru the house trying to locate all his papers. Right now, the MH is in the shop to have an exhaust leak fixed and not sure when I will get it back. It has not been a good year for us, and right now, we need to take the MH and go somewhere sunny, warm, with an ocean view for an extended stay to recoup ourselves. But alas, the wife still works and time doesn't allow it. Maybe next year!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #2

Sounds all too familiar. Had two recent years like that. First was because we both lost our jobs, MIL and DW both broke things. Then MIL got sick, died in early October. After that we took off for a week to watch the waves on the coast. Then home to get all the stuff done. Still no jobs! Finally got a job, lasted 14 months, now we are both fully retired and DW was put back in the hospital for 6 days. Between now and end of the year she has so many appointments and surgeries we will not be able to go until next spring.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #3

And then the insurance ran out.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Randy1252
I also have a AAA and we have been watching for the past 7-8 years and it has not got a larger, but someday it will. One question which operation did they use on you. Thru the groin or open the Stomach.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #5

My surgeon went thru the groin. Mostly painless, hated the staples. I shouldn't have, but mowed the yard 2 days after surgery. I really felt well enough to do it. My AAA was 6 centimeters; I was definetly in the danger zone.