Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #15

Never wrestle with a Pig..
You both get dirty...
and the Pig likes it

tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'm sure you all know that #1 Community Rule at iRV2 is "Be Nice." Anytime you feel that a post is out of line, please feel free to click on the red triangle "Report Post" button and a staff member will intervene if necessary. We can't be everywhere all the time, so a reported post will get attention sooner.

Likewise, there is a report button on Private Messages, so you can make sure that any rude PM is dealt with by the forum staff. You need not be subject to anyone's rudeness on the open forum or in a PM.
X2. Our Forum is largely policed by our members. We encourage your assistance and always thank those that give it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompen View Post
Never wrestle with a Pig..
You both get dirty...
and the Pig likes it
Sheesh!
Wish I had thought of that instead.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just have to ad another quote, I do not remember Who said it..
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..
Too many great people on this forum to let a few idiots get to you.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #19

My grandmother also told me and my siblings, "Keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them."
Old 07-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #20

There are a couple of reasons for my question. Several months ago I started a thread that asked the question of whether or not someone would be willing to take a cut in their social security to save the system. I presented no opinion but simply asked the question. Wow, what an eye opener. I was lambasted by some for ASKING the question.

Another "hot topic" seems to be the Montana LLC's. For some reason there are a few posters who think that everyone who uses a Montana LLC is some kind of a crook even if the person who uses the LLC is in complete compliance with the law. To add to the mix I've seen people get all bent out of shape when someone suggests that a particular car can be used as a toad.

Some things just don't need to be argued about.

Ed
Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #21

Unfortunately, not everyone has the good fortune to live and thrive in a positive work/home environment. I was in a company's billing office the other day to discuss a fraudulent invoice they had sent me. Nobody smiled. Everybody was on the defensive, obviously from dealing with unhappy customers all day, every day. It is hard to imagine one of these people engaging in a positive discussion after eight hours of negativity.

Keep in mind that any negative feedback to your post is aimed anonymously at an anonymous user (you). Don't take it personally and consider the many possible reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with you.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
Unfortunately, not everyone has the good fortune to live and thrive in a positive work/home environment. I was in a company's billing office the other day to discuss a fraudulent invoice they had sent me. Nobody smiled. Everybody was on the defensive, obviously from dealing with unhappy customers all day, every day. It is hard to imagine one of these people engaging in a positive discussion after eight hours of negativity.

Keep in mind that any negative feedback to your post is aimed anonymously at an anonymous user (you). Don't take it personally and consider the many possible reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with you.

I would definitely agree that there are those that "are having a bad day" out there, but it does seem like there are certain folks that just thrive on being negative. I don't take things personally. As a CPA I can tell you that there are some people out there who think we write the tax laws and have total control over their refunds. I don't take their ignorance personally and when I see an ignorant post I also don't take it personally.

The vast majority of those on this board are positive upbeat folks who look to providing good information. If they have an opinion about something they will state it in a positive fashion. It's that irritating few that can really be the proverbial stone in the shoe.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
This forum is really great compared to other forums I frequent.

There will always be trolls who think they know everything. The internet gives these people a means to "bully" a greater audience...
Old 07-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blag View Post
This forum is really great compared to other forums I frequent.

There will always be trolls who think they know everything. The internet gives these people a means to "bully" a greater audience...
Interesting...I just hit this thread after leaving another. The poor OP in the other one simply had a tech question...how to disable the daytime running lights on his MH. The thing went for 3 pages with maybe one or two actually answering his question. The half remainder wanted to know "why", and lecture him on why not. The other half wanted to argue with the first half!

I wonder what would happen here if someone wanted to know how to disable the DRL while they were camped in Walmart on the way to Montana to set up their LLC???
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #25

I'm thinking about taking all four of my tires off the rims on my TT and just run on the rims. Do you think this will work?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger-63
I'm thinking about taking all four of my tires off the rims on my TT and just run on the rims. Do you think this will work?
For a short distance. Lol.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #27

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

For a short distance. Lol.
That should spark some interest!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger-63 View Post
Why'n't ya try it, and take pictures? We can all then speculate on what you were thinking!

JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote