Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Who has had a "Smashburger" ?

They are in about 20+ states. Apparently a growing franchise.

Who has had one and what did you think?

2003 Dolphin LX 6355 w/ W22 chassis; 8.1L gasser & Allison 1000
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Haven't had one, but the guys on the fishing forum I frequent rate it below the local Houston favorite independents, 5 Guys, Mooyah, and even Fuddruckers. I probably won't waste my time or money to find out since there is not one very close to my location.

Jimmy & Tre
Katy, TX
2014 Allegro Red 38QRA
& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Alpine Owners Club
Had 'em & LOVE 'EM. A little pricey, but the quality can't be beat. At our St. George, Utah location, we have one on the menu called the "Beehive" (Burger with honey bbq sauce, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and haystack onions on an egg bun) which is EXCELLENT. Also love the Mushroom & Swiss. All varieties come in the Small Smash, the Smash and the Big Smash for small, medium and large appetites. No, I'm not a franchise owner - just a happy customer!
Roger & Diana
'03 Alpine 36MDDS
Leeds, UT
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Great Burgers

A happy Customer, here. We've had them repeatedly. Really good Buns. Top o'the Heap vs. the Competition. Great, hot Fries and real Shakes. They smoke '5 Guys' offerings here North of Denver.

No Financial ties; just a pleasured Palate!
Engineer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
GREAT BURGER!!!!! I'd take one over IN-N-OUT or 5 Guys any day!
Like others have said, a bit pricey. I went to the one in Colorado Springs. I wish they had one here in the OC.
tj4dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #6
They just opened near us. They are a little pricey for us. They were very good, maybe a little salty. I still prefer a greasy spoon for my burgers, but this was a good second choice. We couldn't afford to go there on a regular basis, though.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
RaynMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
Okay I love Burgers and 5 guys is the best I will drive to Charlotte NC 1.5 hours away and try one and get back to you.
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #8

We have a few here in the Denver area and they are really good but pricey. Much better than fat burger. I haven't tried 5 guys yet.
Traveling whenever possible with DW, 3 kids and "Tate" the mut dog. 1999 Minnie Winnie 3F430V
Bondad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Thumbs down

always try to give someone more than 1 chance, so dw and i tried 3 times ! sorry we just didn't like them.
swampdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How in the world did burgers ever get so expensive? I have a hard time to justify paying out 7 to 10 bucks for a solitary burger. These places want to charge another 2 plus bucks for 10 cents of potatoes.
The best burger is a burger cooked over coals in a campground. That is about the only time I have a burger now
2011 Allegro 32CA \ 2013 CRV toad
Previous:2007 Winnebago Class C
99' Winnebago Adventurer /Towables
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
Okay we drove to Charlotte NC and got a Smashburger it was worth trip
and it is better than 5 guys the tea was great the only thing we like better at 5 guys was the fries thanks for telling us about it
they said we were going to get one soon in SC we also visted the avation
museum and saw the plane that crashed in the Hudson river and went to the Billy Graham Library I will post pics in another thread
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08237.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	16661  
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
We like the availability of beer or wine with our burger at Smashburger. Other places are soft drinks only. And their burgers are really good. As for major burger joints, Carl's Jr and In-n-out are good to our tastes--McDonalds and Wendys not so much. Used to like Hardees and Roy Rogers when traveling back east. Are they still around? Fatburgers are reminiscent of the Hardees taste to me. 5 Guys wins the best greasy fries in a bag contest.
'09 Pleasure Way Lexor, Chevrolet Express 3500 chassis, 6.0L V8
Last RV, 2005 NRV Dolphin 5342 (2007-2014)
two2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
As far as I know Hardees Thickburgers are still around, though the last time I had one was back in 2003.

5 guys has always been, its a burger, just costs too much, same for alot of 'gourmet" burger joints out there, I suspect Smash will likely be similar. The only one I've ever encountered that was worth the price you paid for it, which was rather inexpensive, was the "Special" at Stanich's in Portland, Oregon.
'92 Dodge W250 "Dually" Power Wagon
KIT 1106 Kamper Slide-in Truck Camper
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #14
Hardees is still around but they are now owned by Carl's.

tj4dirt is offline   Reply With Quote