Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralper View Post
If you are 62 or more get the federal government's Senior Pass for $10.00 and it is good for life. Free into all parks and other federal things like museums. 50% off at government campgrounds. COE, BLM, National Forest, National Park, etc. CGs.

Passport America for about $50.00 per year gives you 50% off at over 1700 participating campgrounds. Will pay for itself in 5 nights or less.

Good Sam is good. I have both GS and GS Emergency Road Service.

These four are all you need. I do not go to KOA except when stuck with no where else to go. They are overpriced dumps IMHO.
Good advice. I would also add "way over priced" to the KOA comment.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
For membership campgrounds, look at discount brokers. We bought Coast to Coast, ROD and Thousand Trails all from a broker and got very good deals. Coast to Coast now costs $10/night at their campgrounds; ROD and TT are free. We are full-timers and for us, this makes the most sense financially.

llmrealestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Leeper,

If you want an opinion of FMCA go to today's Gypsy Journal blog.. It tells it true!!! Escapees is the best group association over all... Good Sams if you want to get 'lost among millions', but they're reliable.. Regional groups, if you aren't 'covering the country'... AND 'THE BOOMERS' FOR EVERYBODY!!
FRIENDS, FUN AND FAMILY(if you are a 'Boomer')...

Smooth roads, clear skies & balmy breezes!!!

butterbean

Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralper View Post
If you are 62 or more get the federal government's Senior Pass for $10.00 and it is good for life. Free into all parks and other federal things like museums. 50% off at government campgrounds. COE, BLM, National Forest, National Park, etc. CGs. I do use this and it's well worth it, but there again you have a lot of people that say it's still too much to pay.

Passport America for about $50.00 per year gives you 50% off at over 1700 participating campgrounds. Will pay for itself in 5 nights or less. I have never used this one so I can't comment.

Good Sam is good. I have both GS and GS Emergency Road Service. We use Coach-Net

These four are all you need. I do not go to KOA except when stuck with no where else to go. They are overpriced dumps IMHO. I have to second this Konstantly Overcharging America
We belong to FMCA, Escapees and GS. when the GS expires it's gone I throw away at least 5 or 6 pieces of junk mail into the recycling been a month from them and get daily spam/junk in e-mail from them and CW.

"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote