Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #113

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
Working at the SATCOM site with our weird schedule I saw very few dependents. Do you remember where your parent worked?

Even though I worked in Landstuhl, I lived in leased housing in Kaiserslautern near the railroad sidings.
Lived in Einsiedlerhof, went to school in K-Town.. You prolly passed my house every day..

You didnt have a motorcycle or remember getting hit in the head with a snowball in Einsiedlerhof by chance??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #114

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A lot of the time I used the autobahn to go to work. Got a ticket coming back from work on the city streets once. The cops just waved you over and there was a handy VW van with some friendly folks waiting to collect your fine on the spot. I did live in Einsiedlerhof for a couple of months. The apartments were in a converted stable/barn and the F4s flying out of Ramstein AFB came close enough to hand them a drink out the window. Einsiedlerhof had a pizza joint that if I recall correctly was called Da Tony's. The only place I ever found in Germany that served iced tea. And yes I did ride a motorcycle and was hit by a snowball thrown by a kid that looked just like you. If you send me all your money now I won't sic my lawyers on you.

Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #115

In my 14th year of 33 year career in the United States Navy (Seabee) serving with the MUSE Dept. installing Utility Equiptment Pier Side for the Fleet around the World ( Great Job ). God Bless America One Nation Under God. Seabee13
Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I was in the USAF stationed at Wright Patterson AFB, in OH...
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #117

Hq. USAF Security Service (now Air Intelligence Command), Kelly AFB, TX. Just returned from Sembach AFB, Germany. (lived in K Town.) Retired with 29 years and went to work for Sony Corp. and retired after 14 years.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #118

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
Hq. USAF Security Service (now Air Intelligence Command), Kelly AFB, TX. Just returned from Sembach AFB, Germany. (lived in K Town.) Retired with 29 years and went to work for Sony Corp. and retired after 14 years.
Another K-Town

I remember the road between Einsedlerhof and K-Town was called ' 40 mark Strasse' by my bus driver.. He use to open the door and curse at the 'ladies' as we went by
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Working for Bell Helicopter in Tehran, Iran !!!
Well, loosely 'working' since as a compooter type, they hadn't gotten the mainframes in until 13 months after I got there

Best vacation of my life !!! Rode Motorcycles thru Europe, Russia, Iran.... passed a good time there and made saved a LOT of money to be splurged when I got back
Old 12-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #120

Bush flying out of Kenai, Alaska
Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #121

1977 - Celebrating 6 years back from Viet Nam! I was still wondering why the rest of the world was so screwed up and I was OK. Took about 5 more years to learn that wasn't necessarily the case.

A million thanks to my DW for putting up with me during that period.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #122

In 77 I completed my last year of electrical apprenticeship and became a new journeyman electrician. Retired now at 59.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #123

I once Again want to thank ALL OF YOU VETERANS for serving OUR Country.... Thankyou my Brothers and Sisters,,, and all AMERICANS !!! Thankyou for OUR Country... Please don't take that lightly...
I had no idea this post would bring out so many people who remembered 1977... It's great to know I'm not alone remembering the past.....
Darel
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
Bush flying out of Kenai, Alaska
Man,, I've always wanted my license,, (sp?) took some lessons as a teenager,, then an A&P mech for many years... Flew twin engine turbo props on test flights many times from the right seat.... The BEST pilot I ever flew with was from flying the pipeline in Alaska,,, he was THE BEST .... Went with him on a test flight one night after hanging an engine on a Metro Liner,,, made in San Antonio,, he made that aircraft do things SO SMOOTH,,, you would never believe,,, I'd fly with him again anywhere.... He flew that passenger plane (empty) like a combat plane.... He was THE BEST.... Just like my Army commander,,, And no,,, I'm not easy to impress... (John Gingrich , veterans adim... )
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #125

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Echo Battery,,, 82 Field Artillery, TAB Battery,,, (Target acquisition Battery)
I see you were in the Cav. Me too 1bd 2nd/7th FDC cross trained sniper, got Ranger Tab o4/64 & went across the pond.
Lot of memories mostly good ones, forgot most of the bad.

Take care
Gary Owen
Old 01-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #126

National RV Owners Club
1977. Schweinfurt Germany at first duty station. 3rd Infantry Division. 1st Battalion 30th Mechanized. Don't remember which company.

Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote