Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
My son buys 'um for me all the time... They're great but I think I still favor IN-&-OUT. There's something about the simplicity of their burger.

1999 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
Many Places Full Time
No Dog * No Cat * No Co-Pilot
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #16
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Never heard of smashburger till now. I like the bacon cheeseburger at Cracker Barrel. I get mine on grilled sourdough bread with onion rings. Hard to beat. Ruby Tuesday makes an awesome burger, comes with unlimited salad bar. In Raleigh, NC there's a place called "Fat Daddy's" who makes their own bread and has a "fixin's bar" so you can build it how you like it. Awesome fries and onion rings too. Not sure if it's a chain or not. Never left there hungry. They have probably 50 micro-brew beers on real ice. Mmmmm. Live music and pool tables downstairs. Bring a designated driver!

Now I'm hungry. Thanks.

2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
OK...I was a vegetarian for 7 yrs, just 3yrs ago I stopped. (Sweet but long story.)

This past fall I went on a search for the BEST cheeseburger.
Having tried about 30 from most of the fastfoods (never go into Mc D's), and one in every nice place around here, I have concluded that the very best was.....?...?......?.......?......

The Carl's Jr Steakhouse burger.
Quote from L.A. Times:
"The fast-food chain is taking a cue from more upscale restaurants with its Steakhouse offering. The Black Angus beef patty will be smothered with A.1. steak sauce, Swiss cheese and crumbled blue cheese, crispy onion strings and the standard lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise."

It was so....good...I wanted another one....but was too full !!!

Check this out....

'94 Bounder 32h. Chevy V-8 44k miles and like new. Tow 4 down '85 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab
Retire in 1yr. 3mo. , but who's counting
mr300ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
There is an upscale steakhouse near me that has lunch specials in the week.

My favorite is their hickory burger. About 1/2 lb of freshly ground beef with cheese, bacon, hickory sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions with lashings of fries and a pickle. I prefer it prepared medium rare.

It is served with your choice of tea or soda, a draft beer, a glass of wine, or a martini.

All for $10.

Ray's Killer Creek.
Just to the west of GA 400 on Mansell Rd in Alpharetta, GA

Paul Whittle
1994 Crown Royale - Signature
300 HP/920 Ft Lb C8.3 Cummins/6-Speed Allison
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
Our son used to work at Hardee's, and he found out a bit about the chain. Carl Jr's and Hardee's are pretty much the same, but they use different names in different areas. I've not seen a Carl's around here, but Hardee's are fairly common. DW and I prefer Hardee's for a quick burger, but when we're pulling the mpg, a place on the right with a large parking lot trumps a Hardee's on the left.
David, kb0zke
Mercury Mountaineer towing mpg 181(both sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
Has anyone tried the "Original" Smash Burger, the Herd Burger in Jacksboro, TX? I do not even know if they are still in business but they used to make the best Old Fashioned Greasy burgers ever.
Ross Murphy
2000 Fleetwood Discovery 37G
PT Cruiser Toad
Scooter Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
we ate at the one across from the med center in ft. Collins. always did the blood work first, yummy!

the c. woods and fat sammy who had a few bites.loved it gave it 5 woofs!
cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nothin beats a good barbecued burger loaded with fried onions and real cheese, cooked on the barbecue at the TT. Add a few great friends, a few cold beers, or a glass of wine. Sit back, enjoy the company, tell the best lie, and laugh at those fools eating processed meat and cheese at the burger joint. On the other hand, we often pass on the burgers and have lobster. I can usually get it for about $ 2.50 a pound off my friends boat. Your all invited. Canadian beer only. LOL!!!!!!!

Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #23
I ate a lot of take out burgers in my single days but don't much care for them now. A Costco patty grilled on the hibachi with our own fixins at the cg is preferable by far.
We did find a good one in northwest Washington called Bob's. Reasonably priced and the signature burger is huge, I can't finish one with a side of mojos.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
One just opened up near us in Louisville Ky. We ate there today. DW at the whole burger. Mushroom and swiss + bacon. First time in years she has eaten her whole sandwich. :-)
I had a big smash and enjoyed it muches.
Loved the fried pickles and banana peppers.
Pricey compared to regular burger places, bit worth it for the service and food I thought.
03 chevy tahoe and a tent for now
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #25
Alpine Owners Club
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
Okay we drove to Charlotte NC and got a Smashburger it was worth trip
and it is better than 5 guys the tea was great the only thing we like better at 5 guys was the fries thanks for telling us about it
they said we were going to get one soon in SC we also visted the avation
museum and saw the plane that crashed in the Hudson river and went to the Billy Graham Library I will post pics in another thread

Agree totally. 5 guys wins the fries war but the smashburger wins the burgers, particularly with the more "custom" burgers at smashburger. They are pricey but frequently have bogo coupons, that makes it a reasonable outing.
Jaime & Dave (and our 3 cocker spaniels)
2005 Alpine Coach 36FDTS w/ 2009 Honda CR-V, Doran TPMS, Roadmaster Towbar, US Gear Braking
Dave and Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Ok, a little trivia. Hardee's was started in the 60s in the town I work in, Greenville NC, by Wilber Hardee. Mr. Hardee sold the small chain of fast food restaurants here in Eastern NC to a group of business men in Rocky Mount NC. They took the chain nationwide. The headquarters remained in Rocky Mount until Carl’s purchased the chain and moved the headquarters away.
When I was a teenager in Washington NC, Hardees was our hang out. Drinks were $.10, French fries were $.15 and a hamburger was $.25. We sure have come a long way from that.

Bill & Camillla
Thor Four Winds 31L Class C and Jeep Liberty
WA4SLC is offline   Reply With Quote