Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #15

Stationed at RAF Woodbridge England.
parcany2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2019, 09:09 PM   #16

Just back from the Tour of lovely SE Asia, Central Highlands. Last year to serve, Ft. Meade, riot control downtown DC. The Wedge.
kayak70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
I was

In my first week in the Houston Fire Academy. I was so afraid I would oversleep, since I watched TV almost all nite, & get booted out for being late.

In my early teens one of my friends moved near the Johnson Space Center, since his dad worked for NASA. I would spend some time at his house & to my surprise he lived across the street from Gus Grissom & Wally Schirra.

After 25 years with HFD I retired. NASA was looking for someone with my training & a friend was doing the hiring.

Go the job & as much as I loved HFD, NASA was a DREAM. After about 10 years my friend retired & I was offered the position as Fire & EMS Program Manager (chief). I had access to the entire complex from the tunnels to the roof tops.

I got to hold some moon rocks, see a live launch of the shuttle & received a Silver Snoopy Award.

So this week brings some great memories.
jbwilli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #18

Sitting in barracks at Goodfelow AFB Texas. Watching it on TV and hoping we didn't get caught with the beer (we did). Officer of Day struck his head in looked around (about 10 of us). Said I'll be vack in 10 min. You never saw a garbage can full of ice and beer disappear so fast. [emoji6]
Old 07-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #19

Was glued to TV with my parents.
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:00 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
I was 18 at the time and we had a "moon landing" party at the beach house my family was renting at the time. Great party and great memories
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #21

50 years ago tomorrow, my wife and I were married - July 20, 1969.

When we set the date, we had no idea what historic event (besides us getting married) would be taking place that day.

After the wedding and reception we drove two or three hours to our honeymoon destination, but were starved. We stopped by a mom & pop grocery and discovered the owners lived in the back and were glued to the television waiting for man to set foot on the moon. They insisted we join them.

After about an hour (remember, I'm a 19-year old on his HONEYMOON) - we told them we weren't that hungry after all and we'd be going on our way.

They insisted that we continue watching the grainy, black-and-white images on their 19" television.

Finally we told them we were leaving, so the "Mom" of "Mom & Pop" got up and fixed two bologna sandwiches and we were on our way for the final 5 miles of our honeymoon trip.

We missed the live feed of man walking on the moon, but that day was "one giant leap" for me!!!

Looking back that's always been a highlight of our wedding day...the bologna sandwiches from Mom and Pop...not the man landing on the moon!!
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:37 PM   #22

Family was travelling West to Yellowstone. Went to a gas station someplace in Iowa to watch.
Dnmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #23

Wait! We did what? When? No way! Just kidding! I was at my cousins and we all ran out to look up the moon to see if we could see any one. I was 6!
Vegas25.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:16 PM   #24

I wasn’t alive but I really wish I was to see the great technology we had back then that nasa admits we don’t have today. It’s funny to see so many believe we landed on the moon yet never question why we don’t have any of the original film or data from landing.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:52 AM   #25

In the barracks at Williams AFB in Chandler, AZ. A bunch of us gathered around a tiny black and white TV watching in awe at the history we were seeing.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:06 PM   #26
mat

Hanging out in the delta, picking leeches and not enjoying it one bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	254096  
Old 07-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #27

little kid watching it on tv. months earlier i ate something with nuts and was thinking this is so cool it is stuck between my teeth and later that i don't feel it. i forgot about it and when the cavity hit the nerve on the weekend of the landing there was nothing my parents could do to really help. i was 5 years old with brandy soaked cotton constantly in my mouth and in pain every waking moment. but i did a if they can do it so can i and watched the landing.
turnleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile

I was staying with a relative at Phu Cat AB Vietnam. His name was Uncle Sam. Didn't realize I had so many relatives. Not only that but they all dressed just like me.
ppat is offline   Reply With Quote