Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #1

Who else is already planning their first trip of the season?

Well as I sit here in the great Canadian deep freeze I ventured out to my rig just for a visit and got overwhelmed with the urge to go camping!! From there I came back inside and reserved my first weekend away in late April to Porteau cove for an Oceanside stay, who else is in the same boat as me and already has their first weekend planned, pining for a beverage by the fire

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1040275407.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	55241

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
First planned trip is a Tearjerkers trip to Hell, Michigan.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #3

I started planning my first trip the day I declared that my coach was "put up for the winter". It's what helps me pass away the days in anticipation of getting it back out on the road.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our Good Sam Chapter has an outing to Shediac, New Brunswick planned for my first campout. But. I am doing a lot of planning for what will be our last trip of the season. We have about ten couples going to Fryeburg, Maine, for the Fryeburg Fair. We have been there before, and it has to be one of the greatest agricultural fairs in the nation.
OK , now I'm getting anxious to get going. It has been a mixed bag of weather here in Moncton, New Brunswick. One day it is very mild and then drops to cold as hell. The farmers almanac is predicting an early spring. I shore hope they are right.

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #5

Somewhere close to our dealer. It'll be our Shake Down weekend with our new MH. Can't wait. All I've been doing is finding answers to my questions here on the forum. Been "Searching" everything and finding all the answers. So much information on this forum. Thanks to everyone that posts here and that has helped me get answers. CAN'T WAIT!!!
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here in SoCal we have been doing the desert season all winter.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #7

We hope to pick up our new 5th wheel in a couple of weeks, after we get it home here in Maryland and loaded up ,We are headed to Savannah for a couple of weeks. Also in the planning stages is a trip to New Orleans then up the Natchez Trace Parkway with stops in Memphis, Tennessee and Branson , Missouri before heading to the Saint Louis area for a Family Reunion
PGFD-RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Catherine's Landing( Arkansas) in April!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:26 AM   #9

Yes, but I do have a question for you. I was doing some pre-planning and haven't called the ressie line since i'm still not approved by the better half on itinerary. Should I save myself trouble and use an American address or do I need to phone in the ressie since State is a drop down and I can be from Puerto Rico on the drop down list but not any province or territory. (Alabama state park). Or should we just head down with no ressies (she who gives approval doesn't approve).
Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We'll be heading out the last weekend in March, it's opening day of Trout fishing. We go to a CG on the Brandywine Ck. It's the Gus only, nephews, great nephews and BIL, this will be our third year. It's about 30 miles from home.
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have had it planned since we put her away (semi) back in Oct..Its a CG about 70-80 miles south of the city's. Its a sales pitch dealy 3 nights 4 day FREE deal where you listen to a sales pitch, brochure sure makes it look nice. Enjoy the rest of the time on them.
tb
spritz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
Well as I sit here in the great Canadian deep freeze I ventured out to my rig just for a visit and got overwhelmed with the urge to go camping!! From there I came back inside and reserved my first weekend away in late April to Porteau cove for an Oceanside stay, who else is in the same boat as me and already has their first weekend planned, pining for a beverage by the fire

Attachment 55241
I have all the same urges as you except mine would likely not be Porteau Cove. We stayed there a few years ago. Beautiful Oceanside Campground except for the train that went by 30' from our site every hour through the night. We finally packed up at 5:30 and left early.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #13

I know what your saying about the train! If you aren't Oceanside, my kids are crazy about beach combing and we find that's a great site to do it without bringing the toad
Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #14
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
I know what your saying about the train! If you aren't Oceanside, my kids are crazy about beach combing and we find that's a great site to do it without bringing the toad
The park is definitely beautiful and great for exploring I'll admit.