Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiebug View Post
My husband has a plant in Tennessee. Brought me home a quart of "clear shine" and told me not to mistake it for the humming bird food when filling the feeders.

I think it'd be safer to just give them the 'shine...

Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacy View Post
Wild turkey 101 one shot at a time
+ to that with a tiny bit of water.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #31

rye & ginger on the rocks with a very close second, Sortilege, from the Quebec heartland, available also in BC in a smaller bottle 375 ml priced @ about 30.00, but it's so smooth, and has a hint of maple liquer in it. I can drink it slow, warm, over ice, and wondering if it would be good over vanilla ice cream. Down to 1 bottle good thing Im going west again, time to restock.
buginmyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.M View Post
One of the requirements for the future RV is a proper space for the liquor cabinet, but we will have to downscale the variety of scotches on hand. Of course, we'll have one heck of a party when the time comes to downsize.... Mrs.M
Unless I'm invited to this Scotch downsizing party, may I suggest a larger MH instead of a smaller liquor cabinet.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Mostly a beer drinker and brew my own. While at the sticks and bricks I rarely have to buy beer crafted by anyone but me.

For whiskey I kind of like Basil Hayden's once in a while.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #34

Not whiskey but my favorite is Bombay sapphire Gin on the rocks. Please sip responsibly. Lol
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #35

Last winter in Key West a couple from Kentucky pulled in, after exchanging niceties he brought out a jug of "apple pie" shine I must say that was the best tasting, smoothest liquor I've ever had, but it sure kicked like a mule. That jug sat 6 of us on our butts. Hope to meet up with them this year
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #36

Ahh, Apple Pie. I tried to find some last February while I was in Gaffney but could not.I understand that you cannot buy it, it is a gift. I enjoy the single malts with no real favorite. I like JW Black on the rocks and DW enjoys Dewars with Amaretto which she calls a Godfather. Sure makes her happy! I enjoy bourbon also. Makers Mark to Rebel Yell. We should have a scotch drinkers rally.
mcbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #37

Almost any scotch will do in a pinch, but given a choice, I'll take a cognac rather than even the finest whiskey.

On a cold night around the campfire, a hot spiced rum with cranberry juice can be really good.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
I'm a simple man. A good old "crown and 7" warms my soul.
Ditto with a diet coke or sour mix.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Nah nah nah nah! Picky picky!

I also drank enough warm beer in VN that if I don't have one up to my expectations of cold now-a-days, I'll put ice in a glass with beer in it.

I prefer my scotch cold, but I have imbibed in straight up. So there.

Reminds me of my GTMO days. Party, party, party was the word of the day. I'd take my Chivas (couldn't get Malt) to the party only to notice that i wasn't drinking much, but the bottle was emptying fast. Hmm! Next party I took an empty Cuddy Sark bottle and poured my Chivas in it and took the Cuddy Sark bottle to the party. I had that scotch to myself all night. All future parties I did the same thing.

Sorry GTMO crowd!
When I was in GITMO for reftra there was very little time off so we usually got , well you know, whadayagot on sale?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #40

I prefer a nice cold brew; however i have learned to appreciate a nice red wine with a good bloody steak! My partner and i enjoy a few drinks now and then- no whiskey for me though! Lol
NURSECAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #41

With single malt , Neat or sometimes with a few drops is the way to go.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne M - somewhere on another thread you called me out on libation pic with no scotch in sight. So as promised, I pulled a few favorites out. Looks like I need to make a supply run. Several need spares brought in and need to chase down a few mentioned here. Think I may run a few bench tests on these tonight to make sure they're in operating order. I do like the various Balvenie singletons but variety is the spice of life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1908630975.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	620.3 KB
ID:	29526
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote