Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2005, 05:16 AM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
At the Whittier,NC rally Colette mentioned she saw no birds(I didn't see any squirrels either) but when we got home the birds had left here too! I have a bird bath right outside the kitchen window and have been enjoying them eat the left over bread,drink,and fight over the bird bath.I haven't seen any since we got back. We are south but guess the birds know its going to be cold and flew further south?? Anyone else noticed this?
Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2005, 05:16 AM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
At the Whittier,NC rally Colette mentioned she saw no birds(I didn't see any squirrels either) but when we got home the birds had left here too! I have a bird bath right outside the kitchen window and have been enjoying them eat the left over bread,drink,and fight over the bird bath.I haven't seen any since we got back. We are south but guess the birds know its going to be cold and flew further south?? Anyone else noticed this?
Dianne
Old 11-01-2005, 06:05 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone else noticed this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure have! We are in Davenport, Florida (central Florida about midway between Orlando and Tampa) and the bird population is negligible in this area.

General consensus here is that the heavy hurricane season was the culprit.

Tania and Dave
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thankfully the east coast of NC was spared hurricanes this year except for Ophelia which was more of a nuisance than anything else.Birds were very plentiful here until this past week. We did notice on the way home from the IRV2 rally there were thousands of birds on power lines and in fields.I miss the little guys and the entertainment while washing dishes,the cat misses watching them also.
Dianne
Old 11-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
We had about 10,000 black birds in our yard last week. The noise was amazing. I think they were arguing about who was going to go where. We're down to about 300 bb's today.

No song birds though.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #6

Not many here in Nashville either, I did see a rather large Owl fly over last evening at dusk.

Terry
04 See Ya Gold
00 Voyager (toad)
90 El Dorado class C (spare)
Alarmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #7

Well, if it helps we hear and see the geese flying south every day up here, so maybe more are coming to the south.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Here in Southern Oregon we share the Klamath Wildlife Refuge with North California. An article in todays paper gives a count of 60,000 geese and 500,000 ducks of various species.( who counts these guys?) Every day there are more arriving from up north. We also have many, many white pelicans(the Klamath icon) for the winter. Not to mention eagles and hawks, pheasants, quail and other species. They have plenty of food in the Klamath Lake and marshes of the refuge.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #9

Interesting note about lack of birds after the hurricane. Would they know enough to leave before the bad weather?? or were they blown away, I've heard birds can be blown a long ways away in heavy winds sometimes hundreds of miles. Or were they killed??