Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
Stopped by Costco today. They have a number of classic movies. Four different movies per package. One package had "The Long Long Trailer" and a couple of Cary Grant movies.. and one other..

Picked up a package of 36 microfiber cloths for less than $10. They also had a 55 watt solar system with controls for under $200.. don't know how well it works.. but, the Costco Guarantee can't be beat.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
They were devices with a set of wheels that held the trailer tongue. It had a connector that hooked to the ball on the car bumper. The weight of the trailer tongue was on the dolly instead of on the car ball (like they are now).

Lori-
They something like that now..... not that i would trust it for anything.
The new one shows a duraango towing 5th wheel TT.!!!
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I saw the movie when it came out !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was looking through a magazine a while back while waiting to see my doctor. There was a picture of an older Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo towing a fifth wheel RV with what looks like a pedestal contraption right in the middle of the vehicle and the fifth wheel hitch up on the roof. It was in a section of 'patents pending' and I guess the guy was applying so he had to build an original. Can't find anything on the web but I haven't tried for a while.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
I got to thinking it has probably been over 20 years since I had watched the movie so I went looking on line. Watched it here The Long, Long Trailer (1953).avi | SockShare
for free. Just as funny as ever.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I was looking through a magazine a while back while waiting to see my doctor. There was a picture of an older Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo towing a fifth wheel RV with what looks like a pedestal contraption right in the middle of the vehicle and the fifth wheel hitch up on the roof. It was in a section of 'patents pending' and I guess the guy was applying so he had to build an original. Can't find anything on the web but I haven't tried for a while.
Here is the one I saw a while back Trailer Hitch|Gooseneck Horse Trailers|5th Wheel RVs|Flatbed Goosenecks|Fifth Wheel gone are the pics of a durango I saw a while back.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #35

Purchased our copy from E-Bay. Watch it annually for a chuckle. No; don't carry rocks nor interested in cooking while underway.
tworootless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #36

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Watch it once or twice a year with grand daughters...they love lucy. Don't pick up as many rocks at one time, but have rocks all over the back yard from several states.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Step Mother hated Lucille Ball, and every time that movie was on I would watch it.
I remember one time when I was a kid they had on the local TV, back when there was only 3 networks and 2 local stations, one of the local stations had a movie on Monday thru Saturday called the Million Dollar Movie Followed by the 10 O'clock news with George Putnam, any way they played that movie every night for a week my step mother was fit to be tied, I would come home from work and watch that movie (before I went in the Service)
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #38

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our RV had a bit more of a problem than getting stuck on a loggin road. But all's good so far!
http://highlightofourtwilight.blogspot.com/
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
DW and I just watched it again this morning. I wish I could find one. Or at least some photos of it online!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #40

Nor'easters Club
My Aunt and Uncle are big Lucy fans. When I bought my my RV they decided it would be a great gift to give my The Long Trailer on DVD. I was skeptical that I would enjoy it. Boy was I wrong. Truly a classic.

I carry it with me, even though I have very limited space.

Rich "The Wanderman"
Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #41

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I remember watching it on TV when Iwas a young boy. My mother was a big Lucy fan.I don't remember all of it,just the part where they got stuck and Lucy was scotch taping the glasses to the table. I have to get a copy for in the RV, we have the movie RV and Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation that stay in the RV.Two of my favorites,love comedys.
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have seen it at least twice.. both a long, long time ago.

As for that Mercury Convertable pulling that size trailer... Mercury back then had a lot more horsepower then they needed.. By today's standard a common "Grocery getter" of that era would be a "Muscle car" I mean I had a modest little six banger with over 200 HP under the hood.. Today I see car makers bragging how powerful their car is with about the same HP as that old Ford.

And we pulled farm trailers with it full of livestock.